LTH Home

Evanston Farmers Market

Evanston Farmers Market
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 14 of 17
  • Post #391 - October 16th, 2021, 11:18 am
    Post #391 - October 16th, 2021, 11:18 am Post #391 - October 16th, 2021, 11:18 am
    Hi- I just got back from the Evanston farmers market, and several of the farmers told me that the city just denied the request to move the market to Fountain Square! That saves me the trouble of sending emails to my alderman and the mayor. Apparently there was somebody in charge of economic development with the city of Evanston, who thought the city should get out of the farmer's market business, and he approached the general manager of the Downtown Evanston Business Association about the possibility of them taking it over and moving it to Fountain Square. Apparently the city has been making money on the market and so it is not for financial reasons.

Also the manager of the market mentioned last night that the matching program at the market that will allow you to double your purchases at the market with your LINK card has run out of money, and this is the last Saturday that they will double the amount of money spent at the farmer's market. They are looking for donations to the fund future markets. Usually they have a benefit for the program sometime in August where they have several local chefs selling dishes that they have made out of stuff acquired at the farmer's market, but because of the pandemic, this has not taken place since 2019. Hopefully this will come back next year.

Nichols had red peppers 10/$5, and they had their Italian garlic $2 a head, or six heads for $10. I love their garlic. Henry definitely had fewer tomatoes this week. Mostly what he had was Romas. He also had some #2 peppers for 1/2 price. I saw somebody buying a huge kohlrabi at Henry's stand. I looked to see if there were any more, but I did not see any. It looked like he was out of broccoli too. Hope this helps, Nancy
  • Post #392 - October 16th, 2021, 6:31 pm
    Post #392 - October 16th, 2021, 6:31 pm Post #392 - October 16th, 2021, 6:31 pm
    NFriday wrote:Hi- I just got back from the Evanston farmers market, and several of the farmers told me that the city just denied the request to move the market to Fountain Square! That saves me the trouble of sending emails to my alderman and the mayor.
    Great news! Thanks for passing it along. It saves me the effort to resist through my alderman as well. First Orchards has continued their unbelievable 3/$1 deal on poblanos for about 4-5 weeks in a row now.
  • Post #393 - October 23rd, 2021, 2:21 pm
    Post #393 - October 23rd, 2021, 2:21 pm Post #393 - October 23rd, 2021, 2:21 pm
    Well- Henry's sister Terra encouraged everybody to contact their councilman, the mayor of Evanston, and the city manager, telling them why they did not want to see the market moved, and twenty four hours later, the city came out with a message that somebody misinformed people, and the market is not moving, and never planned to move. Myra, the market manager says that she warned everybody responsible for the city that they should not mess with the farmer's market. She said that they were discussing moving the market, but they did not involve her in the discussions. Myra says that every January she mails the contract for the rental of the parking lot that is used to hold the farmer's market to somebody at Northwestern, and she anxiously waits for him to return the signed contract to her.

Myra said that there were several people that told her that if they moved the farmer's market to Fountain Square that meant that people would have to walk farther to get to the parking garage, and that would be a game changer for them. They would rather not come to the market as opposed to walking an extra block to get to the parking garage.

There are two more regular markets left, and then Immanuel Lutheran will hold a Thanksgiving market the Saturday before Thanksgiving, and then they will hold a market in December. Starting in January, the ecology center and Immanuel Lutheran will host alternate markets that will take place through April. There will be no markets taking place at the ecology center until January,

There were very few tomatoes at the market today, although there were some peppers. Two of the farmers even had corn today, and one person had fresh basil left by the time I got there.
  • Post #394 - October 29th, 2021, 10:57 pm
    Post #394 - October 29th, 2021, 10:57 pm Post #394 - October 29th, 2021, 10:57 pm
    Hi- Henry's sister Teresa is coming with jam, organic apples and pears, persimmon, and her sisters goat milk soap. Henry is also bringing lots of stuff, and he might have a few tomatoes because they did not get hit by frost. He does expect to get hit by frost in a few days though. He is also bringing cabbage, bok choy, kale carrots, sweet potatoes, winter squash, and romanesco broccoli.

Tomorrow is going to be the last market for Jon First. I am sorry to see him drop out of the market. I love his asparagus and corn. There are going to be a few other growers that will not be at the 11/6 market.

Myra the market manager wants to thank all of the people who contacted the city about the market possibly moving. She says the city potentially will eventually have to find another location for the market, because Northwestern owns the land the market is situated at, and there is always a chance that they will decide to do something else with the land.
  • Post #395 - November 6th, 2021, 12:21 am
    Post #395 - November 6th, 2021, 12:21 am Post #395 - November 6th, 2021, 12:21 am
    Hi- Well this is the end of the regular Saturday outdoor market. There will be an outdoor market at Immanuel Lutheran Church on 11/20 though. There should be less farmers there this week. Henry though has so much stuff to bring up, that he cannot fit it all in his truck. He is borrowing his sister Teresa's van and somebody is driving their car up with stuff that Henry does not have room for. He has lots of lettuce and other greens, as well as sweet potatoes, potatoes, cabbage, squash, brussel sprouts, cornmeal, and lots of root veggies as well as black garlic. Henry's corn meal is fantastic. Henry had a few hard frosts this week, and so this is going to be the last market for his lettuce. He still has lots of peppers left, and he is running a special on them. Henry is going to start taking bulk orders for the Thanksgiving market in approximately a week. If you see something listed in the bulk order form that you would like, you should order it then. There is a chance that Henry will be out of a lot of his veggies by the time the market rolls around. Last year he sold all of his stuff in bulk for Thanksgiving.

K & K Farms is going to be there too, and they should have lots of apples and cider and the last of their raspberries. They cover up some of their raspberry bushes to protect them from the frost. I am sure they are going to be the only people with raspberries this week, and so get there early if you want some. Nichols should have lots of veggies too, and the mushroom people will be there. Hope this helps, Nancy
  • Post #396 - November 16th, 2021, 3:10 pm
    Post #396 - November 16th, 2021, 3:10 pm Post #396 - November 16th, 2021, 3:10 pm
    I just wanted to remind people that the Thanksgiving market is taking place at Immanuel Lutheran church this Saturday 11/20 starting at 9:00am. You can park underneath the Holiday Inn. I think it is $2 for one hour.

Immanuel is going to have two markets in December, and starting in January they are doing to alternate with the Ecology center on Saturday mornings. They are going to continue the advocacy table again this year. At each market they are going to have a table set up, where they will have one topic that they want people to be aware of, and then people can send postcards to the appropriate people to voice their opinion about that particular topic. A lot of these mail ins pertain to a particular piece of legislation they would like to see get passed. Then then give you a post card, with the name of your local legislator on it and their address, and you voice your opinion on the legislation, and they supply the postage to mail it.

Has anybody gotten the email from Henry Brockman for people that want to preorder from him? I have not gotten it yet. On his facebook page on Saturday evening, he said it was coming soon, but I still have not gotten it. I even looked in my trash section to see if I accidentally got rid of it, and I checked my spam numerous times. I even posted on Henry's Facebook page last night, asking when it was coming, and no luck. Thanks, Nancy
  • Post #397 - November 17th, 2021, 10:19 pm
    Post #397 - November 17th, 2021, 10:19 pm Post #397 - November 17th, 2021, 10:19 pm
    Hi- I finally got the email this afternoon with the bulk order form from Henry. I just submitted my order a hour ago, and while I was filling out my order, Henry was already out of some of the stuff I was going to order. I was going to order the 10 pounds of #2 carrots, and by the time I clicked on that so I could order it, it said that they were out of that. They are out of the #2 20 pound bags too. The last time I looked they still had a few of the five pound bags of #2 carrots left. A lot of the people that buy the #2 carrots use them for juice, and so it would not take them long to use up 20 pounds of carrots. I ended up ordering 10 pounds of the purple carrots instead. They were also out of all of the scallions, and the yellow potatoes I wanted to get. I ended up getting 10 pounds of the #2 potatoes instead.

Henry is not using paypal this year. He is using google pay and he is also using the same system he has been using at the Evanston market the last few years. He used to allow you to write out a check too, but it looks like that option is not available. I freaked out at first, because when I submitted my order, it said that I was suppose to pick it up at his farm. I then looked at the email Terra sent out, and she mentioned that Henry's Farm is listed as the pickup location for all of the orders, and she does not know how to correct it. You can pick up your order from 8:00am-12:00pm at Immanuel Lutheran church. Do not show up at 11:45 though. I did that a few years ago, and they had already assumed that I was not going to show up, and they put my stuff back, and they had to rebag everything for me.

Henry only has root veggies, winter squash and cabbage in bulk. He does not have any kale or swiss chard or collards in bulk. I assume he will have some greens to sell Saturday. Maybe he will have some black garlic on Saturday too. Nichols should have lots of greens too, and maybe some spinach.

If you want to order anything from Henry, I would do it ASAP before he sells out of most of his stuff. Hope this helps, Nancy
  • Post #398 - November 17th, 2021, 10:34 pm
    Post #398 - November 17th, 2021, 10:34 pm Post #398 - November 17th, 2021, 10:34 pm
    I was able to order Elba potatoes, Rainbow carrots, (5 pounds each), 1 pint hardback Garlic, and 4 Honey Nut Butternut Squash. No problems, looking forward to it.
  • Post #399 - November 18th, 2021, 4:47 pm
    Post #399 - November 18th, 2021, 4:47 pm Post #399 - November 18th, 2021, 4:47 pm
    Henry is bringing lots of stuff to the market Saturday that is not on his bulk order list, including lettuce, kale, swiss chard, broccoli, romanesco, brussel sprouts and Chinese broccoli. I love his romanesco. I just roast it. He asks that people not show up until 8:00 am. He has a 200 people waiting list for his CSA next year. If you have not renewed your CSA for next year, Henry wants you to sign up again for it this Saturday. You can hand him your check then. He will not contact people to see if they still want to be members of his CSA next season.

https://henrys-farm.square.site/?locati ... bbbd01e#13

This is the link to click on to do a bulk order. You have to bulk order by tomorrow morning
  • Post #400 - November 19th, 2021, 12:08 am
    Post #400 - November 19th, 2021, 12:08 am Post #400 - November 19th, 2021, 12:08 am
    I just looked on Henry's website, and he is out of turmeric and ginger and a lot of his potatoes. He is also out of some of his carrots and his green cabbage. You have until 10:00am on 11/19 to place an order. Some of the stuff on his bulk ordering page, will not be available for purchase on Saturday, such as his carrots, and so if you want carrots, you should bulk order them before 10:00am.

Nichols should have lots of greens, leeks, apples and potatoes on Saturday, and they might have brussel sprouts, lettuce and spinach. Morlocks are always there too, and they usually have apples, cider and brussel sprouts. River Valley mushroom is always there too outside.

Since Immanuel started holding their market twice a month in the winter, they have donated $30,000 to groups fighting hunger such as Hillside food pantry. They are going to Immanuel
  • Post #401 - November 20th, 2021, 3:46 pm
    Post #401 - November 20th, 2021, 3:46 pm Post #401 - November 20th, 2021, 3:46 pm
    At the market at Immanuel, I was able to get 12 heads of Nichol's fabulous Italian garlic for $10, and a bag of spinach for $5. The garlic has not been that cheap in ages. I am sure they will have more garlic at the 12/4 market.

I also picked up my bulk order from Henry and also got some swiss chard, kale, lettuce and the last of his romanesco. I got a stalk of brussel sprouts from Morlocks for $5. I then realized that Henry had half stalks for 2/$5. I was really tempted to get a kohlrabi from Henry for $3, but I decided I had more than enough to eat. Both Henry and Nichols still had lots left when I left there at noon. I was going to go inside to see what there was, but I was told that it was all done for the day. Jewel had stalks of brussel sprouts for $5.99 today, but I am sure they were not local.

Unfortunately I noticed that the parking lot below the Holiday Inn is temporarily closed, and so I had to park farther away. Hope this helps, Nancy
  • Post #402 - November 21st, 2021, 10:53 am
    Post #402 - November 21st, 2021, 10:53 am Post #402 - November 21st, 2021, 10:53 am
    We didnt realize that the winter markets only go from 8-11, they used to go til 1, didnt they?
    Got there 11:15 and only Nichols and Henry were still selling, both packing up. Darn it.
  • Post #403 - November 21st, 2021, 6:59 pm
    Post #403 - November 21st, 2021, 6:59 pm Post #403 - November 21st, 2021, 6:59 pm
    Hi- I just checked the church's website, and apparently the farmer's market is only open 8:00-11:00. I don't know why they close so early. I got there around 11:15 to pick up my bulk order from Henry. He said he was going to be there from 8:00-12:00. When I got there Morlocks were about 50% finished packing. I was able to buy a stalk of brussel sprouts from them for $5. Henry had two half stalks for $5, and I wish I would have gotten them from him. Henry, Nichols and River Valley were still open when I got there, and were doing lots of business, and especially Henry. I first went to pick up my bulk order, and then I went to Nichols to see what they had, and I got a bag of spinach and 12 heads of garlic for $10. There greens were more expensive than Henry's, and so I passed on them. They were 3/$10, although they had more to choose from than Henry did. By then they were trying to close up, and I had to ask who wanted to take my money. I then went to Henry and got some lettuce, kale, swiss chard, and romanesco from him. He still had lots left, and I was tempted to get a kohlrabi for $3, but I had too much stuff to eat as it was, and decided to pass on it. Most of the people selling in the church I was probably not interested in anyway. They supposedly have Fred's bread this year, but his bread is $9 a loaf, which is more than I am willing to spend. Sitka salmon is supposed to be there this year too.

I have a couple that I sing with that belong to that church, and frequently volunteer for the market. The next time I see them, I will ask them why they shortened the hours for the farmers market. I assume the market at the ecology center is going to take place from 9:00-1:00, but it is not going to start until January.

Since I have a ton of veggies to use up, I doubt I will go to the market on 12/4 or 12/18. The only thing I would be interested in would be eggs, and I would have to get there early to get them.
  • Post #404 - December 2nd, 2021, 11:48 pm
    Post #404 - December 2nd, 2021, 11:48 pm Post #404 - December 2nd, 2021, 11:48 pm
    Hi- There is going to be an indoor market at Immanuel Lutheran church 616 Lake in Evanston this Saturday 12/4 from 8:00am-11:ooam. I assume Nichols are going to be there. At the last market they had garlic 12 heads for $10 which is a steal for their garlic, and they had spinach too. I am not sure if they are going to have spinach this Saturday. I still have tons of stuff to eat that I purchased from Henry at the last market. I have been eating a lot of the #2 sweet potatoes I got from Henry. I mostly have just a few huge sweet potatoes left that I will have to use in soup.

I attended a zoom session tonight that the Family Action Network did. They talked a lot about why it is important to eat local and visit your farmers market, but it seems like the only market they plugged was Green City market. That was probably because Sarah Stegner was part of the program, and she is on the board for Green City. She said she mostly deals directly with individual farmers when purchasing produce for her restaurant. She said that she deals directly with a farm in Wisconsin that grows all of the pumpkins she uses in her pies at her restaurant.
  • Post #405 - December 12th, 2021, 9:42 am
    Post #405 - December 12th, 2021, 9:42 am Post #405 - December 12th, 2021, 9:42 am
    Really appreciate all the great and current info you post here NF! If there are any other indoor markets, I would love to hear of them. Be well.
  • Post #406 - December 15th, 2021, 5:06 am
    Post #406 - December 15th, 2021, 5:06 am Post #406 - December 15th, 2021, 5:06 am
    There will be another farmer's market at Immanuel Lutheran church this Saturday 12/18 from 8:00am until 11:00am. Henry is coming, and he is doing bulk orders. You must submit your order by noon on Thursday.
    Here is the link to the order form.
    https://henrys-farm.square.site/

He might set up a table to sell stuff Saturday too. It depends on how the weather is. Henry says that if you really want something, you should order it. He is already out of a few things.
  • Post #407 - December 16th, 2021, 12:30 am
    Post #407 - December 16th, 2021, 12:30 am Post #407 - December 16th, 2021, 12:30 am
    Hi- Henry sent out another email today, and he is going to be located inside the church, and he is going to have a small table to sell whatever he has left over, which is not a whole lot. He is all out of carrots, and he is mostly out of potatoes, and the only cabbage he has left is red. He still has lots of beets and two different kinds of turnips. The Asian turnips he has are wonderful. I have bought them before. He also has lots of black garlic, garlic heads, leeks, burdock, rutabaga, corn meal and radishes. Noon today 12/16 is the deadline to submit an order. I will order some black garlic, leeks and scallions. BTW- I just had one of his ginsing sweet potatoes this evening, and it was wonderful. I got it in the seconds I ordered. I would get some more ginsing sweet potatoes, but I still have 20 sweet potatoes I got dirt cheap at Jewel to use up, plus three huge sweet potatoes of Henry's.

I asked my friends last night why the market only runs from 8:00-11:00. Steve told me, but we all had masks on, and I could not understand him. It sounded like there was a definite reason why they limited the hours. Nichols and River Valley should be there Saturday too. Hope this helps, Nancy
  • Post #408 - December 16th, 2021, 12:38 am
    Post #408 - December 16th, 2021, 12:38 am Post #408 - December 16th, 2021, 12:38 am
    I just found out that black garlic can keep for three months, and so I am definitely getting a pint from Henry.
  • Post #409 - December 16th, 2021, 11:41 pm
    Post #409 - December 16th, 2021, 11:41 pm Post #409 - December 16th, 2021, 11:41 pm
    Henry just extended the deadline for ordering for Saturday to 12/17 at 8:00am. He is also going to have a small table inside the church to sell what is ever left over. He has some sweet potatoes, lots of radishes, turnips, leeks, scallions, beets,red cabbage, and corn meal left. He is all out of the black garlic.
  • Post #410 - December 18th, 2021, 3:28 pm
    Post #410 - December 18th, 2021, 3:28 pm Post #410 - December 18th, 2021, 3:28 pm
    I got to the market at Immanuel around 10:30. There were still lots of people there. Nichols had lots of apples, potatoes, and greens. I do not know if they had any garlic left. Underground garlic was also there. Henry still had some stuff to sell. I have a feeling that they did not get to shut down the market at 11:00. River Valley and a few other place were downstairs.

For those people who are into Hummel. They had a table set up with lots of Hummel. Somebody that I sing with was manning that table, and I asked Anne what was going on, and she told me that a member of their church who was a Hummel collector died recently, and the family donated the whole collection to the church. The church was selling the collection, They had lots of beer steins, about five plates and a bunch of Hummel figurines they were selling. People could pay whatever they thought it was worth. Anne said that she had already sold a lot of the collection.

The next market will take place on 1/8. Hope this helps, Nancy
  • Post #411 - December 18th, 2021, 6:38 pm
    Post #411 - December 18th, 2021, 6:38 pm Post #411 - December 18th, 2021, 6:38 pm
    I was there the same time as you. I don't know if the condensed hours is the cause, but it was as busy as I've ever seen a winter market. The jumbo scallions from Henry looked good, we'll see what I can do in terms of stir-fry.
  • Post #412 - December 18th, 2021, 11:07 pm
    Post #412 - December 18th, 2021, 11:07 pm Post #412 - December 18th, 2021, 11:07 pm
    I know it was crazy busy, although Henry and Nichols still had lots of stuff left. I ordered four bunches of the scallions. He had a lot of those left and also Japanese turnips and sweet potatoes. I bet you next month the crowds will thin out because the weather will not be as nice. I forgot to mention that there was somebody there sharpening knifes, and his prices ranged from $6 to $10, which is a little higher than I am willing to spend.
  • Post #413 - May 10th, 2022, 4:38 pm
    Post #413 - May 10th, 2022, 4:38 pm Post #413 - May 10th, 2022, 4:38 pm
    It may finally be Henry Brockman’s year.

As commercial farmers battle record-high fertilizer prices, seed shortages and huge spikes in gas and construction costs, Brockman — who has operated an organic farm in Congerville, Ill., since 1993 — has been diversifying and rotating some 650 crops, and using his own methods sans store-bought fertilizer. He plans to load up his truck with spinach and herbs as he does every spring and deliver his produce weekly to the Evanston Farmers’ Market.

https://www.wbez.org/stories/illinois-o ... m=url_copy
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #414 - May 28th, 2022, 11:13 am
    Post #414 - May 28th, 2022, 11:13 am Post #414 - May 28th, 2022, 11:13 am
    Hi- I am sorry I have not posted yet this summer about the Evanston farmer's market. I just came home from there. Henry still had lots of organic spinach $4 a bag, or 2/$7, and Lake Breeze had lots of organic asparagus $4 a bunch. Teresa had lots of plants left to sell, but today is the last day she is going to have plants to sell. Morlocks supposedly had strawberries, but I am sure they went quick. I did not look but talking farm I am sure had organic lettuce too. Henry was out of lettuce by the time I got there. He had his first csa pickup today.

There were tons of people still there at 11:15 when I got there, but the great majority of them were people that were just there to socialize, and get something already prepared, as in people that don't cook. There was a long line for the Mexican restaurant, and for the person selling the raclette cheese. Is anybody here a fan of the cheese? There was still tons of asparagus left when I left at 11:45. Strawberries should be available in quantity in two weeks, about the same time the asparagus wraps up.

Last week there was a proposal taking place over at River Valley mushrooms. She said yes. Hope this helps, Nancy
  • Post #415 - May 30th, 2022, 6:44 am
    Post #415 - May 30th, 2022, 6:44 am Post #415 - May 30th, 2022, 6:44 am
    That raclette cheese is the worst smelling stuff, right? Never tried it cant get beyond that dirty sock smell.

I agree there have been huge lines for the food or coffee. I hope those people move on to patronize the farmers. Perhaps when more variety is available as the growing season progresses there will be more folks actually buying veggies and fruit instead of prepared foods.
  • Post #416 - May 30th, 2022, 7:33 am
    Post #416 - May 30th, 2022, 7:33 am Post #416 - May 30th, 2022, 7:33 am
    Guess I am a stinky cheese fan. The raclette is good cheese melted on Bennison's bread. Good stuff. Kind of heavy and expensive so it's just an occasional treat. About once a year. Actually doesn't smell stinky to me.

Stir-fried some really nice pea sprouts and Chinese chives from Henry's last night. Nichols had some surpisingly good tomatoes.
    "I live on good soup, not on fine words." -Moliere
  • Post #417 - May 30th, 2022, 8:39 am
    Post #417 - May 30th, 2022, 8:39 am Post #417 - May 30th, 2022, 8:39 am
    Henry was frustrated because the younger people that came to the market, were only coming to socialize and purchase already prepared food, and so he came up with a Jr citizen discount. You get 20% off at his stand if you have a child under the age of 2 or you are 29 or younger. I don't know how much that increased sales at his stand. I have a garden in one of the community gardens in Evanston, and when I have excess veggies to give away, I have no problem giving away salad stuff, such as lettuce and tomatoes. I have major problems finding a home for zucchini or anything remotely exotic such as kohlrabi or bok choy. People do not know what to do with it.

I noticed the long lines this year for the coffee. Is their coffee that good? There were never long lines for coffee before. The crepes people are going to be there starting this Saturday. They always have a long line at their stall. I think I will pass on the raclette. I have genetic cholesterol problems, and I do not need the cheese. It is probably expensive too. Fred's is supposed to have wonderful bread, but it is $10 a loaf. He sells out every week though.
  • Post #418 - June 3rd, 2022, 1:12 pm
    Post #418 - June 3rd, 2022, 1:12 pm Post #418 - June 3rd, 2022, 1:12 pm
    Henry is going to be bringing lots of lettuce and spinach tomorrow, and the first of the sugar snap peas as well as some beets and maybe some kohlrabi. There should still be lots of asparagus tomorrow. I have not gotten any ramps yet. I assume they are done for the year. There should be a few strawberries if you get there early tomorrow. Next week there should be lots of strawberries. I talked to my sister that took over our family farm, and she is going to have upick cherries starting on 6/25. She said they did not pollinate well this year, and she only has half of a crop, but it is still the largest cherry crop she has had in four years. She has a full crop of peaches and apples. She predicts that she will do really well with upick this year ironically because gas is so expensive. Instead of going on long road trips when gas is expensive, people prefer to go on shorter road trips, where it only takes them several hours to get there. She predicts that her upick cherries will only last maybe four days, although she might have some upick sours for a few days longer.

It is supposed to be nice again tomorrow, and so I expect to see lots of people lining up for the Mexican food and the coffee and cheese. Gotta B Crepes is going to be there tomorrow too, and they always draw a large crowd. It would be nice if some of the people that get the prepared food, also pick up lot of veggies from some of the farmers such as Henry, but I don't expect that to happen. Hope this helps, Nancy
  • Post #419 - June 3rd, 2022, 3:12 pm
    Post #419 - June 3rd, 2022, 3:12 pm Post #419 - June 3rd, 2022, 3:12 pm
    I forgot to mention that if you park in the parking garage next to the market, make sure that you get your ticket validated. The city has started charging for the first hour in the parking garage. If you get your ticket validated at the market table, then parking is still free. Apparently, there was a problem last week because some people assumed because they were going to be at the market for less than an hour, that they did not need to get their ticket validated. When they drove out of the parking garage, they got charged for parking.
  • Post #420 - June 4th, 2022, 12:20 pm
    Post #420 - June 4th, 2022, 12:20 pm Post #420 - June 4th, 2022, 12:20 pm
    I had a dress rehearsal for a concert this morning. and so, I did not make it to the farmer's market until 11:45. I could not believe how long the line was for Gotta B Crepe. Henry still had lots of spinach left, but the only lettuce he had left was some butter lettuce. Nichols also had lots of spinach left, but their spinach was more expensive than Henry's. Nichols had strawberries, but they were $7 a pint, or four pints for $20. I only got one pint of strawberries. I got strawberries yesterday at Jewel. There should be cheaper berries next week. Lake Breeze still had some organic asparagus. I wish some of the people waiting in line for the food, would also buy some stuff from some of the farmers.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more