LTH Home

Hot Sauce

Hot Sauce
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - February 2nd, 2021, 9:06 am
    Post #31 - February 2nd, 2021, 9:06 am Post #31 - February 2nd, 2021, 9:06 am
    Aw. I just stocked up last summer when we drove out east with 8 bottles of the stuff. Not to sell them on eBay or anything, but just to have a small stockpile for myself and to give out as gifts (as I have a couple of them.)

It is pretty good, I have to say, and it tastes like a celery seed-forward Louisiana style sauce. Basically, it tastes how I expected it to taste.
  • Post #32 - February 5th, 2021, 7:30 am
    Post #32 - February 5th, 2021, 7:30 am Post #32 - February 5th, 2021, 7:30 am
    Serious Eats has an interesting article on fermenting your own hot sauce:
    https://www.seriouseats.com/2021/02/fer ... ow-to.html

I may plant some peppers this summer and try it.
  • Post #33 - February 5th, 2021, 9:02 am
    Post #33 - February 5th, 2021, 9:02 am Post #33 - February 5th, 2021, 9:02 am
    Last winter I made the very simple fermented hot sauce from the Dec 2019 Cook's Country (an ATK magazine) using red serranos and red bell peppers. Beautiful color, really easy, straightforward hot peppery flavor with a little acidity and fermented notes. Kept super well in the fridge. Will make another batch as soon as I can find some good red peppers.
  • Post #34 - February 5th, 2021, 9:54 am
    Post #34 - February 5th, 2021, 9:54 am Post #34 - February 5th, 2021, 9:54 am
    The sambal-style fermented hot sauce I posted about here and here was pretty darned simple and turned out really well.

=R=
    By protecting others, you save yourself. If you only think of yourself, you'll only destroy yourself. --Kambei Shimada

Every human interaction is an opportunity for disappointment --RS

That don't impress me much --Shania Twain
  • Post #35 - February 6th, 2021, 8:09 am
    Post #35 - February 6th, 2021, 8:09 am Post #35 - February 6th, 2021, 8:09 am
    Artie wrote:Old Bay Hot Sauce Is Returning to Stores, and for Good This Time
    Old Bay announced Monday that Old Bay Hot Sauce is once again hitting stores and online retailers over the next few months, but without a looming exit date. The East Coast fave is officially rolling out nationwide, which means you can expect to find the savory hot condiment at major grocery stores across the country—Acme, Giant, Harris Teeter, Jewel-Osco, Safeway, Wegmans, ShopRite, and others—between now and April. The company promises to keep this website updated as more supermarket chains receive hot sauce shipments.

Jewel on Division at Sedgwick had it on the shelf this morning for $3.99/bottle.
    Cookingblahg.blogspot.com

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more