LTH Home

Park Packing - Even the Squeal [Pictures]

Park Packing - Even the Squeal [Pictures]
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - December 1st, 2022, 10:39 am
    Post #31 - December 1st, 2022, 10:39 am Post #31 - December 1st, 2022, 10:39 am
    Binko wrote:And is that a 5-lb box of sausage for a dollar?! I'm morbidly curious, if that is indeed correct.

Yes, you are correct. The explanation at the store these are boxes people opened and they reclosed. I don't know.

I have bought the Italian sausage, which I found serviceable and others I shared it with thought it was better than I thought. I should buy the hotlinks sometime.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #32 - December 3rd, 2022, 2:59 am
    Post #32 - December 3rd, 2022, 2:59 am Post #32 - December 3rd, 2022, 2:59 am
    It's an interesting ad. Who knew chickens had paws? And are there 3 types of sausage available, or are they "Hot Link Italian Jerk Sausage" which might have too many things going on at once.
  • Post #33 - December 3rd, 2022, 9:19 am
    Post #33 - December 3rd, 2022, 9:19 am Post #33 - December 3rd, 2022, 9:19 am
    tjr wrote:It's an interesting ad. Who knew chickens had paws?

I have seen this term used elsewhere, it seemingly relatively new-to-me, too.

tjr wrote:And are there 3 types of sausage available, or are they "Hot Link Italian Jerk Sausage" which might have too many things going on at once.

You can choose from hot link, Italian or Jerk.

If you ever go there, it is quite a bit of new sights to see. Plastic buckets with lamb heads, bull penis, testicles and all sorts of stuff you just never encounter at most places. Park Packing makes Peoria Packing look fancy pants.

Regards,
    CAthy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #34 - December 6th, 2022, 10:37 am
    Post #34 - December 6th, 2022, 10:37 am Post #34 - December 6th, 2022, 10:37 am
    I went there today to pick up 15 pounds of meat for $8. Now that's savings! :)

I got 5 lb of Italian sausage; 5 lb of hot links. I haven't eaten it yet, but the sausages look perfectly normal to me. I portioned out the sausages into Ziplock bags for future use. It occurred to me that I could buy 100 pounds of sausage for my dog and it would still cost less than a 12-can package of Purina high-protein wet dog food. Though I suspect putting my pooch on an all-sausage diet would not be wise. But I bet he'd be happy.

But, for me, the best was the $1.19/lb chicken wings. I thought for sure they were going to be scraggly scrawny things, but imagine my delight when I saw "jumbo wings, $1.19/lb" on the sign as I walked in. Sure enough, they were some meaty birds that must have been lifting weights. I got about 4 pounds worth to grill up Sunday for the Bills game (my wife is from Buffalo and, given the sad state of affairs that is Bears football, I've adopted it as my team.)

If anyone is in the market for the entire head of an animal, Park Packing is your place! Cow, pig, goat, and I think sheep -- they've got it! Fresh goat legs, smoked goat legs, goat hooves.
  • Post #35 - December 16th, 2022, 3:58 pm
    Post #35 - December 16th, 2022, 3:58 pm Post #35 - December 16th, 2022, 3:58 pm
    So today I got a chance to smoke up the hot links and they are perfectly fine. Probably spicier than any other hot link I've ever had -- they got a good kick to 'em. I would never have guessed they were 20 cents a pound. They're no Uncle John's link, but I would not be unhappy being served these at a barbecue.
  • Post #36 - December 17th, 2022, 1:15 pm
    Post #36 - December 17th, 2022, 1:15 pm Post #36 - December 17th, 2022, 1:15 pm
    Binko wrote:[edit]
    But, for me, the best was the $1.19/lb chicken wings. I thought for sure they were going to be scraggly scrawny things, but imagine my delight when I saw "jumbo wings, $1.19/lb" on the sign as I walked in. Sure enough, they were some meaty birds that must have been lifting weights. I got about 4 pounds worth to grill up Sunday for the Bills game (my wife is from Buffalo and, given the sad state of affairs that is Bears football, I've adopted it as my team.)
    You do not have to apologize. One of my favorite bars, Delilah's, has been a Bills bar for decades. It does not get as much publicity as other things Mike Miller does there. :)
    Valuable links for survival, without the monetization attempt: https://pqrs-ltd.xyz/bookmark4.html

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more