LTH Home

BBQ Wood, Northwest side

BBQ Wood, Northwest side
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • BBQ Wood, Northwest side

Post #1 - October 5th, 2011, 2:11 pm
    Post #1 - October 5th, 2011, 2:11 pm Post #1 - October 5th, 2011, 2:11 pm
    Hi,

I am aware of the place on Halsted and Division, but the other day driving I could have sworn I saw a sign on the NW side somewhere that said BBQ wood, chips, chunks for sale. It might have been a garden center?? I've searched here and internet with no great success.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    MKL
  • Post #2 - October 5th, 2011, 3:23 pm
    Post #2 - October 5th, 2011, 3:23 pm Post #2 - October 5th, 2011, 3:23 pm
    It might have been Meinke's. I know thay have a ton of firewood. Not sure about the chips or chunks for BBQ. It's certainly worth a call, though.

Meinke's Garden Center
    5803 W Touhy Ave
    Niles, IL 60714
    847-647-9455
    Steve Z.

“Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Post #3 - May 27th, 2019, 6:44 pm
    Post #3 - May 27th, 2019, 6:44 pm Post #3 - May 27th, 2019, 6:44 pm
    This is a data point, I have no experience whatsoever or have yet to stop by and check:

On North Avenue at Swift Drive (just west of 355 and across the street from a Speedway gas station), there is a house with a sign offering firewood as well as cherry and apple wood. I might be hickory, too, but certainly cherry and apple.

It is in my plan to stop by someday (it has been five years at least since I saw this sign first), but who knows when.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #4 - February 12th, 2022, 12:28 am
    Post #4 - February 12th, 2022, 12:28 am Post #4 - February 12th, 2022, 12:28 am
    Not Northwest side but I received an email from A1 Country Firewood announcing that they're offering free kindling with the purchase of their kiln-dried firewood. I've dealt with these guys before -- several home deliveries -- and they are awesome. I'd place an order myself but we've had a rough stretch recently with an oak and a hickory at our house and the silver lining is that I now have plenty of firewood (oh, and the sizable limbs managed to miss the house on their way down). :)

Per their email:
    We provide fast delivery!­

For over 20 years, we have been providing both Chicago and the surrounding suburbs with our firewood. Over these years, we've developed a delivery system that is fast, efficient, and personable. We also offer pick up as an option. If you are picking up, our current address is 1635 South Canal Street, Chicago, IL 60616, but we will be moving to 1129 West 37th Street, Chicago, IL 60609 at the end of this March.­

Please give us a call at (312) 421-9663, or email us at countryfirewood@gmail.com to place your order today! You can also visit our website at a1countryfirewood.com to learn more about us and the quality of our firewood. We look forward to speaking to you soon!

The browser version of their full email is linked below.

Free Kindling

=R=
    Same planet, different world

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events