LTH Home

Jewel-ry

Jewel-ry
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 45 of 45 
  • Post #1321 - June 7th, 2021, 5:29 pm
    Post #1321 - June 7th, 2021, 5:29 pm Post #1321 - June 7th, 2021, 5:29 pm
    Word of the Day June 11th is going to be Cheerios Oat Crunch Almond 18ozbox. Not sure if it's only Almond flavor but often Jewel will allow you to substitute other flavors.

Saturday Obscure Beverage Sampler June 12th will be Bubbl'r 12 oz singles. Clip 6/12-13
    Redeem by 6/14
  • Post #1322 - June 8th, 2021, 11:32 pm
    Post #1322 - June 8th, 2021, 11:32 pm Post #1322 - June 8th, 2021, 11:32 pm
    HI,

I read my receipts before I leave the store usually. It is a habit drawn from watching my Mom fume at a wrong price and driving back to the store to retrieve the difference.

Today, I was charged for both cans of sardines, which I clipped a BOGO coupon. I was charged full price for grapes when I had a just4u coupon at 77 cents per pound. Oddly, the $3 reduction for a purchase of over $4 for vegetables was honored.

Of course, my phone was not cooperating at least initially. I was advised if I had AT&T service, I would get a better reception. If that guy had seen my thought bubble, it would have wiped the smile off his face. He didn't, though I ended up restarting my phone to access my account to show the selected coupons.

My bill was adjusted to return just over $7 and I got a raincheck on an absent product on sale.

All savings were wiped out by the burrito bought on the way home. It was one of those heavy football type burritos, which I shared with my Mom.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways, Road Food 2012: Podcast
  • Post #1323 - June 9th, 2021, 1:04 pm
    Post #1323 - June 9th, 2021, 1:04 pm Post #1323 - June 9th, 2021, 1:04 pm
    I got charged for the sardines too. They were $2.99 each. I was there Sunday to get some more free Monopoly items. I got $18 worth of free items. They were still out of the clippers though, and I passed on the other 10 bottles of water I could have gotten. When I got home I looked up the sardines, and the ones that were B1G1F were in a box, and I am not sure if I saw any sardines in a box. They were on sale for $1.99 before the B1G1F. I did not go to customer service because I was not sure if I got the right ones, even though I ones I bought were also 3.75 ounces. The Jewel I went to on Chicago Ave. does not have the best customer service department, and you usually have to wait for somebody to come and help you. Usually the person in charge of self check out is also in charge of customer service.

For this upcoming week I did not get 2 times the points on anything purchased in the produce section. I always get that. On Sunday, I had that, but I forgot to click it, and so I lost out on 9 points. The cherries were subpar again. I will have to wait and see if they go on sale cheap enough at Whole Foods to tempt me. The ones at Whole Foods are much better.
  • Post #1324 - June 9th, 2021, 3:06 pm
    Post #1324 - June 9th, 2021, 3:06 pm Post #1324 - June 9th, 2021, 3:06 pm
    Hi,

I was at the Jewel on Greenbay Rd and Grand Ave in Waukegan.

All workers and almost all patrons were masked. If you were unmasked, nobody said anything, either.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways, Road Food 2012: Podcast
  • Post #1325 - June 10th, 2021, 10:13 am
    Post #1325 - June 10th, 2021, 10:13 am Post #1325 - June 10th, 2021, 10:13 am
    Based on seeing a few employees without masks at the Wilmette Jewel on Green Bay Rd, it's impossible to infer anything other than it not being required for vaccinated employees (I'm 99% sure the small sign for customers said they're recommended for those unvaccinated). I think that's the correct approach and I was happy to see it. Hopefully restaurants do the same. If people want to wear them go ahead, but the concept of a mandate is past the point of rationality. For outside events like farmers markets it's extra demeaning.
  • Post #1326 - June 10th, 2021, 12:08 pm
    Post #1326 - June 10th, 2021, 12:08 pm Post #1326 - June 10th, 2021, 12:08 pm
    NEW @ Jewel-Osco:
    @cheerios
    Oat Crunch Almond! This cereal is a tasty and filling breakfast, that contains real almond slices, which adds extra crunch, amplified taste, & health benefits! Try a box for FREE on Friday, June 11th by saying the word 'Almond' at the register.

• Post #1327 - June 10th, 2021, 1:21 pm
    Post #1327 - June 10th, 2021, 1:21 pm Post #1327 - June 10th, 2021, 1:21 pm
    I was told a few weeks ago by a Jewel cashier, that employees will still be required to wear masks. I noticed when I went to the Evanston farmer's market last Saturday that there were some people in their 20's that were outside the square, but were still supposed to be wearing masks, and they had taken there masks off.

The city of Evanston is doing a program at Robert Crown this Saturday talking about their upcoming budget, this Saturday, and people will be required to wear masks, and they are also doing a program on 6/17 at the Levy Center about changes that are going to take place at the traffic lights on Ridge to reduce accidents, and they are going to require social distancing and masks for that. I might go to that one because I live on Ridge, and it would affect me., I am still going to wear my mask when I go to the farmers market and Jewel.
  • Post #1328 - June 10th, 2021, 2:52 pm
    Post #1328 - June 10th, 2021, 2:52 pm Post #1328 - June 10th, 2021, 2:52 pm
    I went to one of the two Jewels in Mundelein today. The sign on the door said masks were recommended for unvaccinated customers. The adult employees were not wearing masks; the girl at the register in my checkout line was. My guess was that this was because she was young enough to not yet be vaccinated (a manager came over to scan the alcohol). Most but not all of the customers I saw in the store were wearing masks. I presumed that this was out of habit and maybe fear of reproach from others, although I opted not to wear my mask (first time in a store since a year ago March!), and I didn't get the sense that anyone minded. If I saw news that people around here were already vaccinated were getting infected with one of the new strains of the virus, I would be more likely to continue wearing a mask in stores.

Going to one of the Cubs-Cards games this weekend, the first series with Wrigley at full attendance, so it will be interesting to see what the masking habits and other protocols are compared to when I last went to Wrigley in April.
    "Your swimming suit matches your eyes, you hold your nose before diving, loving you has made me bananas!"
  • Post #1329 - June 10th, 2021, 11:12 pm
    Post #1329 - June 10th, 2021, 11:12 pm Post #1329 - June 10th, 2021, 11:12 pm
    NFriday wrote:I am still going to wear my mask when I go to the farmers market and Jewel.

I’m absolutely with ya

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more