LTH Home

Nonstick pans by Misen [and other pans]

Nonstick pans by Misen [and other pans]
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - May 12th, 2021, 9:11 am
    Post #31 - May 12th, 2021, 9:11 am Post #31 - May 12th, 2021, 9:11 am
    Tim wrote:My old (cheap) Mauviel rondeau is 9.5" X 4.5" which is better proportioned for braising. I use it for thicker tough cuts like shanks and shoulder roasts. The Misen seems too shallow for a pork shank.

This discussion began as a discussion of non-stick pans by Misen and others. My Misen non-stick is remarkable for cooking. Serious Eats did criticize the Misen for warping under high heat. This is due to the lack of a stainless-steel exterior.

Our problem with the Misen is cleaning the aluminium exterior. I have never found a good way to clean the aluminum. Suggestions?

We have now switching to Made In non-stick pans with a stainless-steel exterior.

Yeah, I don't braise in the Misen rondeau. I've don't typically have occasion to braise pieces small enough for that vessel. One could but again, that would be unusual. When I braise, I use my Le Creuset dutch ovens. I find their domed lids and sloped sides are more functional for braising than a rondeau.

=R=
    By protecting others, you save yourself. If you only think of yourself, you'll only destroy yourself. --Kambei Shimada

Every human interaction is an opportunity for disappointment --RS

That don't impress me much --Shania Twain

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more