LTH Home

Corona cuisine / Social distancing cooking

Corona cuisine / Social distancing cooking
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 66 of 69
  • Post #1951 - March 14th, 2021, 7:29 pm
    Post #1951 - March 14th, 2021, 7:29 pm Post #1951 - March 14th, 2021, 7:29 pm
    ronnie_suburban wrote:Plated Up

That elicited both an ooohhhhh and an aaahhhhhh . . .
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #1952 - March 14th, 2021, 8:49 pm
    Post #1952 - March 14th, 2021, 8:49 pm Post #1952 - March 14th, 2021, 8:49 pm
    Tonight was something I've been playing around with: Avjar-based marinades. This is big boneless chicken breast, marinated in 2 Tbsp hot avjar, 1 Tbsp passata, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, 2 tsp salt. Roasted in 400F oven until done. Image
    It was pretty good, a little spicy on the outside and moist inside. I've also tried this with pork tenderloin on the grill.
  • Post #1953 - March 14th, 2021, 10:20 pm
    Post #1953 - March 14th, 2021, 10:20 pm Post #1953 - March 14th, 2021, 10:20 pm
    tjr wrote:Tonight was something I've been playing around with: Avjar-based marinades . . .

I like this approach. I often make marinades and other cooking bases from scratch but I've also found that many pantry items are well suited for the same purpose, even those that are aren't necessary marketed that way. Some (many?) are even better as marinades and sub-components than as they're primarily marketed.

=R=
    By protecting others, you save yourself. If you only think of yourself, you'll only destroy yourself. --Kambei Shimada

Every human interaction is an opportunity for disappointment --RS

That don't impress me much --Shania Twain
  • Post #1954 - March 15th, 2021, 6:38 pm
    Post #1954 - March 15th, 2021, 6:38 pm Post #1954 - March 15th, 2021, 6:38 pm
    Quick, after-work dinner prep using the second of two cryovacked 2-packs of pork tenderloin from Costco. It's been eleven days since I cooked the first 2-pack. That's some nice, non-frozen shelf life. And while tenderloins are far from my favorite cut of pork, their long shelf life and relatively quick cooking time make them an especially good choice in certain situations. And, as long as you cook them right, they won't dry out on you . . .

Pork Tenderloins -- Seasoned, Seared and Roasted
    I used the end of the Manale spice mix that I initially made for last week's BBQ shrimp, and then used again on last night's roast. We all really love this mix and I plan on keeping it in the regular rotation.

Anyhoo, these tenderloins were trimmed, trussed, seasoned with the Manale spice and then seared hard in some olive oil. After the sear, I removed them briefly, deglazed the pan -- a nice, carbon steel unit from Made In -- with onions and some 4x chicken stock, then replaced the tenderloins and baked them at 400F for about 12 minutes. At that point, the larger one read 138F on the Thermapen. I then removed them again and, while they rested on the board, reduced the onions/pan sauce on the stove top for a few minutes.

Plated Up
    Oven roasted pork tenderloin with onion pan gravy and Mrs. Suburban's 'Best Thing On The Plate' tomato-garlic green beans.

Happy Monday! :D

=R=
    By protecting others, you save yourself. If you only think of yourself, you'll only destroy yourself. --Kambei Shimada

• Post #1955 - March 16th, 2021, 7:04 am
    Post #1955 - March 16th, 2021, 7:04 am Post #1955 - March 16th, 2021, 7:04 am
    Yeah, I picked up a package recently too, but put 3 of the 4 in the freezer (even 1 at just over a pound is too much for the two of us for dinner).

Butterflied, marinated, and grilled with onion and pineapple, it made a tasty taco al pastor.
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang
  • Post #1956 - March 16th, 2021, 6:20 pm
    Post #1956 - March 16th, 2021, 6:20 pm Post #1956 - March 16th, 2021, 6:20 pm
    Another quickie tonight but really satisfying -- green curry with tofu, zucchini and wild Alaskan Pacific cod . . .

Mise En Place and Takeda Stainless Clad Sasanoha, 210mm Medium
    The usual suspects, plus the cod, which was a great use of freezer stock . . . kaffir lime leaves & Thai bird chiles, zucchini, basil leaves, bamboo shoots, Maesri green curry paste, gapi, extra firm tofu, fish sauce, wild Alaskan cod, 4x chicken stock and coconut milk. Beyond their deliciousness and intensity of flavor, I think the main reason curries have become such a staple around here is because they are so pantry and freezer friendly. Other than the fresh basil leaves, the shallot and zucchini (only the first of which I'd consider even remotely essential), everything here is a pantry, long-store fridge or freezer item. So, it's simple enough to stock, easy to prepare and a crowd-pleaser, too.

Plated Up

=R=

• Post #1957 - March 17th, 2021, 3:05 pm
    Post #1957 - March 17th, 2021, 3:05 pm Post #1957 - March 17th, 2021, 3:05 pm
    I have previously posted the entire process for Cajun chicken and dumplings. However, this one was so pretty, I just had to post the picture of it coming out of the oven.
  • Post #1958 - March 17th, 2021, 3:09 pm
    Post #1958 - March 17th, 2021, 3:09 pm Post #1958 - March 17th, 2021, 3:09 pm
    lougord99 wrote:I have previously posted the entire process for Cajun chicken and dumplings. However, this one was so pretty, I just had to post the picture of it coming out of the oven.

Yeah - gorgeous!

=R=

• Post #1959 - March 17th, 2021, 3:11 pm
    Post #1959 - March 17th, 2021, 3:11 pm Post #1959 - March 17th, 2021, 3:11 pm
    ronnie_suburban wrote:
    boudreaulicious wrote:Inspired by all the curry posts from a while back, decided to make coconut green curry to both marinate and then sauce some Sitka Salmonshares Coho.

Damn, that really looks great!

=R=

Seconded. That looks fantastic. Time to thaw some salmon!
  • Post #1960 - March 17th, 2021, 7:01 pm
    Post #1960 - March 17th, 2021, 7:01 pm Post #1960 - March 17th, 2021, 7:01 pm
    Walked into Zier's this morning hoping for some inspiration and literally lol'd @ myself when I saw the trove of house-cured, ready-to-cook corned beef in the case. Oh, and a nearby shelf of whole, green cabbages. Helloooo?! What day is it?! Duh! Plan set . . . :D

House-Cured Corned Beef Brisket Section
    This chunk, which had some flat and some point, came in at just under four pounds -- perfect for us. Dave Zier does a really nice job. His cure is familiar-tasting enough to scratch the itch, yet unique enough that it feels special.

Cabbage & Matsubara Blue #2 KS Nashiji Gyuto 240mm
    I often lose sight of how much I love the KS profile and what a natural fit it is for me.

Salad Mise En Place & Matsubara Blue #2 KS Nashiji Gyuto 240mm
    2% Greek yogurt, basil leaves, red wine vinegar, cucumber, campari tomatoes, black pepper and salt. Doing my best to get RID of some ingredients, so this "salad" came together and it was pretty good, too. Decided that the Matsubara would go wire to wire.

Corned Beef
    Before cooking it -- 90 minutes, instant pot, high pressure -- I quickly rinsed the corned beef, then added some pickling spice and about a quart of water to the IP. It was perfectly tender but held together well enough to cut without shredding. After the meat had cooked, I removed it, then put the cabbage in the IP, along with a large, quartered yellow onion and cooked them for 4 minutes on high pressure.

Plated Up
    Corned beef, cabbage & onions and tomato-cucumber salad.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! :)

=R=

Zier's Prime Meats & Poultry
    813 Ridge Rd
    Wilmette, IL 60091
    847 251-4000

• Post #1961 - March 18th, 2021, 6:15 pm
    Post #1961 - March 18th, 2021, 6:15 pm Post #1961 - March 18th, 2021, 6:15 pm
    I joke with my family that mapo tofu is the easiest 14-ingredient dish I know how to cook. Okay, maybe it's only 13 ingredients, since the scallions, which are divided into tops and bottoms, really only count as 1 (but then there's also water, so you decide). Either way -- 13 or 14 -- I continue to make it regularly because it actually is easy. It's also quick and intensely flavorful. I also love that after I get the mise set up, many of the ingredients are so fragrant, that the kitchen actually smells like finished mapo tofu even before I cook it.

Mise En Place & Yu Kurosaki VG10 Fujin Gyuto, 210mm
    Granulated sugar, corn starch (later slurried with water), Sichuan peppercorns, crushed garlic, fermented broad bean paste, fermented black beans, scallion bottoms, scallion tops, 4x chicken stock, peanut oil, shoyu, extra firm tofu, ground pork and leeks. The tofu is a brand I don't remember buying before, Jenny's (by Phoenix Bean), which is made right here in Chicago. The flavor was clean and the texture was smooth and tight. I thought it was great and I'll try to seek it out in the future. It was a big improvement over some of the other brands I've been using.

Plated Up
    The boy requested brown rice, so that's what we went with tonight -- standard, long grain, and it was a very good accompaniment. I was worried that its subtle nuttiness would clash with the mapo but it didn't. And its slight chewiness worked really well, too.

=R=

• Post #1962 - March 19th, 2021, 7:06 am
    Post #1962 - March 19th, 2021, 7:06 am Post #1962 - March 19th, 2021, 7:06 am
    Inspired by Samin Nosrat from her book 'Salt Fat Acid Heat'.
    ImageChicken leg/thigh quarters submerged in chicken fat with garlic cloves halved, and fresh thyme branches in the oil. Bring up to temp on the stovetop ( until oil just starts to bubble ) and put in a 200 oven for 2 hours.

ImageRemove from the oven and brown the skin in a fry pan and serve.

ImageWe ate 2 and put 2 in a glass bowl and covered with chicken fat. This will last in the fridge for a long time. Simply remove and brown the skin for a wonderful no work dinner.

I bought the leg/thigh quarters at Harrison Poultry. They were very reasonably priced at $2.29/ Lb. Their chicken fat, on the other hand was outrageous in price. They had kosher rendered fat in a very small container for $9.99. I thought I would be cooking them in olive oil, which is another way to do this. But it turned out that Sunset had the identical chicken fat for $5.49.
  • Post #1963 - March 19th, 2021, 7:14 am
    Post #1963 - March 19th, 2021, 7:14 am Post #1963 - March 19th, 2021, 7:14 am
    What is in your fridge waiting to be finished.

ImageBottom shelf is pork belly cut up into 3 sections and put into zip locks with cure for making bacon. Will sit there curing until I smoke next Saturday and slice into bacon. Large bowl is bread dough that I will bake tomorrow. Glass bowl has chicken leg/thigh quarters covered in chicken fat ready to be browned and served. Plastic bag has ribs that i will be smoking tomorrow.
  • Post #1964 - March 20th, 2021, 6:55 pm
    Post #1964 - March 20th, 2021, 6:55 pm Post #1964 - March 20th, 2021, 6:55 pm
    lougord99 wrote:Inspired by Samin Nosrat from her book 'Salt Fat Acid Heat'.

Looks good. So, it's basically a take on confit? I don't think I've ever seen that with chicken before. How was it? Had you made it before?

lougord99 wrote:What is in your fridge waiting to be finished.

Nice. Our fridge is absolute and total chaos compared to yours. :oops:

Spring is upon us, so tri tip on the Weber (not that I really need a reason) . . . :)

Tri Tip
    Trussed, oiled, seasoned and ready for the grill.

Charcoal-Grilled Tri Tip & Makoto AS Ryusei Gyuto 210mm
    Probably could/should have let it rest a few more minutes before slicing. 10 doesn't seem to have been quite enough.

Plated Up
    Tri Tip with a trio of leftovers: roasted broccoli, tomato-garlic green beans and sauteed mushrooms.

=R=

• Post #1965 - March 21st, 2021, 6:27 pm
    Post #1965 - March 21st, 2021, 6:27 pm Post #1965 - March 21st, 2021, 6:27 pm
    An enjoyable Sunday of cooking. First up, brunch . . .

Cheddar Cheese Omelet
    With sourdough toast from Publican Quality Bread and some very sage-forward breakfast sausage, speaking of which, the omelet was cooked in some of the sausage renderings.

Next up, dinner. Along with the main course, I was hoping for roasted or steamed broccoli, as these are among my favorites and also happen to be Mrs. Suburban's domain. However, for whatever reason (not going to worry about it yet), the broccoli had partially frozen in the back of the fridge. I figured that making a soup was the best way to salvage it . . .

Broccoli Soup Mise En Place & Makoto AS Ryusei Gyuto 210mm
    Spring onion greens, broccoli florets, yellow onion, 4x chicken stock, rendered chicken fat, black pepper, salt, crushed garlic and minced broccoli stems. Just a quick sweat of the onions and garlic in the chicken fat, then the broccoli stems and the rest. After it was all in, I added a couple blobs of the gelatinous stock and some water, and let it simmer until everything had softened. Then I hit it with the stick blender and simmered it further, until it reduced to the desired viscosity. Then, I re-seasoned it at the finish.

As long as I had time, I decided to make a garnish for the soup (took a page out of Lou's playbook) . . .

Shallots & Makoto AS Ryusei Gyuto 210mm
    This was four large shallots, cut into rings and half-rings.

Shallots Frying
    In vegetable oil, until they just started to turn brown. They tend to bolt from there (and carry over), so I made sure to get them out of the oil promptly.

Fried Shallots
    Enough for the soup . . . and some throughout-the-day nibbling. :D

Next up, time to get RID of some eggplant and work through a couple other items. The whole family loved last week's roasted eggplant salad, so we decided on a redux . . .

Roasted Eggplant Salad Mise En Place
    Campari tomatoes (the end of the tray!), lemon (juiced), salt, roasted eggplant, evoo, tahini, parsley leaves and garlic clove (later microplaned). Gotta say, these were some excellent off-season tomatoes -- about the best I can remember having.

Roasted Eggplant Salad
    Garnished with the campari tomatoes, evoo, parsley leaves and ground sumac.

On to the main course, which should not surprise anyone . . . :D

Charcoal Grilled Chicken Thighs
    We enjoyed the Manale spice powder from our recent bbq shrimp dinner so much that we made a batch just to have as a rub, and that's what you see on the chicken here.

Fridge-Frozen Broccoli Soup
    Garnished with evoo, crispy shallots, Manale spice and creme fraiche (leftover from NYE but was still in fine shape).

Plated Up
    Charcoal grilled chicken thighs, roasted eggplant salad and fridge-frozen broccoli soup. Honestly, the soup was so tasty, I returned one of the thighs back to the platter and had a second bowl.

=R=

• Post #1966 - March 21st, 2021, 8:18 pm
    Post #1966 - March 21st, 2021, 8:18 pm Post #1966 - March 21st, 2021, 8:18 pm
    Hey Ron, looks delicious as always! Being new here, I have to ask, are you low-to-no-carbs? Or is there an unpictured bread service with dinner? Once in a while I see some rice, or toast with breakfast, but not every dinner.
  • Post #1967 - March 21st, 2021, 8:29 pm
    Post #1967 - March 21st, 2021, 8:29 pm Post #1967 - March 21st, 2021, 8:29 pm
    tjr wrote:Hey Ron, looks delicious as always! Being new here, I have to ask, are you low-to-no-carbs? Or is there an unpictured bread service with dinner? Once in a while I see some rice, or toast with breakfast, but not every dinner.

Thanks. No set strategy for me on the carb front other trying to assist other family members by making them matter when we do have them. So, we'll have them regularly, though not necessarily daily. I'll eat pretty much anything but often plan the dinner menus -- when I'm cooking for all of us -- per the rest of the gang's routines.

=R=

• Post #1968 - March 21st, 2021, 10:26 pm
    Post #1968 - March 21st, 2021, 10:26 pm Post #1968 - March 21st, 2021, 10:26 pm
    Almost forgot one of the very nice side benefits of making crispy shallots . . .

Fried Shallot Oil

Looking forward to using it in some upcoming cooking. Not sure how flavorful it will be in a dish with other components but it has a very definitive aroma. Guessing it might be nice for finishing dishes, salad dressings or cooking eggs.

=R=

• Post #1969 - March 22nd, 2021, 7:44 am
    Post #1969 - March 22nd, 2021, 7:44 am Post #1969 - March 22nd, 2021, 7:44 am
    ronnie_suburban wrote:Almost forgot one of the very nice side benefits of making crispy shallots . . .

Fried Shallot Oil

=R=

Has anyone tried the Serious Eats method for fried shallots? The microwave! I've been meaning to since this came out in december. https://www.seriouseats.com/2020/12/fry ... owave.html
  • Post #1970 - March 22nd, 2021, 6:19 pm
    Post #1970 - March 22nd, 2021, 6:19 pm Post #1970 - March 22nd, 2021, 6:19 pm
    Ronnie, can you remind us again what RID stands for? I understand it has something to do with putting things (e.g., CSA veg) to good use, and I found a definition once before but can't find it now.
    "Your swimming suit matches your eyes, you hold your nose before diving, loving you has made me bananas!"
  • Post #1971 - March 22nd, 2021, 7:08 pm
    Post #1971 - March 22nd, 2021, 7:08 pm Post #1971 - March 22nd, 2021, 7:08 pm
    Katie wrote:Ronnie, can you remind us again what RID stands for? I understand it has something to do with putting things (e.g., CSA veg) to good use, and I found a definition once before but can't find it now.

I think I originally meant it to stand for resourceful ingredient depletion. If it wasn't that, it was something close to that. In any case, the spirit of it has been a mantra for us over the past year. I just can't stand to throw anything away, so I'm always trying to plan for Grocery-Zero every 5-7 days.

As my in-person work continues to ramp up, the weekday dinner preps are going to get more basic . . .

Zucchini Mise En Place & Shigeki Tanaka SG2 Damascus Habakiri Gyuto 210mm
    Shallots, 4x gelatinous beef stock, black pepper, salt, fried shallot oil and crushed garlic.

Hanger Steaks
    Marked these trussed, oiled and seasoned hangers over the coals, then finished them on the indirect side, covered.

Sliced Hangers & Konosuke HD Petty, 210mm
    I just love this knife for slicing smaller cuts.

Plated Up
    Charcoal grilled hanger steak, sauteed zucchini and a portion of the weekly slaw.

Happy Monday! :)

=R=

• Post #1972 - March 23rd, 2021, 3:32 am
    Post #1972 - March 23rd, 2021, 3:32 am Post #1972 - March 23rd, 2021, 3:32 am
    Kind of a parts dinner tonight. Half leftover cabbage, leftover BBQ pork/shrimp fritter, half a pack of tofu, Persian cucumber, tomato, garlic went into a Chinese stir-fry over rice. Tasty, made a bunch of leftovers disappear.

Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #1973 - March 23rd, 2021, 6:02 pm
    Post #1973 - March 23rd, 2021, 6:02 pm Post #1973 - March 23rd, 2021, 6:02 pm
    Today was a good day: first vaccine shot!! For dinner we had a seared salmon filet in our preferred method: one pound in a single piece, skin on; glazed with a mix of hoisin, black garlic mayo, black vinegar; sear skin side down in a very hot cast iron, then move to broiler to bubble the glaze (sometimes we do a more french dijon/mayo/anchovy paste). Served with steamed rice, furikake, scallions, kimchi, and some quick sautéed patty pan squash with a drop of soy.

We also picked up a slagel farms brisket to sous vide for passover (with a little red wine and herbs; then finished on the grill), which we will celebrate with 2 dear friends who are also vaccinated. Not yet a big party, but a glimmer of hope!
  • Post #1974 - March 23rd, 2021, 6:44 pm
    Post #1974 - March 23rd, 2021, 6:44 pm Post #1974 - March 23rd, 2021, 6:44 pm
    G Wiv wrote:Tasty, made a bunch of leftovers disappear.

Nice, love it! Use it all up, baby! :lol:

annak wrote:Today was a good day: first vaccine shot!!

Congrats! You definitely did not bury the lead! :) I'm sure dinner tasted pretty darned sweet after that.

Some might describe our dinner tonight chicken tikka masala but I'm honestly not so sure. There are so many variations out there, as I searched the internet, I had trouble figuring out what the defining characteristics of the dish actually are. So, the jalopy recipe I ended up cobbling together seemed like it could be CTM but just as easily not. Yes, there is tomato and cream -- as well as some spices that are frequently used in Indian-style cuisine -- but if there's a standard of identity for this dish, I wasn't able to find it. In the end, what I made didn't really resemble the CTM I'm used to having in restaurants. However, that doesn't mean that tonight's 'chicken whatever the hell it was' wasn't tasty. It was . . .

Mise En Place & Shigeki Tanaka Aogami #2 Petty, 150mm
    Serrano, jalapeno, Kashmiri chili powder, sweet paprika, minced ginger, sliced garlic, coriander seeds, cumin seeds (both seeds later ground and bloomed in the clarified butter), turmeric, garam masala powder, crushed tomatoes, 24-hour yogurt-marinated chicken thigh meat (+salt, garam masala), butter (later clarified), yellow onion and heavy cream.

Salad
    Iceberg lettuce, campari tomatoes (just as soon as we finished a tray, more showed up!), the end of the fried shallots and a quick homemade dressing of whole-fat greek yogurt, lime juice, salt, freshly ground cumin and grated cucumber.

Plated Up
    Served over brown basmati rice, along with a heaping ramekin of Mrs. Suburban's world famous roasted cauliflower! :)

=R=

• Post #1975 - March 24th, 2021, 6:21 pm
    Post #1975 - March 24th, 2021, 6:21 pm Post #1975 - March 24th, 2021, 6:21 pm
    Curry night once again, this time green with shrimp. An after-work stop at Richwell Market enabled me to mix it up a bit this time . . .

Mise En Place & Sukenari R2/SG2 Damascus Gyuto, 240mm
    u26-30 shrimp, kaffir lime leaves & Thai bird chiles, basil leaves, coconut milk, extra firm tofu, garlic scapes, Mae Ploy green curry paste, fish sauce, 4x gelatinous beef stock, bamboo shoots, gapi, flowering choy sum, enoki mushrooms, zucchini and shallots.

I tried to tame the heat a bit by reducing the number of chiles from 6 to 4 and leaving them whole but that had little impact. I loved it but unfortunately, the family struggled with it. I think the Mae Ploy paste is considerably hotter than the beloved Maesri that I normally use. It's also saltier and more one-dimensional in flavor. I'll use up what I have on hand but going forward from there, I'll be taking it out of the rotation.

Plated Up
    Served over brown jasmine rice, and garnished with garlic scapes.

=R=

• Post #1976 - March 24th, 2021, 6:26 pm
    Post #1976 - March 24th, 2021, 6:26 pm Post #1976 - March 24th, 2021, 6:26 pm
    tonight i made an NYT recipe for linguine with "melted onions". the directions are to cook onions covered and low for 1.5-2 hours, until they "melt" (no browning) then add a little tomato paste and cream and parm. since i was working at home i cooked them low and slow for...3.5 hours?! and they still weren't disintegrated. i ended up using the stick blender. it was a kind of soubise effect and flavorful, though i don't think i'd do it in non-pandemic times. served with a citrusy lacinato kale salad with toasted almonds.
  • Post #1977 - March 24th, 2021, 6:51 pm
    Post #1977 - March 24th, 2021, 6:51 pm Post #1977 - March 24th, 2021, 6:51 pm
    annak wrote:tonight i made an NYT recipe for linguine with "melted onions". the directions are to cook onions covered and low for 1.5-2 hours, until they "melt" (no browning) then add a little tomato paste and cream and parm. since i was working at home i cooked them low and slow for...3.5 hours?! and they still weren't disintegrated. i ended up using the stick blender. it was a kind of soubise effect and flavorful, though i don't think i'd do it in non-pandemic times. served with a citrusy lacinato kale salad with toasted almonds.

Sounds good, if not annoying. I'm curious. How did you cut them? Against the grain supposedly allows them to 'disappear,' while with the grain is supposed to leave them more intact. I'm somewhat of skeptic about that but as long as you mentioned it . . .

=R=

• Post #1978 - March 24th, 2021, 7:26 pm
    Post #1978 - March 24th, 2021, 7:26 pm Post #1978 - March 24th, 2021, 7:26 pm
    you know, that is such an important question, and the recipe does not instruct about it! https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/101 ... -and-cream

i cut them with the grain in thin slivers. so maybe that was the problem.
  • Post #1979 - March 24th, 2021, 7:29 pm
    Post #1979 - March 24th, 2021, 7:29 pm Post #1979 - March 24th, 2021, 7:29 pm
    annak wrote:you know, that is such an important question, and the recipe does not instruct about it! https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/101 ... -and-cream

i cut them with the grain in thin slivers. so maybe that was the problem.

Perhaps. But until I vet it myself, I'm raising an eyebrow at the entire notion! :lol:

=R=

• Post #1980 - March 25th, 2021, 7:18 am
    Post #1980 - March 25th, 2021, 7:18 am Post #1980 - March 25th, 2021, 7:18 am
    I have never seen onions disintegrate without browning them.

I often see the term ' Cook until meltingly tender' . I wonder if that is what the recipe was saying and you took the term melt to literally. Either way, this is clearly a fail on recipe writing.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more