LTH Home

ISO pickling guidance - after the pickling

ISO pickling guidance - after the pickling
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 4 of 4 
  • Post #91 - September 1st, 2020, 11:07 am
    Post #91 - September 1st, 2020, 11:07 am Post #91 - September 1st, 2020, 11:07 am
    Ronnie,

I've gotten addicted to Smashed Cucumber Salad, a Woks of Life version of a Sichuan
    Summer cucumber salad. I make it basically every other day, and always have a bowl
    sitting around. Every time I pass through the kitchen, I take a chunk or two. Highest and
    best use for cukes from my garden I've ever found. For bigger, non-English cukes, I peel
    them before use.

Geo

https://thewoksoflife.com/smashed-asian-cucumber-salad/
    Sooo, you like wine and are looking for something good to read? Maybe *this* will do the trick! :)
  • Post #92 - September 5th, 2020, 5:59 pm
    Post #92 - September 5th, 2020, 5:59 pm Post #92 - September 5th, 2020, 5:59 pm
    Geo wrote:I've gotten addicted to Smashed Cucumber Salad, a Woks of Life version of a Sichuan
    Summer cucumber salad. I make it basically every other day, and always have a bowl
    sitting around. Every time I pass through the kitchen, I take a chunk or two. Highest and
    best use for cukes from my garden I've ever found. For bigger, non-English cukes, I peel
    them before use.

Geo

https://thewoksoflife.com/smashed-asian-cucumber-salad/

I've seen a few recipes like this one and they really appeal to me. I do plan on trying one out before the cucumber pipeline dwindles for the season. However, today I made what I expect will be my last batch of bread & butter pickles of the season . . .

Sliced Cucumbers, Onions & Peppers
    Not exactly my favorite cutting device but with about 7 pounds of cucumbers to process, it made the most sense.

Jarred Up
    2 half-gallons, 1 quart and 1 pint.

I often feel like a vegetable traffic controller this time of year. :D

=R=
    By protecting others, you save yourself. If you only think of yourself, you'll only destroy yourself. --Kambei Shimada

Every human interaction is an opportunity for disappointment --RS

There's a horse loose in a hospital --JM

That don't impress me much --Shania Twain
  • Post #93 - September 5th, 2020, 6:15 pm
    Post #93 - September 5th, 2020, 6:15 pm Post #93 - September 5th, 2020, 6:15 pm
    Bien fait Ronnie, that's a lot of cukes!

I had a "v" mandolin just like that once, bought it from a guy hawking them in front of a Kaufhof department store in Düsseldorf. It worked pretty well until I broke the hand guard. Now I've got a Japanese version.

Made smashed Sichuan cukes again today. I'm really addicted to them. Usually I have an open bowl of them on the counter in the kitchen now at all times. Folks just wander buy and randomly grab a bite.

Geo
    Sooo, you like wine and are looking for something good to read? Maybe *this* will do the trick! :)
  • Post #94 - September 6th, 2020, 9:09 pm
    Post #94 - September 6th, 2020, 9:09 pm Post #94 - September 6th, 2020, 9:09 pm
    made habanero cucumber pickles, tasty
    Being gauche rocks, stun the bourgeoisie

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more