LTH Home

Kiwi Berries

Kiwi Berries
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Kiwi Berries

Post #1 - September 27th, 2020, 4:53 pm
    Post #1 - September 27th, 2020, 4:53 pm Post #1 - September 27th, 2020, 4:53 pm
    Every week, I head down to the local 99 Only store here in Arizona. It is not my favorite place to shop BUT they have some great deals on produce.

The latest "find" is kiwi berries. you get about 1/2 pint for $1. They are a little bit larger than a raw olive and have the same green color. Thay are also very smooth as opposed to a kiwi fruit. They are eaten like kumquats - skin and all. If you cut one open, they look just like a miniature kiwi. Their taste is almost identical.

We also get a lot of the "Living Lettuces" - leaf lettuce that is packed with the roots ia a large plastic package. I really like the product as the product will last twice as long as long as you water it periodically.
  • Post #2 - September 28th, 2020, 11:18 am
    Post #2 - September 28th, 2020, 11:18 am Post #2 - September 28th, 2020, 11:18 am
    These are also known as hardy kiwis. One grower who retired years ago sold them in some Chicago farmers' markets. I am pretty sure that Seedlings has carried them also.

The vines have a rather rampant growth habit and separate male and female plants.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more