LTH Home

Mezcal Copitas - where to source?

Mezcal Copitas - where to source?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Mezcal Copitas - where to source?

Post #1 - February 3rd, 2021, 10:01 am
    Post #1 - February 3rd, 2021, 10:01 am Post #1 - February 3rd, 2021, 10:01 am
    Hoping for a source/location in Chicago to purchase some copitas from.

Plenty online available also, if someone feels strongly about a quality online source, please post.

TIA for any suggestions

Also curious about thoughts on copita material? (glazed vs unglazed clay, glass, etc)
    I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be.
  • Post #2 - February 3rd, 2021, 10:14 am
    Post #2 - February 3rd, 2021, 10:14 am Post #2 - February 3rd, 2021, 10:14 am
    Sweet Willie wrote:Hoping for a source/location in Chicago to purchase some copitas from.

Plenty online available also, if someone feels strongly about a quality online source, please post.

TIA for any suggestions

Also curious about thoughts on copita material? (glazed vs unglazed clay, glass, etc)

Definitely glazed or, I suppose, glass. I haven't had much luck finding them locally. For a time, Quiote was selling some but we all know what happened there.

You might want to check out the store at SACRED's website: https://www.sacred.mx/store. Iirc, Lou Bank had commissioned a WI-based artist to make some SACRED.org-branded copitas and it seems they have some for sale now. I presume that because SACRED is an NPO, at least a portion of the proceeds are being directed to help those in need.

=R=
    By protecting others, you save yourself. If you only think of yourself, you'll only destroy yourself. --Kambei Shimada

Every human interaction is an opportunity for disappointment --RS

That don't impress me much --Shania Twain
  • Post #3 - February 4th, 2021, 1:11 pm
    Post #3 - February 4th, 2021, 1:11 pm Post #3 - February 4th, 2021, 1:11 pm
    Sweet Willie wrote:Hoping for a source/location in Chicago to purchase some copitas from.

Have you checked Moreno's on 26th in Little Village? It's been a while, but I think I saw some copitas by the cash register. For over forty years Moreno's has been Chicago's premiere source of agave spirits. I've been plugging the store for twenty. A year or two ago Moreno's opened Osito's Tap (I haven't visited), so I wouldn't be surprised if they're paying more attention to drinking vessels.
  • Post #4 - February 4th, 2021, 3:23 pm
    Post #4 - February 4th, 2021, 3:23 pm Post #4 - February 4th, 2021, 3:23 pm
    Rene G wrote:

Have you checked Moreno's on 26th in Little Village? It's been a while, but I think I saw some copitas by the cash register. For over forty years Moreno's has been Chicago's premiere source of agave spirits. I've been plugging the store for twenty. A year or two ago Moreno's opened Osito's Tap (I haven't visited), so I wouldn't be surprised if they're paying more attention to drinking vessels.

Good call. They definitely have them there. I think I've seen them in the case and by the register, too.

Btw, I spent a few late afternoon hours in Osito's about a year ago and it was really nice, though, at the time their agave spirits selection didn't come close to the prodigious selection in Moreno's.

=R=
    By protecting others, you save yourself. If you only think of yourself, you'll only destroy yourself. --Kambei Shimada

Every human interaction is an opportunity for disappointment --RS

That don't impress me much --Shania Twain

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more