LTH Home

blade coffee grinder recommendations?

blade coffee grinder recommendations?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • blade coffee grinder recommendations?

Post #1 - February 20th, 2021, 2:30 pm
    Post #1 - February 20th, 2021, 2:30 pm Post #1 - February 20th, 2021, 2:30 pm
    Hi- On a Facebook deals site I also post, somebody is looking for a deal on a coffee grinder. I assume he means a blade one. I have a Krup's one that I have probably had for 20 years. I bought it at Kohl's Lincolnwood grand opening sale, and used a $10 off coupon they mailed me, and so the most I paid was $5. Mine is still doing just fine. I noticed that Cook's Illustrated still has this grinder as there highest rated blade grinder.

When I tried to look for deals on it, I noticed that there are only 3rd party sellers selling it on Amazon for lots of money. Bed Bath and Beyond does not have it available at any of the stores within 25 miles of me, and at Home Depot you can get it for $15.04, but they don't carry it in store. When I went to the Krup's site, they have it for $19.99, but I noticed that there are a lot of recent reviews that are only one star. There are also some reviews from people who love their grinder, and have had it for 25 years or more.

I wonder if the quality of the product has gotten a lot worse? Does anybody have another blade coffee grinder that they love? It could be that Krups is manufacturing it in a different country now? Thanks, Nancy
  • Post #2 - February 21st, 2021, 2:43 am
    Post #2 - February 21st, 2021, 2:43 am Post #2 - February 21st, 2021, 2:43 am
    Hi, Nancy, I too have a black Krups Fast Touch grinder that I've had for 20 to 25 years. And I was gratified by the Cook's Illustrated top rating. While the nasty 3rd party sellers on Amazon and eBay are gouging, Target, Crate and Barrel, and Sur la Table have them in stock at a reasonable $19.99. At Target, it's not in store but available for store pickup order. Sur la Table has them at Old Orchard, Mag Mile and Naperville. Crate and Barrel is shipping only.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more