LTH Home

New Paradise (Sicilian) Bakery

New Paradise (Sicilian) Bakery
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • New Paradise (Sicilian) Bakery

Post #1 - April 7th, 2022, 7:56 am
    Post #1 - April 7th, 2022, 7:56 am Post #1 - April 7th, 2022, 7:56 am
    Haven't seen a mention yet. Opened recently at 5742 Milwaukee. Website is not fully evolved:

https://www.newparadisebakery.com/

It's a second location for the original in Palermo and you can taste the connection to Sicily in their products. Really excellent from what I've tasted. All sorts of pastries, cakes, cannoli (obviously), cookies, massive filled croissants as well as gelato and arancini.
  • Post #2 - April 7th, 2022, 9:20 am
    Post #2 - April 7th, 2022, 9:20 am Post #2 - April 7th, 2022, 9:20 am
    Found an article containing an interview with the owner:
    http://nadignewspapers.com/2022/03/16/n ... novations/

Looks like it's been in the works for a while. Google Street View from September shows the new sign.
  • Post #3 - April 7th, 2022, 9:48 am
    Post #3 - April 7th, 2022, 9:48 am Post #3 - April 7th, 2022, 9:48 am
    They were just starting to fill the cases at 7:30. But there were already a lot of cakes/cookies on display and the gelato freezer was nearly full. I imagine they're doing a good amount of wholesale. Looks like a big operation.
  • Post #4 - April 8th, 2022, 6:16 am
    Post #4 - April 8th, 2022, 6:16 am Post #4 - April 8th, 2022, 6:16 am
    Thanks for the tip on New Paradise! I stopped by yesterday for some pastries for a friend's birthday (her family is Sicilian so I thought it was fitting).
    I only tried a few things but the cannoli were excellent and I really enjoyed the sfogliatelle as well. I'm not a huge sweet pastry person but they also had some really intriguing savory options. I took home a round dough ball stuffed with and topped with bolognese and topped with sesame seeds--it was excellent! I will definitely be back for more of these and some of their other savory options.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more