LTH Home

The Weekly Flyer

The Weekly Flyer
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 6 of 9
  • Post #151 - March 22nd, 2023, 3:24 pm
    Post #151 - March 22nd, 2023, 3:24 pm Post #151 - March 22nd, 2023, 3:24 pm
    Week #48: Something is trading on its past.

The outer sheath: A, M, F, O.

That 'something' is Jewel-Osco. Last week with the frozen entrees a dollar more than a competitor. This week, Jewel-Osco is trying to get $5.49 for the 6-pack of White Castle hamburgers | cheeseburgers. But Tony's Fresh Market is charging only $4.99 for the same item. I am beginning to believe that Jewel-Osco is living off its past history as the grocer that everybody in the community knows.
    Jewel-Osco “We've been around for decades.

So were A&P and National. Where are they now? :P

Here is what is inside:
    • Jewel-Osco
    • Tony's Fresh Market (the 5 NW side stores)
    • Cermak Fresh Market #18 & #16
    • Cermak Produce #2 (4401 W. Armitage)
    • Centŕo Fresh Market (2-week advert, 4804 W. Diversey)
    • Verizon internet (5G wireless)
    • Doordash [Promo code for $10 off a $20.00+ order: JPSC685]
    • Menards

Since I sneered at Jewel-Osco above, I should mention it is offering Red, Green, or Black seedless grapes for 59¢|lb. (limit 10 lbs.) But, it is one of those digital deals which if you have not deduced how to implement, would cost you $1.99|lb.
    {If you cannot handle digital coupons, Tony's will charge you 99¢|lb. for the same foodstuff.}
    Elsewhere, the deals this week seem to be at Tony's. 19-ounce cans of Progresso select vegetable soups are 99¢ (limit 6)(it is digital, but also, be careful - most of Progresso's varities are not 'vegetable classic'). For some reason, Anheuser-Busch inBev want to blow out quantities of Michelob Ultra 12-packs of 12-oz. bottles; it is $4.99 (limit 1). I will sporadically drink this, but I would not buy it. {You know how that is.}
    I saw nothing valuable in adverts from Butera or Angelo Caputo. The latter advert goes off the deep end with a depiction of a hot dog with ketchup. I wonder what kind of reaction it will receive for that?

I just remembered something. If you do not have a mobile telephone, or merely do not want to give it out to a grocery store in order to get the digital coupons, there is | was? a telephone number which if another person was pestering you for a telephone number, ostensibly to get another date with you, you could give out that number. If it was called, he would hear a recorded message, "Sorry. She really does not want to see you again, but hesitated to say that directly lest this became contentious." It's a ten-digit number which hopefully you can remember when checking out. (Or- pencil on paper works pretty much every time.) Register it and give that out.

To take a break from complaining about not getting adverts from Aldi and Food 4 Less here in 60641; I will fire a salvo at Carnicerias Jimenez. It has stores at 5330 W. Belmont, and 3850 W. Fullerton, both of which are in close proximity to 60641, but we do not get theirs either. I guess it has blown its advertising budget on Wheeling and West Chicago.
    Valuable links for survival, without the monetization attempt: https://pqrs-ltd.xyz/bookmark4.html
  • Post #152 - March 29th, 2023, 1:32 pm
    Post #152 - March 29th, 2023, 1:32 pm Post #152 - March 29th, 2023, 1:32 pm
    Week #49: Another perfect square {like me}.

The outer sheath: V, G, B, D.
    'V' is a Kosher bakery offering a 20% off code (SPRING20) for a variety of breads.

Again - when the bank which holds your checking account is cautioning you about writing paper checks, paper check purveyors need to go out of business.

We have the Vericast booklet this week. It includes the advert for Family Dollar. There are coupons for Krispy Kreme donuts, and for Ken's dressings.

Otherwise we have
    • Jewel-Osco
    • Jewel-Osco Latinx flyer (valid thru 30 May)
    • Tony's Fresh Market (the 5 NW side stores)
    • Cricket mobile phone service (iPhone 11 & 14)
    • AT&T fiber internet (300 Mbps+)
    • Menards

Currently, the only deal I espy in these ads is digital coupons from Jewel-Osco for Lays potato chips (8-oz. $2.49) and White Castle hamburgers | cheeseburgers (16-count $9.99). Jewel-Osco's price for 12-packs of soda, only if your mandated purchase of three is for Pepsi products, is $4.32 each {for U}, which is too high. Avoid this.
    Tony's offers the Delcije cookies 5.18-oz. for 99¢, and Doritos | Tostitos | Ruffles snacks (7-9 oz.) for $2.50 (x 4). So you could get one bag of Lays chips at Jewel-Osco for $2.50, and | or four bags of Ruffles chips at Tony's for $10.00. Or scale down to Kroger's store brand potato chips 8-oz. for $1.67 (x 3).
    O.K. - I checked Food 4 Less' advert. If you want to purchase soda this week, it is offering 12-packs of Coca-Cola, Pepsi, and Squirt 12-oz. cans for $3.75 (x 4 - limit 8 ); 10-oz. bags of Lays chips, Cheetos, Fritos, or Smartfood popcorn for $1.99 (x 4). There is a deal on Lindt Lindor chocolate truffles 8½-oz. for $5.49 {digital} ~ there are Lindt's coupons [from the Vericast booklet] still valid through the 31st, but not for this. That coupon expired on the 19th. The 12-pack of Hot Pockets sandwiches are $12.99 (I can recommend the meatballs & mozzarella and the Philly steak & cheese.). I suspect these deals are also available at Mariano's.
    In this week's Angelo Caputo's geographic calamity, “local” craft beers now expand to Denver, CO. and Chico, CA. :roll:

That is it for 60641. I checked Flipp to see what Butera, Food 4 Less, & Angelo Caputo are offering. You're free to double-check me.
    Valuable links for survival, without the monetization attempt: https://pqrs-ltd.xyz/bookmark4.html
  • Post #153 - March 30th, 2023, 12:42 am
    Post #153 - March 30th, 2023, 12:42 am Post #153 - March 30th, 2023, 12:42 am
    A few highlights from other flyers: Montrose offers the somewhat-seldom-seen bone in pork loin roast @ $1.79. In contrast, Shop-n-Save has a couple pages of interesting Ramadan specials. Butera has Stella mozzarella for $2.99/lb in 3 to 6 lb blocks, along with 2 $1.99 Food Club brand items that are outstanding: Whole dill pickles that my family prefers over every other similar brand including Milwaukee, and dark chocolate chips that outperform every other high-cocoa chip I've tried.
  • Post #154 - April 19th, 2023, 6:50 pm
    Post #154 - April 19th, 2023, 6:50 pm Post #154 - April 19th, 2023, 6:50 pm
    Anyone know if weekly flyer disappeared? I havn't got one in 3 or 4 weeks.
  • Post #155 - April 19th, 2023, 10:27 pm
    Post #155 - April 19th, 2023, 10:27 pm Post #155 - April 19th, 2023, 10:27 pm
    Just received the usual suspects with my newspaper: Tony's, Jewel, Lewis Fresh.

The Jewel flyer we get is an abbreviated 4 page format, different from the 8 page full one. Sometimes we get Butera or Piggly Wiggly and on rare occasion Marianos or even Sunset.
  • Post #156 - April 21st, 2023, 8:52 pm
    Post #156 - April 21st, 2023, 8:52 pm Post #156 - April 21st, 2023, 8:52 pm
    Highlights from Valli this week: Extra large eggs $1.99/doz. Also $4.99 Indiana Kitchen baby backs are BOGOF and whole boneless pork loins are $1.69. Both looked pretty good. And 69¢ boxes of Campari tomatoes. Bought some last week, really sweet and kept well. Finally, 49¢ 3lb bags of Rico medium grain rice with coupon. Even cheaper than the $7.99 10lb bags of Egypt's Best at Jewel, if less interesting.

And from Value Fresh (old Arlington Heights Valli): 10¢ zucchinis and yellow squashes plus a bunch of $3.99 Romanian wines for fans of those. Supposedly $4.99 red Mouton Cadet and roasted cashews but they were out of both.
  • Post #157 - April 27th, 2023, 12:15 pm
    Post #157 - April 27th, 2023, 12:15 pm Post #157 - April 27th, 2023, 12:15 pm
    Week #52: Get back on track.

The outer sheath: A, M, B, D.

I must mention what coupons arrived in the two weeks when I was not here to annotate them.
    I occasionally gripe when another Zip Code gets an offer I do not. Fairness commands that I mention when 60641 gets an offer you probably did not. Checkers | Rally stuck a glossy 20-coupon page in the 19th April Flyer. It lists all its locations in metropolitan Chicago. It has one shop in Waukegan. The address tagging here is likely 4320 W. North Ave. (I've eaten there. I also managed to eat from the Checkers which seemingly lasted two months at Ashland & Division.)
    You know what? All the other addresses are quite south of here. {6701 N. Halsted does not exist. 6301 N. Ashland exists, but Ashland is not a main avenue there. These two addresses had no directional listed. I guess I should be glad it did not misspell Halsted. Even some CTA transit displays sometimes misspell Halsted.}
    There was a coupon sheet from Kentucky Fried Chicken, and from Burger King.

I went out to Goldfinger Brwg. in Downers Grove Wednesday to try its Danube Swabian beer. It was good, but I prefer its regular Vienna lager to it. Nonetheless, I bought the 4-pack of 16-oz. cans ($12.99). I really question that it is supposedly not going to distribution because its cans are fully printed. An extremely limited release would seem to be when you use the bare aluminum cans with the label sticker upon.

The flyer arrived on Wednesday. I threw it in the stairway when I left. At Goldfinger, I browsed Flipp to see what Butera, Food 4 Less, & Angelo Caputo are offering.
    • Jewel-Osco
    • Binny's (10% off coupon valid only 29 April)
    • Tony's Fresh Market*
    • Wayfair (Way Day sale 26 & 27 April)
    • Culver's
    • AT&T fiber internet (300 Mbps+)
    • Menards
    * = the ad left here lists fourteen stores, including 5630 W. Belmont. The Flipp ad lists five stores, including 4608 W. Belmont. I am not going to pore over the detail to see what is different.

It is not a good week for supermarket deals. The only one catching my eye was Angelo Caputo's and Tony's Fresh Market offering Smart Ones frozen entrees for $2.00.

Even Tony's is guilty of displaying an advert for something which is a lousy deal. It offers a digital coupon for Koenig Dr. Pepper brands 12-packs 12-oz. cans for $3.99. Elsewhere on the same page, it sells Coca-Cola and Pepsi 24-packs 12-oz. cans for $11.99. Do the division. [Hint: I bet a month from now, Coca-Cola and Pepsi 12-packs will go on sale for $3.99.] The “sale” price for Michelina's entrees is $1.66. No. The true sale price for Michelina's should be $1.00 (or 99¢). Dollar-and-a-quarter Tree sells Michelina's for guess-how-much?
    Conversely, if you can't have too much Miller High Life in stock, Tony's is giving away 12-packs of 12-oz. bottles for $5.99 (x2). {Beer selling for the same amount and price as soda?!}
  • Post #158 - May 2nd, 2023, 11:29 am
    Post #158 - May 2nd, 2023, 11:29 am Post #158 - May 2nd, 2023, 11:29 am
    Don't look for Mariano's ads in weekly flier soon. Cross post from Mariano's thread.

Kroger, the largest grocery chain in the United States, is ditching its long-running weekly newspaper ad circulars announcing the latest grocery specials.

The ads for Kroger (KR) stores and subsidiaries, including Ralphs, Fred Meyer and King Soopers, will shift online. Printed copies will be available in stores, the company said.
  • Post #159 - May 2nd, 2023, 4:13 pm
    Post #159 - May 2nd, 2023, 4:13 pm Post #159 - May 2nd, 2023, 4:13 pm
    Week #53: Who is gouging this time?

The outer sheath: S, K, G, D.
    The Burger King prices are the same from the glossy page distributed a few weeks ago.
    Technically valid thru 30 July 2023.

The flyer arrived on Tuesday.
    There is also a Kentucky Fried Chicken glossy sheet (12 coupons) herein, valid thru 24 July 2023. Most of the coupons are in the $18.99 - $39.99 range.
    We have the Vericast coupon booklet. It has the Family Dollar advert. The only food coupon is for Lindor chocolates: $1.50 off any two Lindor products 5-oz. or larger, valid thru 30 May 2023. (If you do not count the advert for Omaha Steaks.) The leaf gutter protection scheme advert is also in it.

• Jewel-Osco
    • Tony's Fresh Market*
    • Centro Fresh Market [2-week advert]
    • Verizon internet (5G = $25 - $35 | month)
    • Menards
    * = the ad left here lists fourteen stores, including 5630 W. Belmont. The Flipp ad lists five stores, including 4608 W. Belmont. I am not going to pore over the detail to see what is different.

I browsed Flipp to see what Butera, Food 4 Less, & Angelo Caputo are offering.

Jewel-Osco has Entenmann's donuts, or Thomas' English Muffins buy one, get one free. For Mexican beers, Dos Equis 12-pack 12-oz. bottles | cans for $12.99 (limit 2) seems OK. {It would not necessarily be a beer I would buy, but I would drink it if it was being served at a party.} The 'for U' 12.4-oz. Cheez-It crackers for $2.50 (x2 - limit 2) might be as low as it will get nowadays, but I still have other boxes in store here.
    If you prefer Modelo, Corona, Pacifico, or Victoria beer, the better deal is at Tony's Fresh Market 12-pack 12-oz. bottles $12.99 (digital coupon - x2 - limit 2).
    The Miller High Life at Tony's 12-pack 12-oz. bottles is $5.99 (x2).
    Michelina's frozen entrees are on sale for $1.00 each (Same price at Food 4 Less, but it will likely be overstocked there with Spicy Chicken Alfredo.). The Hot Pockets family 12-pack is $12.99. (Same price at Food 4 Less.) The Thomas' English Muffins are annotated here for $3.00 each.
    Powerade 28-oz. bottles are 79¢ each (x15 - limit 15).
    I glimpse some offers for post-popped popcorn. When I buy this, it is usually at Dollar-and-a-quarter Tree (the company with the Bible scripture upon). I am unsure 4-7 oz. bags for $2.50 or $3.00 is really worth it.
    Flipping to the Food 4 Less (and by extension, Mariano's) advert: Jay's potato chips 10-oz. bag for $2.00 is a good deal; Nissin 3.42-oz. ramen bowl for $1.00; Hershey's 35.9-oz. party bag for $11.99. Kroger deli salads for $2.00 | lb., but I wait for the 3-lb. box to go on sale for $4.99. Lindt Lindor Truffles 5.1-oz. bag $4.49 - use this in combo with the coupon in the Vericast advert. Kroger 2-lb. peanut butter jars for $1.79 sounds like a good price. I don't now need any jars of peanut butter.
    [N.B.: The Mariano's advert for Vienna Beef 12-oz. franks (digital - $4.99) does not illustrate a hot dog with ketchup.]

Butera, and Angelo Caputo, are not yet displaying their weekly adverts.
    [P. S.: Re Kroger ~ Burger King's CEO said on the record it was going to migrate all its print coupons to its digital app. What is in this week's flyer {again}:?: ]
    That is what arrived here in 60641.
  • Post #160 - May 2nd, 2023, 6:15 pm
    Post #160 - May 2nd, 2023, 6:15 pm Post #160 - May 2nd, 2023, 6:15 pm
    ekreider wrote:Don't look for Mariano's ads in weekly flier soon. Cross post from Mariano's thread.

Kroger, the largest grocery chain in the United States, is ditching its long-running weekly newspaper ad circulars announcing the latest grocery specials.

The ads for Kroger (KR) stores and subsidiaries, including Ralphs, Fred Meyer and King Soopers, will shift online. Printed copies will be available in stores, the company said.

Ever since Walgreens and CVS stopped printing and distributing ads I've stopped shopping there. I've spoken to others who have had the same reaction. Out of sight..Out of mind!
  • Post #161 - May 3rd, 2023, 7:40 am
    Post #161 - May 3rd, 2023, 7:40 am Post #161 - May 3rd, 2023, 7:40 am
    Artie wrote:
    ekreider wrote:Don't look for Mariano's ads in weekly flier soon. Cross post from Mariano's thread.

Ever since Walgreens and CVS stopped printing and distributing ads I've stopped shopping there. I've spoken to others who have had the same reaction. Out of sight..Out of mind!

I guess this is more proof that advertising works. :) But I'm sure if organizations were seeing enough return on print advertising investments, they would continue it.
  • Post #162 - May 3rd, 2023, 9:26 am
    Post #162 - May 3rd, 2023, 9:26 am Post #162 - May 3rd, 2023, 9:26 am
    Artie wrote:Ever since Walgreens and CVS stopped printing and distributing ads I've stopped shopping there.
    Yeah, I used to pick up sale stuff at both and now they've completely fallen off my radar. Same for Mariano's if I forget to check online. I do follow online 3 or 4 chains that have printed flyers but they don't reach my mailbox: Butera, ShopNSave, Montrose, and Valli.

Highlight from Valli flyer: 49¢ eggs with $10 purchase & coupon. Also $3.99/lb smelt.
  • Post #163 - May 3rd, 2023, 12:51 pm
    Post #163 - May 3rd, 2023, 12:51 pm Post #163 - May 3rd, 2023, 12:51 pm
    Park Packing has a dozen grade A extra large eggs for 99 cents.
    https://www.parkpacking.com/specials
  • Post #164 - May 9th, 2023, 2:51 pm
    Post #164 - May 9th, 2023, 2:51 pm Post #164 - May 9th, 2023, 2:51 pm
    Week #54: Guilt-tripping season.

The outer sheath: S, D, O, E.

The flyer arrived on Tuesday. The original concocted “holiday”, Mother's Day, is approaching this weekend.

There is also another Rally's | Checker's glossy sheet (12 coupons) herein, valid thru 30 June 2023.
    We have the Vericast coupon booklet. No food coupons therein, just ones saying, “You're ugly. Buy this, it will make you look better.”

• Jewel-Osco
    • Tony's Fresh Market*
    • AT&T internet (300 Mbps = $55 | month - 5 Gbps mentioned - the best deal is for 1 Gbps = $80 | mo.)
    • Menards
    * = the ad left here lists fourteen stores, including 5630 W. Belmont. The Flipp ad lists five stores, including 4608 W. Belmont. I am not going to pore over the detail to see what is different. I'm not re-checking on Wednesday. So therefore I did not glimpse what Butera, and Angelo Caputo are advertising this week.

Tony's Fresh Market seems to have the better sale prices this week. I mentioned waiting for Memorial Day to obtain 12-packs of 12-oz. cans of select soda for $3.99 (or lower), but if you do not want to wait, you can buy 24-packs of 12-oz. cans of Koenig Dr. Pepper brands (including Squirt) for $7.99. [digital - x2 - limit 2] Contemplate that fewer Dr. Pepper brands are packaged in 24-packs, and Tony's typically has a limited array of those brands which do.
    I am questionable whether you should pay $4.99-lb. for Planters Peanuts, but if you do, you can couple that with a 12-pack of 12-oz. bottles of Miller High Life for another $4.99 (that is a good price).
    A 20-lb. bag of Rico Long Grain rice is $7.99. There is an expanded lineup of Entenmann's bakery products buy 1, get 1 free. Scott Pete 16-oz. meat franks are $2.00. The 8-count box of Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches is $9.99; but I will wait until somebody puts the “family size” 12-count box on sale. It is the smaller-sized box of Cheez-It crackers which is being advertised. Wait for the 12.4-oz box to go on deal. Lay's, Sun Chips, & Baked Ruffles chips 6-8-oz. are $2.50 [x4].

Jewel-Osco has 16-24-oz. loaves of Sun Maid Raisin bread, or Cinnabon Cinnamon bread for $2.99. (They're $3.50 at Tony's.) If you opted against paying $4.99 for a pound of Planters peanuts, it is offering a 14-oz. jar of Fisher peanuts for $1.50 [x2 - limit 2]. The Scott Pete 16-oz. meat franks are $2.50 here. Lay's, Sun Chips, & Baked Ruffles chips 6-8-oz. are $2.99 [x3] here.
    That's all I see for Jewel-Osco.

I did not view anything worth shopping at Food 4 Less (and by extension, Mariano's).

That is what arrived here in 60641.
  • Post #165 - May 17th, 2023, 4:38 pm
    Post #165 - May 17th, 2023, 4:38 pm Post #165 - May 17th, 2023, 4:38 pm
    Week #55: Are stores ready for summer?

The outer sheath: E, G, D, H.

The flyer arrived on Wednesday. Since it had not arrived on Tuesday, I did spend some time on Flipp (which I just learned is headquartered in Canada), checking Food 4 Less, Butera, Angelo Caputo, and for the first time, H Mart.

• Jewel-Osco
    • Tony's Fresh Market*
    • Burger King (glossy 20-coupon page)
    • Centŕo Fresh Market (2-week advert)
    • Menards
    * = the ad left here lists fourteen stores, including 5630 W. Belmont.

The Burger King glossy print sheet, whose CEO uttered way back was going to be discontinued, is valid through 30 July 2023. It has the same deals and prices as the glossy sheet last distributed supposedly expiring on 25 June 2023.#
    # = But as a Reddit subthread reports, the expiration date of these coupons is not checked. The four-digit number in the upper right corner is what is typed on the PoS terminal, and it is always valid. (I used an “expired” coupon for the Whopper meal on Sunday, 7 May.)
    I know I scrawled a couple of weeks ago that I expected soda prices to go on deep sale next week. But this seems to be inaccurate. Tony's Fresh Market is offering 12-pack cans of 12-oz. soda for Coca-Cola brands for $4.00 (digital - must buy three, limit of three). Jewel-Osco is offering a digital coupon for all soda brands of 12-pack cans of 12-oz. soda for $3.99 (digital - must buy four, limit of four%).
    % = Is this the total number of 12-packs you can buy on this offer? For explanation, say you bought four 12-packs of Coca-Cola brands here [N.B.: Jewel stocks many more varieties of Coca-Cola brands [e.g. Cherry Vanilla Coca-Cola, Caffeine-free Diet Coke] than will Tony's.]. Would Pepsi or Dr. Pepper object to you also buying four of its brands for $3.99? Or is this an artificial construct by Jewel? Is the avoidance manuever to buy four 12-packs at one Jewel, and hit another Jewel store and buy a different packager of four 12-packs?
    This would involve the 1987 Chevrolet Sprint. I could corral three suburban Jewel stores to avoid City of Chicago fees.
    1) 7900 Milwaukee 60714
    2) 8730 W Dempster 60714
    3) 5667 W Touhy 60714
    4) 481 Busse Hwy 60068

This appears to be the week to buy Entenmann's products. Stores are listing the price as $3.49 [i.e.: not hiding behind buy _, get _ free].
    Three stores are offering a deal on 16.3-oz. of peanut butter [Allergen alert: Processed in a facility that processes peanuts.]: Angelo Caputo and Jewel are selling Peter Pan or Jif for $2.99. Tony's purveys Skippy for $2.50.
    Tony's also purveys the 15-oz. package of Ball Park Franks (meat) for $1.50. I paid less for this many years ago at Food 4 Less; but this may be as low as it will ever get. The back porch freezer has seven 16-oz. packages of Bar-S hot dogs, both regular and turkey. They have been in the freezer since 2015. (Because I gave preference to the Ball Park Franks.) Tony's also has the deep discount on Powerade 28-oz. bottles for 69¢ (digital - must buy 15, limit 1).
    Angelo Caputo's offers Smart Ones Entrees for $2.00. I do not currently need more of these. Amazingly, this week the “Support Local” craft beer advert actually has two local breweries on offer.
    Food 4 Less does not have anything I shop on sale. The three-pound tub of potato salad has increased to $5.99 {from 4.99}. Kroger brand chips 8-oz. are $1.66; Lay's brand chips 7-oz. are $2.29 (x 4).
    That is it for this week. I may or may not actually buy any soda this week. I am down to ten 12-packs, and I am certain all of them are now past their “consume before” dates.
  • Post #166 - May 17th, 2023, 8:42 pm
    Post #166 - May 17th, 2023, 8:42 pm Post #166 - May 17th, 2023, 8:42 pm
    Because the JewelOsco soda special is a JO4U coupon, I strongly believe each account is limited to 4 12packs in total regardless of brand. However, there are ways around that limit.
  • Post #167 - May 24th, 2023, 1:39 pm
    Post #167 - May 24th, 2023, 1:39 pm Post #167 - May 24th, 2023, 1:39 pm
    Week #56: The checkbook is open. But the account was closed a while ago.

The outer sheath: A, M, D, F.

The flyer arrived on Wednesday. Since it had not arrived on Tuesday, I did spend some time on Flipp, checking Food 4 Less, and Angelo Caputo. (Butera did not post this week.)

• Jewel-Osco
    • Tony's Fresh Market*
    • Wendy's (glossy 16-coupon page valid thru 25 June)
    • Subway (14 coupons valid thru 25 June)
    • Checkers | Rally's (glossy 20-coupon page valid thru 30 June)
    • Doordash {promo code q9pfcn}
    • Vericast coupon booklet#
    • Binny's
    • AT&T Fiber Internet
    • Menards
    * the ad left here lists twelve stores, including 5630 W. Belmont & 5233 N. Lincoln.
    # Includes coupons for Hellman's, Ben & Jerry's, Lindt's, Whole Fruit frozen fruit bars, Krispy Kreme donuts (valid thru 2 July), Sweet Baby Ray's, Ken's Dressings, & Sunsweet dried fruit. Also has the Family Dollar advert.

I have to be swift. I want to hit a bunch of breweries today for the Illinois Craft Brewers Guild's summer passport program [c.v.], so you're getting the digest version of what is on sale at grocers this week. {I got to five breweries, including LoRez near Cermak Rd. And since I was adjacent to Cermak Rd., the route back to the abode went via Scatchell's Italian Beef.}

Let's start with the soda deals. As expected, Tony's is offering a digital coupon for Coca-Cola brands 12-packs 12-oz. for $3.33 each, limit 3. Pepsi, & Dr. Pepper 12-packs are 3 | $11.98, limit 3, but since it is not digital, I doubt it can prevent you from buying different packagers' brands. If you're willing to spend $3.99 for a 12-pack, Jewel-Osco is purveying all packagers' brands for that; you must buy in multiples of four. Food 4 Less is offering Coca-Cola, Pepsi, and Squirt brands 12-packs for $3.75, limit 8. (Squirt may unlock this deal for Dr. Pepper brands.)
    I espy a multiple-buy (5) offer at Food 4 Less for Hellman's and Sweet Baby Ray's [c.v. the Vericast advert]: a B1G1F deal at Jewel-Osco is for Sweet Baby Ray's and Ken's dressings: Tony's has B1G1F for only Sweet Baby Ray's. Angelo Caputo's purveys Sweet Baby Ray's for $1.25.
    The Kroger potato salad tub is still 3-lbs. | $5.99. Tony's offers Garden Fresh potato salad 46-oz. tub (not quite 3-lbs.) for $5.99.
    Angelo Caputo's has Garden Fresh potato salad for $1.49-lb. {likely from its deli}, and also Reser's potato salad for $1.67-lb. if the tub is actually 3-lbs. (It could be 2¾-lbs.). There's a good deal on 8¾-oz. bags of Chex Mix, 8-oz. Gardetto's mix, and 7½-oz. Bugles for $1.25 - multiples of four.
    Guess what its illustration of hot dogs depicts, and the 'local' beer this week is from Colorado, Michigan, and Ohio?! :(
    Food 4 Less has a 12-oz. package of Bar S meat franks for $1.00.

It does not appear above, but this was a week when I made a massive on-line grocery purchase.
    Way back in February 2021, I purchased eighteen cases of Friskies 5½-oz. cans of wet cat food from Chewy. I nearly lost the entire order when Chewy insisted I solve a captcha, which it then failed to generate. The reason: Chewy was not fortified for v.92 connections. I had backed up my shopping list on a .txt file. I printed it out and while chatting in a text box on Chewy's World-Wide Web page, hastened to the front room where the other phone line (now no longer in use) called Chewy's toll-free order number.
    The cans cost 55¢ or less. The eighteen cases cost $259.50.
    I attempted to logon to Chewy on Tuesday using Firefox v113.01. Despite now having a 1 GB Fiber Broadband Internet connection, Chewy threw another road block in my way. I was treated to the "Access Denied" error message. I am not on a VPN. I cleared out the cache. I turned off all the Firefox extensions possibly interfering. It still retorted "access denied".
    The workaround this time was opening my Brave browser (which will no longer be updated because Brave does not like Windows® 7). That let me logon to it.
    Ohmigawd. Cat food prices have considerably inflated in 2¼ years. A cursory check turned up the lowest price of 73¢. (Pet Supplies Plus wanted 82¢.) This, combined with the possibility that my operating system might be ejected from other merchant W-WW sites, pushed me to order twenty-four cases.

1. Friskies Extra Gravy Pate with Tuna in Savory Gravy $17.52
    2. Friskies Indoor Homestyle Turkey Dinner $17.52
    3. Friskies Tasty Treasures Chicken, Tuna & Scallop Flavor in Gravy $17.52
    4. Friskies Prime Filets Turkey Dinner in Gravy $17.52
    5. Friskies Prime Filets with Chicken in Gravy $17.52
    6. Friskies Indoor Saucy Seafood Bake $17.52
    7. Friskies Savory Shreds Chicken & Salmon Dinner in Gravy $18.47
    8. Friskies Savory Shreds with Ocean Whitefish & Tuna in Sauce $18.54
    9. Friskies Indoor Classic Pate Chicken Dinner $18.55
    10. Friskies Savory Shreds with Chicken in Gravy $18.59
    11. Friskies Classic Pate Mariner's Catch $18.72
    12. Friskies Tasty Treasures Pate Liver, Turkey & Chicken $18.72
    13. Friskies Savory Shreds with Whitefish & Sardines in Sauce $18.72
    14. Friskies Classic Pate Liver & Chicken Dinner $18.72
    15. Friskies Classic Pate Mixed Grill $18.72
    16. Friskies Classic Pate Turkey & Giblets Dinner $18.72
    17. Friskies Classic Pate Chicken & Tuna Dinner $18.72
    18. Friskies Extra Gravy Chunky with Beef in Savory Gravy $18.72
    19. Friskies Indoor Flaked Ocean Whitefish Dinner $18.72
    20. Friskies Tasty Treasures Gravy Chicken & Liver $18.72
    21. Friskies Tasty Treasures with Ocean Fish & Tuna & Scallop Flavor $18.72
    22. Friskies Savory Shreds Turkey & Cheese Dinner in Gravy $18.72
    23. Friskies Savory Shreds with Beef in Gravy $18.72
    24. Friskies Savory Shreds with Salmon in Sauce $18.72
    Total = $464.54

I have updated the post in "Something to Drink" with details of 2023's Illinois Craft Brewers Guild's passport program. It is more challenging than it was in 2019. For one thing, you (| I) need to visit fifty Illinois breweries between 19 May and 19 August. You needed only forty in 2019. Secondarily, a number of breweries which participated in 2019 are not participating in 2023. Ternarily, you are not guaranteed anything if you meet the fifty-brewery threshold.
    ICBG wrote: (You) will be eligible for entry to a drawing for a gift card to the passport brewery of your choice!
    [N.B.: its exclamation point]
    Oh well... I got my passport at Hopewell Brwg. I have been to twelve breweries so far. As is my want, I have not motored to any of them. One plus for 2023 is that Ventra one, three, and seven-day passes are now valid on Pace routes. So I could ride the Pace route #330 Mannheim Road bus to Short Fuse Brwg. in Schiller Park and Hop District Brwg. in La Grange Park. I spent $7.00 to ride the UP-West line to Geneva on Sunday and its three breweries (of variable quality).
    I took Tuesday off. On Wednesday, I am going to cruise to the District Brew Yards on N. Ashland Ave. and the three participating breweries slightly west of there.
    I do have a V.I.P. ticket for Beer Under In A Glass on Friday. If you are there, you will glimpse a rare impression of me. No satchel, nothing in my arms, just my Panasonic DMC-LX3 camera around my neck, and a fanny pack around my waist.
    Last edited by pudgym29 on May 25th, 2023, 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Post #168 - May 24th, 2023, 7:09 pm
    Post #168 - May 24th, 2023, 7:09 pm Post #168 - May 24th, 2023, 7:09 pm
    If you want to save money at Pet Supplies Plus, they almost always have a coupon code that saves you 10-20% of your purchase. Google “pet supplies plus coupons” and you should be able to find a coupon code to use when you check out. I find that Coupon Cabin codes are usually valid.
  • Post #169 - May 24th, 2023, 11:30 pm
    Post #169 - May 24th, 2023, 11:30 pm Post #169 - May 24th, 2023, 11:30 pm
    That Tony's 3/9.99 Coke deal is pretty good. What's alarming, though, is that it says "save 16.98" making the regular price 8.99/12pack. Yikes!
    Also from the Tony's ad, they've copied Jewel's 99¢ pub burgers, limit 8 per coupon, while Jewel had them last week for $2. Tony's are "USDA Choice" but don't mention fat/lean numbers. Perhaps that's on the packages. The Jewel pub burgers are a pretty reasonable 85% lean.
    Other Tony's burger options, perhaps for those who share Barbie's frustration with mathematics, are 73% quarter pound burgers for $1 each, or a 4lb box of Deluxe 8oz Beef Patties for 9.99.
  • Post #170 - May 25th, 2023, 9:20 am
    Post #170 - May 25th, 2023, 9:20 am Post #170 - May 25th, 2023, 9:20 am
    tjr wrote:That Tony's 3/9.99 Coke deal is pretty good. What's alarming, though, is that it says "save 16.98" making the regular price 8.99/12pack. Yikes!
    The non-sale price on soda is an inefficient/inelastic thing. The true price is the sale price because the sales never end, it's just whether you have to buy 2, 3 or 4 at a time. They just inflate the sticker price because the people who buy them 1 at a time clearly don't care about price, and their demand won't respond to the surge.
  • Post #171 - May 25th, 2023, 11:55 am
    Post #171 - May 25th, 2023, 11:55 am Post #171 - May 25th, 2023, 11:55 am
    bweiny wrote: The non-sale price on soda is an inefficient/inelastic thing. The true price is the sale price because the sales never end, it's just whether you have to buy 2, 3 or 4 at a time. They just inflate the sticker price because the people who buy them 1 at a time clearly don't care about price, and their demand won't respond to the surge.
    I have to respectfully contend with this position. Go back a few weeks of these flyers and see when stores were trying to get $5.99 per 12-pack. {PLUS: I predicted the future! Woo hoo! What do I get for that? Oh - just the pat on the back? :| }
  • Post #172 - May 25th, 2023, 12:31 pm
    Post #172 - May 25th, 2023, 12:31 pm Post #172 - May 25th, 2023, 12:31 pm
    pudgym29 wrote:
    bweiny wrote: The non-sale price on soda is an inefficient/inelastic thing. The true price is the sale price because the sales never end, it's just whether you have to buy 2, 3 or 4 at a time. They just inflate the sticker price because the people who buy them 1 at a time clearly don't care about price, and their demand won't respond to the surge.
    I have to respectfully contend with this position. Go back a few weeks of these flyers and see when stores were trying to get $5.99 per 12-pack. {PLUS: I predicted the future! Woo hoo! What do I get for that? Oh - just the pat on the back? :| }
    I clicked on your link and in the April post you're referring to a 24-pack price of $11.99. That's entirely consistent with a higher 12-pack price. You need to double the quantity to get a $5.99/12 price.
  • Post #173 - May 30th, 2023, 4:20 pm
    Post #173 - May 30th, 2023, 4:20 pm Post #173 - May 30th, 2023, 4:20 pm
    Week #57: Prices rebound back to what stores prefer.

The outer sheath: D, W, B, M.
    "W" is a metal roof construction purveyor.

So, one week after it was possible to purchase 12-packs of 12-oz. cans of soda for $3.75 - 3.99, this week, those same stores are back to trying to elicit $5.99 for the same packaging [also $10.99 per 24-packs]. Do not try again to quip that 'soda is always on sale'. No it isn't. Here is the proof.

There are glossy coupons sheets for Popeyes (valid through 24 September ~ somebody could attempt bringing Popeyes to the LTHF picnic :P) and Papa John's. Having used a Popeyes coupon this past week, I alert you that many Popeyes coupons give with one hand, but take away with the other hand. If you wish to add a soda to your Popeyes meal, and it is not included in the coupon detail, your 22-oz. fountain soda (the smallest size available) will cost $3.39! There is no way that even the Coca-Cola Freestyle machine (which Popeyes does not offer) would cost a fast service shop that much money. So this is a patently obvious gouge on Popeyes part.
    • Jewel-Osco (We also get the Latinx glossy sheet valid through 1 August)
    • Tony's Fresh Market*
    • Centŕo Fresh Market (2-week advert)
    • Menards
    * = There is a printing error on the Tony's sheet having to do with its locations. It displays eleven stores, but the print code beneath it has the 12th code "AG", which is its store @ 5630 W. Belmont Ave.
    I view nothing good, even digitally, on offer at Jewel-Osco this week. It is even mentioning some bad deals like trying to get $3.34 for Stouffer's or Lean Cuisine frozen entrees. Do not 'stock your bullpen' with these :evil:. Food 4 Less (& probably Mariano's) are purveying them for $2.50. I consider Smart Ones frozen entrees as direct competition to them. This week, you can buy those at Tony's Fresh Market for $2.00. Stuff your freezer with that.
    The other good deal at Tony's is the 'Family Size' boxes of White Castle hamburgers (16) and Hot Pockets sandwiches (12) for $9.99 (The latter is $12.99 at Food 4 Less.).
    Tony's also has a good price on a 12-pack of 12-oz. bottles of Leinenkugel's ($9.99), but knowing Tony's proclivities, when you shop for this, you will have a large selection of
    • Summer Shandy
    • Summer Shandy
    (I would consider buying it even warm on the floor if Tony's would stock its beer. But Tony's will have only the choices above. I have enough beers in stock as it is. I still have to get to fifty Illinois breweries for the I.C.B.G.'s Summer Passport program.)
    Somebody somewhere in metropolitan Chicago should post the regular prices for foodstuffs sold at Aldi. Mashup Mom does not even try: It is consistently only what was new this week. We would really like to know if the 1-lb. package of bologna is in stock this week, and if so, how much does it cost? What is the regular price for the 20-oz. loaves of bread, and the 8-packs of hot dog and hamburger buns? What is the base price we can find at Aldi, to compare when Jewel or Tony's (or Food 4 Less, Butera, or Angelo Caputo's) post a "sale" price for said item?
    I can foresee myself buying the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches at Food 4 Less ($9.99), but only that.
    Since Butera and Angelo Caputo do not share their flyers until Wednesday, I cannot inform you about them.

I should conclude my experience buying Friskies wet cat food from Chewy. Four boxes were delivered here to the abode. Each box weighed fifty-eight pounds. None of these boxes went upstairs {doh}. Each was slowly slid down the front steps to the basement. There they were opened. Each box had six cases of cat food. Three boxes were delivered one day. The fourth box the following day. It also did not include a carton content label. This created a wrinkle in my Homescan scanning of the purchase, as I had to compute the price of the six cases arriving in the fourth box and subtract that from the total price.
    The "Best by" dates for each variety varies. The oldest expires June 2024. Most of the varieties are April 2025. A smaller number date to March and May 2025. The cases with the 2024 dates have been stored atop the newer choices.
    Since eighteen cases lasted from February 2021 to today (there are twenty remnant cans of five varieties), and Mirko eats a mere ½-can of wet cat food per day (she also eats dry cat food), these twenty-four cases should likely be served until July 2026.
    That is it for this week in 60641.
  • Post #174 - May 31st, 2023, 10:47 pm
    Post #174 - May 31st, 2023, 10:47 pm Post #174 - May 31st, 2023, 10:47 pm
    Hi,

I buy cat food three to six month quantities. You have me beat in your years out cat food purchases.

The Bannockburn Mariano's has marked down Trisha Yearwood cat food. It is more than I wish to spend even at half-price.

I have bought cat food at Aldi, which fortunately the cat does not reject.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #175 - June 7th, 2023, 12:29 pm
    Post #175 - June 7th, 2023, 12:29 pm Post #175 - June 7th, 2023, 12:29 pm
    Week #58: Nothing to see here; keep going.

The outer sheath: E, O, S, H.
    We have both questionable speculation numismatic sponsors this week. :roll:

• Jewel-Osco
    • Tony's Fresh Market
    • Menards

There is a 20-count glossy coupon sheet for Checkers | Rally's in my package [60641]. Aside from a store in Waukegan, no locations are north of west North Ave.

If you cut the Lindt's coupon from the Vericast pamphlet a couple of weeks ago, Angelo Caputo has a deal for 3½-oz. chocolate bars for $2.50 on which you could stack it.

This week's Vericast pamphlet is solely health & beauty coupons.

Meijer is offering the Stouffer's frozen entrees I bought last week at Food 4 Less for $2.50 (same price) this week; Ball Park meat (not beef) franks 15-oz. for $1.50 (x 2 - no limit); and Chex Mix 7½-oz. bags B1G1F through Saturday.

Otherwise, I am not viewing much of anything special. :|

Is Butera selling, moving, or closing? It has not shared its weekly flyer with Flipp in consecutive weeks. :?

I did get to Food 4 Less on Monday for the Stouffer's frozen entrees [$2.50] and the Jimmy Dean breakfast croissants [$9.99].
  • Post #176 - June 11th, 2023, 1:36 am
    Post #176 - June 11th, 2023, 1:36 am Post #176 - June 11th, 2023, 1:36 am
    Week #57B: Bonus time!
    {Backdated since this was for the sale week ending 6 June.}

On Saturday, the 10th, I was out-&-about on a Ventra seven-day pass, getting visa stickers for the Illinois Craft Brewers Guild's summer Passport program. I need to get to fifty participating breweries between now and 19 August. Not all ICBG member breweries are participating. :(

I was walking to Double Clutch Brwg. {remember that whole kerfluffle?} along Simpson St. and came upon an abode where there was an uncollected Weekly Flyer sitting on its entryway. -On a Saturday.-
    Doh - of course I scrounged it.
    Let's see what it is purveying to residents of Evanston [Evanston105; Area: 0763 Rte: V60201B1].
    Somewhat unfortunately; this Flyer was for the week ending 6 June 2023.
    The outer sheath: I am not devoting a precious letter for this; There was a "Lake Forest Roadshow" buying event at a hotel in Mettawa, IL. on the first page. The remaining pages were M, G, D. {another beer from that brewery - but not as good as High Life}
    Really not that much. Aside from a glossy coupon sheet from a pizza chain I will never patronize (and neither should you) which will thus go unidentified; there were adverts from Valli International Fresh Market, Jewel-Osco, and Mariano's [noted - but nothing from Food 4 Less ~ is Kroger being selective about which of its chains are going to be dropped from these parcels?].
    Reading the Valli ad informs me it is not the store you want to shop if you are looking for good prices on foodstuffs. My attention was caught by the offer on page 4 for the Transylvanian Meat Co.'s Cevapi sausage 24-oz. package (pork & beef - $11.99). Does it come with extra garlic embedded therein? :twisted:
    Therefore, do not expect me to look up Valli's ad on Flipp.

Sorry, Evanston. I think the offers you get in your Weekly Flyer are not as good as those delivered to 60618 or 60641.
  • Post #177 - June 16th, 2023, 10:34 am
    Post #177 - June 16th, 2023, 10:34 am Post #177 - June 16th, 2023, 10:34 am
    People, for my reportage of the weekly flyer delivered to 60641; there is one definitive requirement.
    I must receive a copy of the weekly flyer. :idea:

I guess this was the week the flyer delivery critter went on holiday. :roll:
    Nothing appeared here on Tuesday, Wednesday, or any other weekday. :(

I am still hustling to get to fifty Illinois breweries before 19 August, so my not scheduling any grocery store visits is not critical.
    I am not going to compose a response solely based on browsing Flipp, because anybody | everybody could do that.
    So I feel fairly confident uttering there are no good deals at groceries this week.
    Next week is when "back to school" sales begin occuring. :wink:
  • Post #178 - June 16th, 2023, 10:41 am
    Post #178 - June 16th, 2023, 10:41 am Post #178 - June 16th, 2023, 10:41 am
    pudgym29 wrote:Next week is when "back to school" sales begin occuring. :wink:

When I was a kid, those ads commencing after the 4th of July were so aggravating. I was just enjoying not being at school, then came the endless ads reminding this would end AFTER Labor Day.
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #179 - June 20th, 2023, 4:02 pm
    Post #179 - June 20th, 2023, 4:02 pm Post #179 - June 20th, 2023, 4:02 pm
    Week #60: They're not actually local any more.

The outer sheath: N%, B, D, F.
    % = Promo code for 50% off your first order and zero delivery fee: 8zh8vx.

I will begin with the news of new advertisers in the Vericast coupon pamphlet. Ragu pasta sauce has a coupon for 50¢ off one jar (valid thru 30 Sep. 2023), and Tyrani syrups and sauces have coupons for $1.00 off one, or $2.50 off two containers of it (valid thru 31 Dec. 2023). Also in Vericast is two coupons, both 50¢ off, for Lindt's full-size Excellence and Classic Recipe bars (valid thru 23 July 2023); and a now-frequent coupon for $1.00 off Hellmann's and Best Foods products (9-oz. or larger)(valid thru 8 July 2023).

There is a glossy 20-coupon sheet for Checkers | Rally's (valid thru 30 Sep. 2023).
    This is entirely speculative on my part; but something that has the appearance of a fast food restaurant is being erected on the southeast corner of N. Cicero & W. Diversey Aves. Contemplating where other fast food chains are in this vicinity, it just might become another north side Checkers. (If it becomes an Arby's or a Long John Silver's, that would be startling. I will search City of Chicago building permits to try and learn who is opening here.)
    Since I mention opening restaurants, a Paisano Pizza {watch that spelling} store is being erected on the southwest corner of Cicero and Palmer St.

• Binny's Beverage Mart
    • AT&T Fiber
    • Jewel-Osco
    • Tony's Fresh Market (17 stores, but not including 4608 W. Belmont Ave.)
    • Menards

Jewel-Osco's best deals are digital coupons (for U): 12-packs of 12-oz. cans of soda (all brands - must buy 4, limit 4; but you can probably get around this via multiple store visits | transactions) $3.99; Thomas English Muffins (must buy 2 - limit 4) for $1.99).
    You can optionally buy 12-packs of 12-oz. cans of Coca-Cola brands via a digital coupon for $4.00 (must buy 3, limit 3) at Tony's Fresh Market. If you want meat franks, Tony's has the Bar S brand 16-oz. for $1.25. [Jewel is trying to get $2.00 for Bar S 12-oz. meat franks.] However, Food 4 Less is offering the Bar S meat franks for $1.00. So where are you going to buy them?^
    {^ = Stealthily reaches for the virtual 2-by-4. :evil:}

Tony's has 20-oz. Scott Pete Beef Polish Sausage for $5.00. [Jewel is trying to get $5.99 for 20-oz. of Polish sausage without specifying if it is beef.]
    For digital coupons, Food 4 Less is vanquishing other grocery chains. The Smart Ones frozen entrees I paid $2.00 for a month or so are on sale for 99¢. I might not need any more Smart Ones entrees, but I would be have to be daft to not buy at this price. Kroger brand peanut butter 16-oz. jar, Sour Cream, Cream Cheese, or chip dip tub for $1.49.
    Little Debbie snack cakes (6-12-oz.) are $2.00.
    Ragu pasta sauce (16-24-oz.) $1.50 - stack this with the Ragu coupon in the Vericast pamphlet.
    However, do not buy the Moo & Oink 12-oz. links here (9.99 v. 5.00 @ Tony's ^ :evil:).
    Kroger brand 8-oz. Potato Chips, or 13-oz. Tortilla Chips seems to be a deal at $1.67; but I have no idea what this would cost at Aldi.

For beers, Tony's has hiked the price on a 12-pack of 12-oz. bottles of Leinenkugel's to $11.99. But $11.99 is a good price for Pilsner Urquell in the same packaging. If you're down with cans for your Miller High Life stock, a 30-pack of 12-oz. cans is $13.99 (x 2). {How long would it take you to get through sixty cans? Do you anticipate a party invitation?} If you desire Stella Artois or Heineken, the better deal for them is at Binny's ~ Stella 12-packs [cans hold more than bottles] $10.99+ (x 2); Heineken $11.99+ (x 2). Or you can step down to a 24-pack of 12-oz. cans of Old Style for $11.99, and get a 1¢ jar of Binny's peanuts.
    If sixty cans of High Life is just a little too much for you, Food 4 Less offers a 12-pack of 12-oz. bottles for $5.99 (x 2).
    + = with instant rebate

Since Butera and Angelo Caputo do not share their flyers until Wednesday, I cannot inform you about them.

That is it for this week in 60641.
  • Post #180 - June 23rd, 2023, 1:47 am
    Post #180 - June 23rd, 2023, 1:47 am Post #180 - June 23rd, 2023, 1:47 am
    Following up on my previous reply; I squeezed in a transit trip to Food 4 Less Thursday to get the Smart Ones frozen entrees.
    I correctly entered my Alternate ID for its digital coupons.
    Thus, I must warn you: you will get the additional dollar off on only the first five entrees you buy. :P [c.v.: this receipt] Image
    I intended to buy 16 entrees. I managed this.The otherwise 'sale' price for them is $1.99, which is still a good deal. I come up with the number 16 because from prior experience, I can fit eight entrees sideways into the standard grocery store plastic bag. The three Little Debbie items were Swiss Rolls, Honey Buns, & Zebra Cakes.
    {Food 4 Less | Kroger does not acknowledge my e-mail address. It responds that it sent a verification e-mail to the specified address, but it never arrives.}
    This specific Food 4 Less does not seem to get any paper flyers. The only paper item scarfed was the mini sheet annotating what you can save $1.00 each on, if you buy five or more of the specified items. Here is what that looks like: Image Image I will not cite all of them, but I do espy Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing (16-oz.) on the roster. :wink:
    Granted, I suspect these are similarly priced at Mariano's. Inform us if it is not.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more