LTH Home

Crumbl cookies, I don't get it

Crumbl cookies, I don't get it
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Crumbl cookies, I don't get it

Post #1 - July 19th, 2022, 10:56 am
    Post #1 - July 19th, 2022, 10:56 am Post #1 - July 19th, 2022, 10:56 am
    Hi, mods, if this is in the wrong place, please move.

With that said, I don't understand what the big deal is with Crumbl cookies. I bought two a few days ago, $4.25 each, and I was underwhelmed by them. Not just because of the price. They were okay, but I don't think they deserved the hype. I will try the sugar cookie when it hits the rotation, but otherwise, no more for me.

When Mrs. Fields owned her shops, they were a much better cookie tham Crumbl; not so after she sold them to an investment company and franchising started. Anyway, back to Crumbl, would someone please explain to me why they are popular?
    The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
  • Post #2 - July 19th, 2022, 11:14 am
    Post #2 - July 19th, 2022, 11:14 am Post #2 - July 19th, 2022, 11:14 am
    I've never had them so can't comment. There are several Chicago area locations.

https://crumblcookies.com/
    -Mary
  • Post #3 - July 19th, 2022, 11:51 am
    Post #3 - July 19th, 2022, 11:51 am Post #3 - July 19th, 2022, 11:51 am
    No big mystery. It's a good big cookie. Same niche as Edible Arrangements or Nothing Bundt Cakes. Not a game changer but a nice gift, office treat, easy hostess gift, etc. Convenience and something a little different. Don't overthink it.
  • Post #4 - July 19th, 2022, 12:48 pm
    Post #4 - July 19th, 2022, 12:48 pm Post #4 - July 19th, 2022, 12:48 pm
    The GP wrote:I've never had them so can't comment. There are several Chicago area locations.

https://crumblcookies.com/
    I saw there were some shops in the Chicago area, and with the folks here being foodies, I figured there would be opinions a plenty. I searched the forum, and only found posts about stores opening.

spinynorman99 wrote:No big mystery. It's a good big cookie. Same niche as Edible Arrangements or Nothing Bundt Cakes. Not a game changer but a nice gift, office treat, easy hostess gift, etc. Convenience and something a little different. Don't overthink it.
    Okay, I can see that. I don't know about Edible Arrangements or Nothing Bundt Cakes, but as a gift (each cookie is in a small, pink box - maybe different if 4 cookies are bought, or a dozen) I guess it would work. Seems rather pretentious to me. I'd rather have a better tasting cookie myself.
    The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
  • Post #5 - July 19th, 2022, 1:02 pm
    Post #5 - July 19th, 2022, 1:02 pm Post #5 - July 19th, 2022, 1:02 pm
    Xexo wrote:...Seems rather pretentious to me. I'd rather have a better tasting cookie myself.

I have no knowledge of Crumbl, and for all I know, their products are delicious, made with care, and only quality ingredients, and they give back to the community in spades. I hope Crumbl does fantastic, and I hope they are great.

BUT -
    There's a business model that can make you zillions with an overpriced product. It's been done before.
    We cannot be friends if you do not know the difference between Mayo and Miracle Whip.
  • Post #6 - July 19th, 2022, 1:16 pm
    Post #6 - July 19th, 2022, 1:16 pm Post #6 - July 19th, 2022, 1:16 pm
    seebee wrote:
    Xexo wrote:...Seems rather pretentious to me. I'd rather have a better tasting cookie myself.

I have no knowledge of Crumbl, and for all I know, their products are delicious, made with care, and only quality ingredients, and they give back to the community in spades. I hope Crumbl does fantastic, and I hope they are great.

BUT -
    There's a business model that can make you zillions with an overpriced product. It's been done before.
    Indeed. Voodoo Donuts started in Portland Oregon. They have quite the following. Have interestingly named donuts, interesting toppings/fillings, etc. They used to have long lines of people wanting to buy their donuts, don't know if that is still true or not. The underlining donut isn't that great though. I speak from having managed a donut shop and made donuts 5 days a week for a year. Not terrible, but still should be better. The sales are based on the gimmick of the names of the donuts and the toppings/fillings. I wish them well, but won't buy for myself again.
  • Post #7 - July 19th, 2022, 7:23 pm
    Post #7 - July 19th, 2022, 7:23 pm Post #7 - July 19th, 2022, 7:23 pm
    I don't think that the Crumbl cookies taste that great. I find them overly sweet. My kids like them, though. Part of the appeal is that the cookies are very large and the flavors change weekly.
  • Post #8 - August 1st, 2022, 12:40 pm
    Post #8 - August 1st, 2022, 12:40 pm Post #8 - August 1st, 2022, 12:40 pm
    I can't stand them. Super sweet. Ick. I won't get them again.
    Toria

"I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it" - As You Like It,
    W. Shakespeare
  • Post #9 - August 1st, 2022, 12:56 pm
    Post #9 - August 1st, 2022, 12:56 pm Post #9 - August 1st, 2022, 12:56 pm
    toria wrote:I can't stand them. Super sweet. Ick. I won't get them again.

Same here. Too sweet, too soft, and over priced. If that is what one is looking for, then go for it! If we all liked the same things, the lines would be really long.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more