LTH Home

Costco

Costco
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 33 of 34
  • Post #961 - May 6th, 2019, 9:28 am
    Post #961 - May 6th, 2019, 9:28 am Post #961 - May 6th, 2019, 9:28 am
    Cathy2 wrote:Hi,

    Pizza at Costco can be made vegetarian, if you order a whole pizza. Until very recently, you could order a sausage or pepperoni pizza, but now sausage is eliminated. Sausage with pepperoni is still available as a combo.

    Regards,
    Cathy2

    pepperoni pizza = OK
    sausage pizza = NO
    sausage with pepperoni = OK

    I seem to recall they often can and will make the pizza's to order so you are saying that they will refuse to make just a sausage pizza?

    I mean, the sausage is right there waiting to be joined with pepperoni.
    "Very good... but not my favorite." ~ Johnny Depp as Roux the Gypsy in Chocolat
  • Post #962 - May 6th, 2019, 9:44 am
    Post #962 - May 6th, 2019, 9:44 am Post #962 - May 6th, 2019, 9:44 am
    Panther in the Den wrote:I seem to recall they often can and will make the pizza's to order so you are saying that they will refuse to make just a sausage pizza?

    They have a list of what they will do and sausage-only is no longer an option. You are welcome to test this for yourself and advise.

    Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

    "You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways, Road Food 2012: Podcast
  • Post #963 - May 6th, 2019, 10:48 am
    Post #963 - May 6th, 2019, 10:48 am Post #963 - May 6th, 2019, 10:48 am
    Panther in the Den wrote:
    Cathy2 wrote:Hi,

    Pizza at Costco can be made vegetarian, if you order a whole pizza. Until very recently, you could order a sausage or pepperoni pizza, but now sausage is eliminated. Sausage with pepperoni is still available as a combo.

    Regards,
    Cathy2

    pepperoni pizza = OK
    sausage pizza = NO
    sausage with pepperoni = OK

    I seem to recall they often can and will make the pizza's to order so you are saying that they will refuse to make just a sausage pizza?

    I mean, the sausage is right there waiting to be joined with pepperoni.


    They do make them to order and the staff is usually accommodating but they have a set menu they can't veer from. Frustrating when you can plainly see them placing ingredients, but I guess they don't want to open the door to 100 variations.
  • Post #964 - May 6th, 2019, 11:24 am
    Post #964 - May 6th, 2019, 11:24 am Post #964 - May 6th, 2019, 11:24 am
    spinynorman99 wrote:Frustrating when you can plainly see them placing ingredients, but I guess they don't want to open the door to 100 variations.

    Costco's sheetcakes once allowed three cake choices: vanilla, chocolate and carrot cake. There were multiple fillings. Now it is chocolate and vanilla cake with either chocolate or vanilla mousse filling and frosting. I can only guess orders were being mixed with the old system.

    My favorite sheet cake combo once was: carrot cake, cream cheese icing and apricot filling.

    Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

    "You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways, Road Food 2012: Podcast
  • Post #965 - May 6th, 2019, 11:44 am
    Post #965 - May 6th, 2019, 11:44 am Post #965 - May 6th, 2019, 11:44 am
    spinynorman99 wrote:They do make them to order and the staff is usually accommodating but they have a set menu they can't veer from. Frustrating when you can plainly see them placing ingredients, but I guess they don't want to open the door to 100 variations.

    It sounds like they went from 4 variations to 3?
    "Very good... but not my favorite." ~ Johnny Depp as Roux the Gypsy in Chocolat
  • Post #966 - May 6th, 2019, 11:47 am
    Post #966 - May 6th, 2019, 11:47 am Post #966 - May 6th, 2019, 11:47 am
    Panther in the Den wrote:
    spinynorman99 wrote:They do make them to order and the staff is usually accommodating but they have a set menu they can't veer from. Frustrating when you can plainly see them placing ingredients, but I guess they don't want to open the door to 100 variations.

    It sounds like they went from 4 variations to 3?


    I think they do cheese, veggie, sausage/pepp, pepperoni. In any case, it's my "when there's nothing else" option. This city has so much amazing pizza we're down to about 2x/year.
  • Post #967 - July 20th, 2019, 10:44 am
    Post #967 - July 20th, 2019, 10:44 am Post #967 - July 20th, 2019, 10:44 am
    Costco is selling madeleines in a plastic box individually wrapped. They are really good. Maybe not as good as home made, but almost. They freeze well too.
    Toria

    "I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it" - As You Like It,
    W. Shakespeare
  • Post #968 - November 15th, 2019, 5:42 pm
    Post #968 - November 15th, 2019, 5:42 pm Post #968 - November 15th, 2019, 5:42 pm
    serranoham1.jpg
    Spanish Serrano Ham at the Salem Oregon Costco for $99.99 with knife and holding rack. Last year a couple of Spanish women visiting Oregon bought 4 of them. Actually took all that were on the shelf.

    Got the picture to post!
    Last edited by Xexo on November 16th, 2019, 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Post #969 - November 15th, 2019, 7:28 pm
    Post #969 - November 15th, 2019, 7:28 pm Post #969 - November 15th, 2019, 7:28 pm
    Xexo wrote:Don't have a place to host the photo, my bad.

    Take a look below the composition box, you can now upload directly onto LTH.

    Please give it a try.

    Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

    "You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways, Road Food 2012: Podcast
  • Post #970 - November 16th, 2019, 12:37 am
    Post #970 - November 16th, 2019, 12:37 am Post #970 - November 16th, 2019, 12:37 am
    Thanks Cathy, I tried to edit the post to add the picture and I get this error "The image file you tried to attach is invalid." It is a jpg I'm trying to upload. Is there a size limit?
    Cathy2 wrote:
    Xexo wrote:Don't have a place to host the photo, my bad.

    Take a look below the composition box, you can now upload directly onto LTH.

    Please give it a try.

    Regards,
    Cathy2
  • Post #971 - November 16th, 2019, 6:17 am
    Post #971 - November 16th, 2019, 6:17 am Post #971 - November 16th, 2019, 6:17 am
    I've found I have to downsize my photos. Not sure what the software limit is, but when I go to 600 px or so across, the photos upload well.
  • Post #972 - November 16th, 2019, 2:20 pm
    Post #972 - November 16th, 2019, 2:20 pm Post #972 - November 16th, 2019, 2:20 pm
    I saw that ham a couple of days ago at the Costco in Mettawa.
    "Your swimming suit matches your eyes, you hold your nose before diving, loving you has made me bananas!"
  • Post #973 - November 16th, 2019, 7:23 pm
    Post #973 - November 16th, 2019, 7:23 pm Post #973 - November 16th, 2019, 7:23 pm
    They also sell a 15.4 Iberico ham for $550 with a stand and knife.
    7243BB65-74D3-46F3-B6B5-E20E0BA00163.jpeg
  • Post #974 - November 16th, 2019, 8:35 pm
    Post #974 - November 16th, 2019, 8:35 pm Post #974 - November 16th, 2019, 8:35 pm
    Thank you Nr706! That was the trick.
    nr706 wrote:I've found I have to downsize my photos. Not sure what the software limit is, but when I go to 600 px or so across, the photos upload well.
  • Post #975 - November 16th, 2019, 8:39 pm
    Post #975 - November 16th, 2019, 8:39 pm Post #975 - November 16th, 2019, 8:39 pm
    Wow, for 1 pound more the price jumped from $100 to $550. Amazing. Based on the price per pound on the sign, ours here in Salem are 14.4 pounds.
    Jim-Bob wrote:They also sell a 15.4 Iberico ham for $550 with a stand and knife.
  • Post #976 - November 16th, 2019, 10:28 pm
    Post #976 - November 16th, 2019, 10:28 pm Post #976 - November 16th, 2019, 10:28 pm
    Xexo wrote:Wow, for 1 pound more the price jumped from $100 to $550. Amazing. Based on the price per pound on the sign, ours here in Salem are 14.4 pounds.
    Jim-Bob wrote:They also sell a 15.4 Iberico ham for $550 with a stand and knife.

    Iberico is not the same as Serrano.
    Serrano is a Mercedes, Iberico is the Maybach.
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang
  • Post #977 - November 16th, 2019, 10:34 pm
    Post #977 - November 16th, 2019, 10:34 pm Post #977 - November 16th, 2019, 10:34 pm
    JoelF wrote:Iberico is the Maybach.

    The bellota, even more so.

    =R=
    There are many things that are legal that are not a great idea --Nick Shabazz

    Every human interaction is an opportunity for disappointment --RS

    There's a horse loose in a hospital --JM

    That don't impress me much --Shania Twain
  • Post #978 - November 16th, 2019, 11:25 pm
    Post #978 - November 16th, 2019, 11:25 pm Post #978 - November 16th, 2019, 11:25 pm
    I didn't know that. This place is always an education for me. Of course, I probably couldn't tell the difference between the two.

    I'll now go back to lurking.

    JoelF wrote:
    Xexo wrote:Wow, for 1 pound more the price jumped from $100 to $550. Amazing. Based on the price per pound on the sign, ours here in Salem are 14.4 pounds.
    Jim-Bob wrote:They also sell a 15.4 Iberico ham for $550 with a stand and knife.

    Iberico is not the same as Serrano.
    Serrano is a Mercedes, Iberico is the Maybach.
  • Post #979 - November 16th, 2019, 11:59 pm
    Post #979 - November 16th, 2019, 11:59 pm Post #979 - November 16th, 2019, 11:59 pm
    Xexo wrote:I'll now go back to lurking.

    Hope not. :)

    =R=
    There are many things that are legal that are not a great idea --Nick Shabazz

    Every human interaction is an opportunity for disappointment --RS

    There's a horse loose in a hospital --JM

    That don't impress me much --Shania Twain
  • Post #980 - November 17th, 2019, 9:30 am
    Post #980 - November 17th, 2019, 9:30 am Post #980 - November 17th, 2019, 9:30 am
    ronnie_suburban wrote:
    JoelF wrote:Iberico is the Maybach.

    The bellota, even more so.

    =R=

    Yes, when I was first introduced to bellota a slice was placed in my palm so I could experience it melting just from my body heat. Pricey but oh so worth it.
    Objects in mirror appear to be losing.
  • Post #981 - November 17th, 2019, 9:54 am
    Post #981 - November 17th, 2019, 9:54 am Post #981 - November 17th, 2019, 9:54 am
    Krakus is pretty decent. Not sure if you can get it at Costco.
    :lol:
    We cannot be friends if you do not know the difference between Mayo and Miracle Whip.
  • Post #982 - November 18th, 2019, 7:01 am
    Post #982 - November 18th, 2019, 7:01 am Post #982 - November 18th, 2019, 7:01 am
    Saw the Serrano one pictured above at the Mettawa Costco on Saturday.
  • Post #983 - November 19th, 2019, 5:15 am
    Post #983 - November 19th, 2019, 5:15 am Post #983 - November 19th, 2019, 5:15 am
    The Iberico is actually a good deal price wise as Belotta raised on acorns is usually is over $1k from La Tienda.
    The $99 Serrano is a steal.
    I ordered a Bellota from La Tienda and it took 5 years for FDA approval which included time to raise the pigs and feed on acorns.
    Yes, you can tell the difference and the Bellota is heaven but for $99, the Serrano is quite good. My granddaughter spent a semester in Spain this year and my daughter and family went to visit. Jamon abounded. I got some vacuum packed slice smuggled into the USA.
    -Richard
    Last edited by budrichard on November 20th, 2019, 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Post #984 - November 19th, 2019, 8:43 am
    Post #984 - November 19th, 2019, 8:43 am Post #984 - November 19th, 2019, 8:43 am
    budrichard wrote:Yes, you can tell the difference and the Bellota is heaven but for $99, the Serrano is quite good. My granddaughter spent a semester in Spain this year and my daughter and family went to visit. Jamon abounded. I got some vacuum packed slice smuggled into the USA.
    -Richard

    Having seen beagles in the baggage claim, and knowing that my late beagle would come bounding into the kitchen when I pulled frozen, vacuum-sealed pork out of the freezer, I never have risked trying to get the magic ham into the US.

    On pricing, Iberico Club (which somehow got onto my Facebook ad rotation) has a 10lb Bellota for $499, a 16lb one for $899. So there's definitely a premium on the Bellota, or a nice discount at Costco.
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang
  • Post #985 - November 20th, 2019, 9:47 am
    Post #985 - November 20th, 2019, 9:47 am Post #985 - November 20th, 2019, 9:47 am
    It is my understanding that the beagles are mainly looking for fruit.
  • Post #986 - November 20th, 2019, 10:13 am
    Post #986 - November 20th, 2019, 10:13 am Post #986 - November 20th, 2019, 10:13 am
    Smuggled a wide variety of hams and sausages into O'Hare from Spain without issue.
  • Post #987 - November 20th, 2019, 8:52 pm
    Post #987 - November 20th, 2019, 8:52 pm Post #987 - November 20th, 2019, 8:52 pm
    lougord99 wrote:It is my understanding that the beagles are mainly looking for fruit.

    You've got to train them for fruit, the ham they'll find for free.
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang
  • Post #988 - November 21st, 2019, 11:43 am
    Post #988 - November 21st, 2019, 11:43 am Post #988 - November 21st, 2019, 11:43 am
    Grabbed a 5 lb. bag of Organic Winter Blend Starbucks coffee beans the other day. Excellent brew! Medium-Dark roast. Highly recommended!
  • Post #989 - November 21st, 2019, 1:18 pm
    Post #989 - November 21st, 2019, 1:18 pm Post #989 - November 21st, 2019, 1:18 pm
    Xexo wrote:Spanish Serrano Ham at the Salem Oregon Costco for $99.99 with knife and holding rack. Last year a couple of Spanish women visiting Oregon bought 4 of them. Actually took all that were on the shelf.


    On her quarterly visit back to the Chicago house, my wife picked up one of these at the Lincoln Park store this morning.
    Coming to you from Leiper's Fork, TN where we prefer forking to spooning.
  • Post #990 - November 26th, 2019, 12:09 pm
    Post #990 - November 26th, 2019, 12:09 pm Post #990 - November 26th, 2019, 12:09 pm
    I was at LP Costco last night and they were out of the Serrano. I did ask a few people, most of which had no idea, and one person looked into it and found that they were receiving 55 more today. I'm not sure if they did, bc I called the 'South Loop' store this morning due to it's proximity to my office, and they had 5 left so I just went and scooped one up. Can't speak to the quality just yet, but I can't imagine that I'll be disappointed at that price point.

    Didn't ask about or see any Iberico at either location.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more