LTH Home

Root Beer Popsicles - where to buy?

Root Beer Popsicles - where to buy?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Root Beer Popsicles - where to buy?

Post #1 - May 28th, 2024, 10:52 pm
    Post #1 - May 28th, 2024, 10:52 pm Post #1 - May 28th, 2024, 10:52 pm
    Had a nostalgia hankering for these the other day but came up empty at a couple of different stores (Jewel, Sunset). Anyone seen them around lately? Web search returned results that I'd already discovered were inaccurate, so I'm looking for an actual sighting. Calling a store these days is hit or miss, I'd rather not spend any more of my time spinning those wheels.

Thanks,

=R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #2 - May 29th, 2024, 2:20 pm
    Post #2 - May 29th, 2024, 2:20 pm Post #2 - May 29th, 2024, 2:20 pm
    Make sure to eat them in private if you do find them. I've read that in several states, it is not legal to eat root beer popsicles unless you are wearing blue Keds gym shoes with white sox with two colored ring stripes stretched up to your knees. Chuck Taylors are permitted as well.
    We cannot be friends if you do not know the difference between Mayo and Miracle Whip.
    Pronoun: That fool over there
    Identifies as: A human that doesn't need to "identify as" something to try to somehow be interesting.
  • Post #3 - May 29th, 2024, 8:13 pm
    Post #3 - May 29th, 2024, 8:13 pm Post #3 - May 29th, 2024, 8:13 pm
    At Woodman's in Buffalo Grove..

Jonny Pops Old-Fashioned Root Beer Float

FatBoy Freeze Pop Root Beer Float
  • Post #4 - May 29th, 2024, 10:26 pm
    Post #4 - May 29th, 2024, 10:26 pm Post #4 - May 29th, 2024, 10:26 pm
    seebee wrote:Make sure to eat them in private if you do find them. I've read that in several states, it is not legal to eat root beer popsicles unless you are wearing blue Keds gym shoes with white sox with two colored ring stripes stretched up to your knees. Chuck Taylors are permitted as well.

Have you not seen my closet?! :lol:

polster wrote:At Woodman's in Buffalo Grove..

Jonny Pops Old-Fashioned Root Beer Float

FatBoy Freeze Pop Root Beer Float

Thank you. Am really hoping for the Twinpops of my youth -- and according to their website -- it seems they still make them but finding them has proven difficult. Even stores where they supposedly carry them do not stock this flavor. Still, I'm going to give these a try, and I really appreciate the in-tel.

=R=
  • Post #5 - May 30th, 2024, 8:52 am
    Post #5 - May 30th, 2024, 8:52 am Post #5 - May 30th, 2024, 8:52 am
    Were they ever sold as a single flavor?

I remember root beer being in the 'assorted' bag (I also remember trying to guess what flavor I had grabbed by the color showing through the mostly opaque white wrapper).

- zorkmead
  • Post #6 - May 30th, 2024, 9:18 am
    Post #6 - May 30th, 2024, 9:18 am Post #6 - May 30th, 2024, 9:18 am
    zorkmead wrote:Were they ever sold as a single flavor?

I remember root beer being in the 'assorted' bag (I also remember trying to guess what flavor I had grabbed by the color showing through the mostly opaque white wrapper).

- zorkmead

Good question. I don't remember. I *think* so but I'm not sure. As of now, none of the assorted packs contain the root beer flavor.

=R=
  • Post #7 - May 30th, 2024, 7:10 pm
    Post #7 - May 30th, 2024, 7:10 pm Post #7 - May 30th, 2024, 7:10 pm
    I kinda remember all-root beer packs of old fashioned twin popsicles as a common free coupon item at Superfresh on Lewis in Waukegan.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more