LTH Home

Need Source/Interview on Veggie-Focused Plates Movement

Need Source/Interview on Veggie-Focused Plates Movement
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Need Source/Interview on Veggie-Focused Plates Movement

Post #1 - April 6th, 2016, 9:44 pm
    Post #1 - April 6th, 2016, 9:44 pm Post #1 - April 6th, 2016, 9:44 pm
    Hello!

I'm a freelance journalist in Chicago and I'm doing an article for a local magazine on the general restaurant movement toward veggie-focused entrees/plates. I'd love to find someone among you all (or a referral) who could speak to this trend in Chicago and also the benefits (health, nature, environment, farming, etc.) of this movement among local restaurants. How and why is this veggie-focused movement taking off? When did it start? Who were the pioneers in Chicago (or nationally)?

I am interviewing a few restaurants already, but I would love to chat with someone who is an expert on this trend, farm-to-table, and can provide insights on the rise of veggie-plated popularity? Some veggie dishes are out-shining a good, ol' fashioned steak--e.g. imagine a rotisserie-style cauliflower head out-shining a filet mignon!

Please post replies and also provide a way for me to contact you (e.g. email) . Thank you!
  • Post #2 - April 7th, 2016, 8:00 am
    Post #2 - April 7th, 2016, 8:00 am Post #2 - April 7th, 2016, 8:00 am
    Not a Chicago resource but the cauliflower mention reminded me of this recent article:

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish/food/1.697196

We have eaten in his restaurants in Israel and Paris and I'm not ashamed to say that his roasted vegetable pita sandwich is my favorite thing of all the various offerings at his restaurants (and we've tried almost all).
  • Post #3 - April 18th, 2016, 7:07 pm
    Post #3 - April 18th, 2016, 7:07 pm Post #3 - April 18th, 2016, 7:07 pm
    Thanks for your tip! :)

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events