LTH Home

Random Food Pictures

Random Food Pictures
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • - November 1st, 2012, 3:51 pm
    - November 1st, 2012, 3:51 pm Post #1741 - November 1st, 2012, 3:51 pm
    Cathy2 wrote:I have never see more than about nine: peppers and cheese, sweet corn, pineapple, strawberry, chicken or pork with green or red sauce (four variations there) plus those with banana leaves instead of corn husks.

Yvolina, the tamale lady at the Pilsen Market (Sundays, June-October) lists 23 varieties. Most are Oaxacan style, wrapped in banana leaves. She doesn't have them all at any given time but if you get there early there will be a huge selection. I actually gave you half of one of her tamales a little over a year ago. Mike Sula wrote about her a few months ago, singling out her spinach and mushroom version. I never was lucky enough to try that one but still agree she makes some of the best around. Here are a couple of her tamales—pork in a spicy red sauce and chicken in some sort of mole, both terrific.

Unfortunately the market is closed for the season (last Sunday was the final day) but I think you could get in touch with her if you need a large order.

Yvolina's Tamales
    Facebook/Yvolina's
    312-731-3167
    yvolinas1@gmail.com

Edited to add contact info
    Last edited by Rene G on November 10th, 2012, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more