LTH Home

Back copies of Saveur - free to a good home!

Back copies of Saveur - free to a good home!
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Back copies of Saveur - free to a good home!

Post #1 - November 14th, 2004, 4:58 pm
    Post #1 - November 14th, 2004, 4:58 pm Post #1 - November 14th, 2004, 4:58 pm
    Well, really, the subject line says it, no?

There's a substantial collection of back issues, starting with No. 5. Doesn't include a copy of the issue No. 1 that went for about $200 on E-Bay recently [altho since I subscribed from the beginning, I have that sinking feeling that I just tossed it one day]. If you want to take them and see what you can get for them on E-Bay, that's fine, too, altho I'd rather they went to someone who'd eat them up, not sell them.

Many back issues of Chili Pepper magazine available, too. If I lived in a big, rambling house with a basement that didn't flood, I'd hang on to these. That not being the case, they should go to a fellow chowist.

Delivery even possible on North Side.

Also, if you do make a killing on E-Bay, and you're feeling generous, you could give me a really nice bottle of champagne. I love champagne.

Giovanna
    =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

"Enjoy every sandwich."

-Warren Zevon
  • Post #2 - November 14th, 2004, 5:02 pm
    Post #2 - November 14th, 2004, 5:02 pm Post #2 - November 14th, 2004, 5:02 pm
    Hey Gio,

I'll pick them up AND throw in a bottle of champagne.

Hammond
  • Post #3 - November 14th, 2004, 5:15 pm
    Post #3 - November 14th, 2004, 5:15 pm Post #3 - November 14th, 2004, 5:15 pm
    If you have other magazines to toss you might consider giving them to a local hospital.If I ever get my rear in gear that was my intention with my magazines.
  • Post #4 - February 16th, 2021, 2:07 pm
    Post #4 - February 16th, 2021, 2:07 pm Post #4 - February 16th, 2021, 2:07 pm
    Might be collectors items now. Saveur no longer publishing to "bring a renewed focus on its digital platforms." Replacing with a subscription to Magnolia Journal, or a refund.

-Will
  • Post #5 - February 17th, 2021, 1:27 pm
    Post #5 - February 17th, 2021, 1:27 pm Post #5 - February 17th, 2021, 1:27 pm
    They offered me Food and Wine or a refund.

I kept some back issues, but then, I saved some of the old Cuisine magazine, if anyone remembers that one :)
  • Post #6 - April 12th, 2023, 8:59 am
    Post #6 - April 12th, 2023, 8:59 am Post #6 - April 12th, 2023, 8:59 am
    WillG wrote:Might be collectors items now. Saveur no longer publishing to "bring a renewed focus on its digital platforms." Replacing with a subscription to Magnolia Journal, or a refund.

-Will

An email received from Kat Craddock, Editor-in-Chief / CEO
    Big things are happening over here at SAVEUR this week.
    Food media looks a bit different today than it did in the ’90s, and SAVEUR has played no small part in that evolution. After three years of overhauling our website and rebuilding our team with Recurrent, our deeply loved brand is poised for growth. Today, I’m thrilled to announce that I’ve partnered with an investor to purchase SAVEUR from its most recent parent company. Effective immediately, I, along with our core editorial team, will begin transitioning our operations to thrive as a nimble and independent publication.
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more