LTH Home

Today's The Day I'm Done With . . . . [Fill in the Blank]

Today's The Day I'm Done With . . . . [Fill in the Blank]
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 3 of 3 
  • Post #61 - September 18th, 2008, 5:20 pm
    Post #61 - September 18th, 2008, 5:20 pm Post #61 - September 18th, 2008, 5:20 pm
    Restaurant turkey burgers. Every time I decide to "be good" and order a turkey burger instead of a regular hamburger I wind up disappointed and often disgusted. From now on I'll only eat homemade turkey burgers that I know are good.
  • Post #62 - September 18th, 2008, 10:57 pm
    Post #62 - September 18th, 2008, 10:57 pm Post #62 - September 18th, 2008, 10:57 pm
    JackieK wrote:Restaurant turkey burgers. Every time I decide to "be good" and order a turkey burger instead of a regular hamburger I wind up disappointed and often disgusted. From now on I'll only eat homemade turkey burgers that I know are good.

Do you have a good recipe for turkey burgers perchance? I, too, have never had a good experience with restaurant turkey burgers.
  • Post #63 - September 30th, 2008, 9:25 pm
    Post #63 - September 30th, 2008, 9:25 pm Post #63 - September 30th, 2008, 9:25 pm
    Canned beans. Earlier this year, I read (here somewhere) of someone cooking dried beans and freezing them. It had never occurred to me to do that, even though I've always considered the canned flavor quite inferior. I used to open a can of black beans for nachos, eat them for days, and still throw some away when they got too old. Now I cook a dry pound, freeze, and thaw only the quantity I need. I've done this with garbanzos too, and now I make hummus a lot more often than before--again, the canned taste was kind of a deterrent. Better flavor, less waste, and cheaper too!

Many thanks to whomever mentioned freezing beans!

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more