LTH Home

Food Network USA: my conclusion

Food Network USA: my conclusion
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - October 1st, 2020, 10:55 am
    Post #31 - October 1st, 2020, 10:55 am Post #31 - October 1st, 2020, 10:55 am
    Jazzfood wrote:Remember when food network was educational instead of insipid?

Remember when the Bravo ("Real Housewives") Channel was just operas and fine arts programming?
  • Post #32 - October 2nd, 2020, 8:46 am
    Post #32 - October 2nd, 2020, 8:46 am Post #32 - October 2nd, 2020, 8:46 am

To paraphrase Sara Moulton, it went from educational to competition and cleavage.
    Cookingblahg.blogspot.com
  • Post #33 - October 8th, 2021, 9:24 am
    Post #33 - October 8th, 2021, 9:24 am Post #33 - October 8th, 2021, 9:24 am
    deadline.com wrote:Celebrity chef and Food Network star Bobby Flay is set to leave the Discovery-owned cable channel after talks on a new contract broke down, sources confirmed to Deadline.

According to Variety, which first reported the news, Flay’s contract expires at the end of the year, at which time Flay will exit. Talks had been ongoing but both sides were far apart on financial terms.

The development comes on the heels of Food Network closing a massive new deal with another long-time star, Guy Fieri, in May. The massive new three-year contract is said to be worth $80 million and more than doubled Fieri’s previous deal to make him the top-paid chef on cable TV.

Bobby Flay Set To Leave Food Network After 27 Years

=R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #34 - October 8th, 2021, 2:12 pm
    Post #34 - October 8th, 2021, 2:12 pm Post #34 - October 8th, 2021, 2:12 pm
    ronnie_suburban wrote:
    deadline.com wrote:Celebrity chef and Food Network star Bobby Flay is set to leave the Discovery-owned cable channel after talks on a new contract broke down, sources confirmed to Deadline....
    The development comes on the heels of Food Network closing a massive new deal with another long-time star, Guy Fieri, in May. The massive new three-year contract is said to be worth $80 million and more than doubled Fieri’s previous deal to make him the top-paid chef on cable TV.

Bobby Flay Set To Leave Food Network After 27 Years

=R=

For all that Guy Fieri is a lot he's been really good for Food Network's bottom line, and he's visibly enthusiastic at everything he does. Beat Bobby Flay has always seemed like Chopped Lite with a final round of "you get to battle me!" and he seems to phone in his other hosting duties. I won't miss him. He hasn't really been fun since Grillin' and Chillin'.
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang
  • Post #35 - October 8th, 2021, 3:00 pm
    Post #35 - October 8th, 2021, 3:00 pm Post #35 - October 8th, 2021, 3:00 pm
    JoelF wrote:For all that Guy Fieri is a lot he's been really good for Food Network's bottom line, and he's visibly enthusiastic at everything he does. Beat Bobby Flay has always seemed like Chopped Lite with a final round of "you get to battle me!" and he seems to phone in his other hosting duties. I won't miss him. He hasn't really been fun since Grillin' and Chillin'.
    I like Bobby Flay and BBF (via DVR, would never sit through commercials) because he isn't overly enthusiastic in a phony unrealistic way, and within the competitive cooking genre, he makes the best tasting/sounding food, with useful flavor strategies. I appreciate the intensity of Chopped, but the absurdity of the ingredients diminishes it so much. It's pure competition rather than good cooking, or even a food show. This is basically ending my interest in anything on the Food Network. Andrew Zimmern shows on the Cooking Channel which they own, I'll probably keep a look out for.
  • Post #36 - October 9th, 2021, 11:44 am
    Post #36 - October 9th, 2021, 11:44 am Post #36 - October 9th, 2021, 11:44 am

There are so many "competitions" I call it the Food Fight Network.
    Where there’s smoke, there may be salmon.
  • Post #37 - November 22nd, 2021, 8:31 am
    Post #37 - November 22nd, 2021, 8:31 am Post #37 - November 22nd, 2021, 8:31 am
    3 Year contract between Flay and the Food Network to stay through 2024.
    https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/bobby-flay-food-network-deal-1235116866/amp/

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more