LTH Home

Punchfork Replacement

Punchfork Replacement
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Punchfork Replacement

Post #1 - June 2nd, 2013, 9:30 am
    Post #1 - June 2nd, 2013, 9:30 am Post #1 - June 2nd, 2013, 9:30 am
    It's now been two months since Punchfork was shuttered and I haven't found a replacement that even comes close. Can anyone point me in the right direction of the best recipe aggregator going right now? Am I bound for disappointment with the alternatives?
  • Post #2 - June 2nd, 2013, 11:18 am
    Post #2 - June 2nd, 2013, 11:18 am Post #2 - June 2nd, 2013, 11:18 am
    itshissong wrote:It's now been two months since Punchfork was shuttered and I haven't found a replacement that even comes close. Can anyone point me in the right direction of the best recipe aggregator going right now? Am I bound for disappointment with the alternatives?

I never used punchfork, though I was curious as to what happened:

January 3rd, 2013

Dear Punchfork Community,

Today we are excited to share the news that Pinterest has acquired Punchfork!

Since launching in January 2011, our mission at Punchfork has been to help home cooks discover new, high quality recipes and share them with family and friends. It is a mission driven by a belief in the ability of web and mobile platforms to inspire our lives offline--at home, in our communities, and for Punchfork, wherever meals are shared.

To cooking aficionados, Pinterest needs no introduction. It stands as one of the fastest growing online services in history, and millions of people use it to find recipes every day. Pinterest is often described as a platform for inspiration, and we feel this aligns perfectly with the goals of Punchfork. We couldn't be more thrilled to join forces with the Pinterest team in San Francisco.

Initially, support for Punchfork will continue, but we will soon be retiring the Punchfork site, API and mobile apps. We believe that a unified destination benefits our users in the long run, and the Punchfork team will focus on contributing to Pinterest as the premier platform for discovering and sharing new recipes and other interests on the web.

Our sincerest thanks to our community members, friends, and everyone involved with Punchfork since its launch.

See you on Pinterest!

Jeff Miller
    CEO, Punchfork

Did Pinterest buy out a competitor or is their a Punchfork-type board on Pinterest?

Regards,
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #3 - June 5th, 2013, 2:52 pm
    Post #3 - June 5th, 2013, 2:52 pm Post #3 - June 5th, 2013, 2:52 pm
    I have used Foodgawker for a while now, and while I appreciated Punchfork's existence, I think Foodgawker does a great job of aggregating high quality recipes.
  • Post #4 - July 16th, 2013, 1:43 pm
    Post #4 - July 16th, 2013, 1:43 pm Post #4 - July 16th, 2013, 1:43 pm
    Cathy2 wrote:Did Pinterest buy out a competitor or is their a Punchfork-type board on Pinterest?

Regards,

Pinterest, as far as I understand did not buy out a competitor. They have recipes on their site, but only through their normal pin boards. Additionally, it often takes multiple clicks to get to a recipe and they are not organized in a particularly similar manner. From what I've heard, they mainly acquired Punchfork to get the back-end data aggregation and social media ranking formula developed by the man who created and ran Punchfork, Jeff Miller.
  • Post #5 - April 27th, 2021, 3:21 pm
    Post #5 - April 27th, 2021, 3:21 pm Post #5 - April 27th, 2021, 3:21 pm
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share that Punchfork is alive again:

https://www.punchfork.com

Thanks,

- The Punchfork Team

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close