LTH Home

Kevin Pang

Kevin Pang
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - December 2nd, 2021, 4:03 pm
    Post #31 - December 2nd, 2021, 4:03 pm Post #31 - December 2nd, 2021, 4:03 pm
    Plus he has a new YouTube show from ATK Hunger Pangs. With his dad as cohost.
    https://youtu.be/9aLBaLiNqaY

Kevin Pang, count me a fan !!
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #32 - December 3rd, 2021, 8:17 am
    Post #32 - December 3rd, 2021, 8:17 am Post #32 - December 3rd, 2021, 8:17 am
    This has stuck in my head for years. Kevin's parents were creating cooking videos to teach their children their family favorites. I was impressed.
    Cathy2 wrote:Kevin Pang is good enough for the New York Times:

My Father, the YouTube Star

“Why?” I asked during one of our weekly phone conversations. “Do you want a show on the Food Network or something?”

“You really want to know?” my dad asked in Chinese. “Your mom’s great-grandmother used to cook amazing Shanghainese food for her. She would dream about it. But when your mom was finally old enough to ask for the recipes, her great-grandmother had already developed dementia. She couldn’t even remember cooking those dishes. The only thing your mom had left was the memory of her taste. We’re afraid that if you wanted to eat your childhood dishes, and one day we’re both no longer around, you wouldn’t know how to cook it.”

This is pretty much why I encourage the Family Heirloom Recipe contest at State Fairs.

Excellent read!

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #33 - December 7th, 2021, 12:48 pm
    Post #33 - December 7th, 2021, 12:48 pm Post #33 - December 7th, 2021, 12:48 pm
    Huge fan too. Thanks for all the updates!

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more