LTH Home

The Great American Baking Show

The Great American Baking Show
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - May 5th, 2023, 4:32 am
    Post #31 - May 5th, 2023, 4:32 am Post #31 - May 5th, 2023, 4:32 am
    Three Chicagoans will be among competitors vying for a coveted Hollywood Handshake — and a cake plate — in the new season of “The Great American Baking Show,” which premieres Friday on The Roku Channel.

Over six episodes, nine amateur bakers will face off in weekly challenges, showcasing everything from their time-tested technique to the extravagant goods they can pull off with mere hours to bake.
While the American spinoff of “The Great British Baking Show” has released five seasons to date, the upcoming episodes are the first to be filmed in England and feature British judges Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith, alongside American hosts Ellie Kemper and Zach Cherry.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/c ... story.html
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #32 - May 5th, 2023, 8:50 am
    Post #32 - May 5th, 2023, 8:50 am Post #32 - May 5th, 2023, 8:50 am
    Hi,

I flipped it on this morning to see if I knew anyone. If I did, I did not recognize it.

All episodes have been dropped, I would prefer to have it staggered.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #33 - May 8th, 2023, 9:16 pm
    Post #33 - May 8th, 2023, 9:16 pm Post #33 - May 8th, 2023, 9:16 pm
    Hi,

I really liked the Great American Baking Show with Paul, Prue and a couple of low key master and mistress of ceremony.

There were three contestants from Chicago, which was quite fun to follow.

Paul and Prue kept commenting on strength of the American competitors. Surprise? We can bake, too! Of course, there was the American pie contest with most of the competitors using hot water crust, which is often associated with British bakes for pork pie and such. I understood why, because they were supposed to stack these pies and needed the strength associated with hot water crusts.

The final three were quite strong and each one could have won. Often a strong candidate gets knocked out, because that week's baking style was not their strong suit. In the final, everyone had some issues, so the final decision was related to their overall record, so the right person won.

I will never forget the year when the carpenter with a pencil behind his ear lost at the final round. He had been strong throughout with an excellent record, then poof! lost to a weaker overall candidate who had a better day at the final.

I try not to binge watch anything. I prefer it staggered. There I was watching all six episodes this weekend, because I needed to know how it all played out.

Regards,
    CAthy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #34 - May 13th, 2024, 10:58 pm
    Post #34 - May 13th, 2024, 10:58 pm Post #34 - May 13th, 2024, 10:58 pm
    Hi- The Great American Baking show is set to run starting the end of this month on the Roku channel. Paul Hollywood and Prie or whatever her name is, are hosting. I assume the show was filmed in the UK.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more