LTH Home

Clarkson's Farm on Amazon Prime.

Clarkson's Farm on Amazon Prime.
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Clarkson's Farm on Amazon Prime.

Post #1 - December 21st, 2021, 5:41 pm
    Post #1 - December 21st, 2021, 5:41 pm Post #1 - December 21st, 2021, 5:41 pm
    If you're looking for an enjoyable way to kill a few hours, Jeremy Clarkson, of the UK version of Top Gear, spends a COVID year operating a thousand-acre farm he bought a while back as an investment. The farmer that worked the land retired in 2019 and the COVID epidemic seemed like a good excuse for Clarkson to take over active duties on the farm. His sidekick in the series is a local barely out of his teens but well-acquainted with farming and there's also a land agent who makes sure he follows regulations and makes good planting decisions. It follows the first full year on the farm and does paint a dreary picture of modern problems farmer's face to survive. One of his primary crops was wheat and the protein content of the harvested wheatberries could make the difference between financial disaster and a meager profit. Fun to watch and you learn a little too.
    Last edited by spinynorman99 on December 22nd, 2021, 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
  • Post #2 - December 21st, 2021, 7:03 pm
    Post #2 - December 21st, 2021, 7:03 pm Post #2 - December 21st, 2021, 7:03 pm
    Fun show. I never knew of Clarkson or Top Gear until after I'd watched a few episodes. Definitely worth a worth and from what I understand, it will be back for a second season.

=R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #3 - December 21st, 2021, 8:24 pm
    Post #3 - December 21st, 2021, 8:24 pm Post #3 - December 21st, 2021, 8:24 pm
    There was an American documentary from a few years ago called "The Biggest Little Farm" which followed a couple's journey through their acquisition and 6-7 year growth of their 200-acre farm outside of LA. While interesting to watch it glossed over "minor" details such as where they got the money to acquire 200 of prime farmland in Southern California and it also omitted that they had 60 people helping out, including volunteers. Clarkson takes more of a "realistic" (it is a "reality" show) approach especially when he does a year-end accounting of the true cost of raising sheep (that his youthful but knowledgeable farmhand strongly advised against at the outset). He enjoyed having the sheep around the farm but the cost of caring for them made it a losing business decision.
  • Post #4 - December 22nd, 2021, 5:05 am
    Post #4 - December 22nd, 2021, 5:05 am Post #4 - December 22nd, 2021, 5:05 am
    Are you sure it’s on Netflix? I believe it’s on Amazon Prime Video.
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #5 - December 22nd, 2021, 8:30 am
    Post #5 - December 22nd, 2021, 8:30 am Post #5 - December 22nd, 2021, 8:30 am
    Dave148 wrote:Are you sure it’s on Netflix? I believe it’s on Amazon Prime Video.

You're probably right, I use them interchangeably.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more