LTH Home

Harold's Chicken vs. Harold's Shrimp & Chicken

Harold's Chicken vs. Harold's Shrimp & Chicken
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Harold's Chicken vs. Harold's Shrimp & Chicken

Post #1 - March 12th, 2022, 11:50 am
    Post #1 - March 12th, 2022, 11:50 am Post #1 - March 12th, 2022, 11:50 am
    On Lake Street in Downtown Oak Park, I was excited to see that a Harold's was opening in what used to be the Puree's Pizza place. But when I looked into it, turns out this wasn't going to be a place that's related to the Harold's Chicken places I used to visit on the southside when we lived in Kenwood. It was going to be a Harold's Shrimp & Chicken, a different company altogether.

Harold's Chicken is a long-time Chicago standard. Harold's Shrimp & Chicken is a new company, and I'd read on their site that their business model is to buy up places that sell pizza, and then retro-fit them to sell fried shrimp and chicken (and sometimes also pizza).

Both places are named Harold's, both have that name in a similar script-like font, and both sell fried chicken and fish.

I've had Harold's Chicken many times, but I don't believe I've ever had anything from Harold's Shrimp & Chicken, though I definitely will when the place in Oak Park opens (it's been re-done inside but, I've heard through the grapevine, the owners are waiting for licensing issues to be cleared up before they officially open -- it's been months now).

The name Harold's Shrimp & Chicken seems like a rather transparent effort to "confuse the consumer," and I wonder if anyone here has any further background information about Harold's Shrimp & Chicken.
    "Don't you ever underestimate the power of a female." Bootsy Collins
  • Post #2 - March 12th, 2022, 1:06 pm
    Post #2 - March 12th, 2022, 1:06 pm Post #2 - March 12th, 2022, 1:06 pm
    Hi,

On the southside of Chicago, there are a number of confusing almost-like businesses. A particular favorite to distort is JJ's Fish. Is that really JJ or a sly looking SS.

ReneG has documented many of these over the years.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more