LTH Home

Fans of Al's television taping

Fans of Al's television taping
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Fans of Al's television taping

Post #1 - December 7th, 2009, 5:39 pm
    Post #1 - December 7th, 2009, 5:39 pm Post #1 - December 7th, 2009, 5:39 pm
    I've been contacted by a production co that's filming a new show for the travel channel, to air in the spring. Telling the history of Italian Beef in Chicago and profiling both Al's and Mr. Beef and how these two places have been rivals for decades. The show will end with a blind taste test and a winner of this food war will be declared for that day. They'd like as many people as possible to be at Al's on Friday 12/11 between 11 30-1pm to talk about how they love the food, what makes it so great and why they would never eat anywhere else.

Of course I told them there was no need to go to Mr. Beef but that's the premise of the show. If this appeals to you then by all means, show up and support them and maybe hog some camera time for your mug.
    "In pursuit of joys untasted"
    from Giuseppe Verdi's La Traviata
  • Post #2 - December 7th, 2009, 6:29 pm
    Post #2 - December 7th, 2009, 6:29 pm Post #2 - December 7th, 2009, 6:29 pm
    sounds great , the al's on taylor yes
    philw bbq cbj for kcbs &M.I.M. carolina pit masters
  • Post #3 - December 7th, 2009, 6:37 pm
    Post #3 - December 7th, 2009, 6:37 pm Post #3 - December 7th, 2009, 6:37 pm
    There is but one Al's.
    "In pursuit of joys untasted"
    from Giuseppe Verdi's La Traviata
  • Post #4 - December 8th, 2009, 6:22 pm
    Post #4 - December 8th, 2009, 6:22 pm Post #4 - December 8th, 2009, 6:22 pm
    Hello Beef Fans,
    A new Travel Channel series is coming to Chicago this weekend to profile Mr. Beef and Al's Italian Beef. We will be filming at Al's No 1 Italian Beef. 1079 W Taylor St Chicago on Friday starting at 11:30am and we want as many Al's fans there as possible. We will be filming at Mr. Beef at 666 N. Orleans on Saturday starting at 11:00 am and we need as many Mr. Beef fans there as we can get. Finally, on Sunday we will be filming a taste off with 5 special guest judges at The Green Door 678 N Orleans St starting around 2 pm and we want fans of both places there to represent their favorite IB spots. Please contact me for more details.
  • Post #5 - December 12th, 2009, 8:18 am
    Post #5 - December 12th, 2009, 8:18 am Post #5 - December 12th, 2009, 8:18 am
    Anybody go to the Travel Channel show taping at Al's yesterday? We're contemplating heading down to Mr. Beef for today's taping at 11:00, but wondering if it's one of those cases of "it's so crowded, nobody goes there".
  • Post #6 - December 13th, 2009, 12:46 pm
    Post #6 - December 13th, 2009, 12:46 pm Post #6 - December 13th, 2009, 12:46 pm
    I did contact Josh and was invited to be a part of the taping as a 'Super Fan'. Went well and it was not too crowded. The best part was being able to have a pair of Al's Beefs. :) Twas great! Thanks Al's and Josh.

While not crowded to the gills it was a busy place with several of Al's family in attendance and the filming crew. There was also a steady stream of customers.

While I was there I was able to get a few food shots as well...

Sausage grilling over charcoal

Fries fresh in the fryer

This is for a new program called Food Wars on the Food Network.

This episode is scheduled to air on March 9th, 2010 but I was warned that the scheduled date might be changed.

It was a fun time! :)
    "Very good... but not my favorite." ~ Johnny Depp as Roux the Gypsy in Chocolat
  • Post #7 - March 6th, 2010, 4:01 pm
    Post #7 - March 6th, 2010, 4:01 pm Post #7 - March 6th, 2010, 4:01 pm
    Panther in the Den wrote:This is for a new program called Food Wars on the Food Network.

This episode is scheduled to air on March 9th, 2010 but I was warned that the scheduled date might be changed.

Indeed, the debut episode is March 9 at 9PM on Travel -- I'm sure it'll re-run a number of times.
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more