LTH Home

Taste Of Polonia

Taste Of Polonia
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Taste Of Polonia

Post #1 - September 1st, 2015, 8:29 am
    Post #1 - September 1st, 2015, 8:29 am Post #1 - September 1st, 2015, 8:29 am
    Anyone going? Friday through Monday in Jefferson Park.

Ive never been to it before. Wonder if its going to have some solid food or not.

http://topchicago.org/
    #SOUTHSIDESLITHER
  • Post #2 - September 1st, 2015, 11:22 am
    Post #2 - September 1st, 2015, 11:22 am Post #2 - September 1st, 2015, 11:22 am
    If you really enjoy dancing polka you can make the day/evening for the older women attending sitting there right by the stages just waiting to be asked to dance.
  • Post #3 - September 1st, 2015, 9:12 pm
    Post #3 - September 1st, 2015, 9:12 pm Post #3 - September 1st, 2015, 9:12 pm
    kenji wrote:If you really enjoy dancing polka you can make the day/evening for the older women attending sitting there right by the stages just waiting to be asked to dance.
    :lol:

I've attended two or three times (about 3 or 4 years ago). The food that I tried was very good. I particularly recall having some very tasty cabbage rolls.
  • Post #4 - September 2nd, 2015, 8:00 am
    Post #4 - September 2nd, 2015, 8:00 am Post #4 - September 2nd, 2015, 8:00 am
    mrsm wrote:
    kenji wrote:If you really enjoy dancing polka you can make the day/evening for the older women attending sitting there right by the stages just waiting to be asked to dance.
    :lol:

I've attended two or three times (about 3 or 4 years ago). The food that I tried was very good. I particularly recall having some very tasty cabbage rolls.

LOL im not sure if ill be doing the polka but im sure i will be watching with a few plates of cabbage rolls
    #SOUTHSIDESLITHER
  • Post #5 - September 3rd, 2015, 4:38 pm
    Post #5 - September 3rd, 2015, 4:38 pm Post #5 - September 3rd, 2015, 4:38 pm
    Alex, I neglected to mention in my previous response, there are quite a few food vendors at Taste of Polonia, some of which seem to be big operations, and some that appear to be more similar to a small ethnic restaurant. My approach was to gravitate to the smaller vendors. I don't recall their names.
  • Post #6 - September 2nd, 2019, 9:32 am
    Post #6 - September 2nd, 2019, 9:32 am Post #6 - September 2nd, 2019, 9:32 am
    Went to Taste of Polonia for first/last time yesterday. It was okay, but unlike my beloved Taste of Melrose Park, there is high uniformity of offerings among all the food purveyors, many of which represent large operations rather than the small family get-togethers common at ToMP. I'm going to guess that most of the vendors have over 70% of the same stuff: pierogi, polish sausage, cabbage rolls, etc. All good, but I prefer some variation in offerings.

A somewhat small but still irritating point: after 3pm, it's $10 to get in to what is essentially an open-air mall and food court selling mostly the same stuff.

My favorite part was going into what used to be the Gateway theater of my youth (now the Copernicus Center) to hear a Paderewski concert where once I went to see "Time Machine" and "Kid Galahad."
    "Don't you ever underestimate the power of a female." Bootsy Collins
  • Post #7 - September 1st, 2022, 4:03 pm
    Post #7 - September 1st, 2022, 4:03 pm Post #7 - September 1st, 2022, 4:03 pm
    Taste Of Polonia Celebrates 40th Anniversary In Jefferson Park This Weekend
    https://blockclubchicago.org/2022/09/01 ... s-weekend/
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events