LTH Home

Celebration of International Women's Day-3/8/21

Celebration of International Women's Day-3/8/21
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Celebration of International Women's Day-3/8/21

Post #1 - March 3rd, 2021, 9:20 am
    Post #1 - March 3rd, 2021, 9:20 am Post #1 - March 3rd, 2021, 9:20 am
    This popped up in my email. I'm intrigued. There is a great collection of Chicago chefs and interesting menu items. Three courses plus dessert for two is $85 before taxes/fees with multiple pick-up options.

POWER. PARITY. POSITIVE COLLABORATION.
    DINNER + CONVERSATION

What better way to celebrate International Women's Day than to Dine Together as one city to celebrate women? Twenty of Chicago's leading Let's Talk women restaurateurs invite you to our collaborative surprise multi-restaurant tasting dinners for takeout (pick up & delivery) across Chicago. This unparalleled dining experience is paired with a moderated zoom conversation by Congresswoman Marie Newman with our Chicago Let’s Talk Womxn restaurateurs (now 30 strong) on March 8th 7-8pm. Dinner orders must be placed by March 4th. Support Let's Talk and share this event and order link with all in your circles.

More details and to order here.
    -Mary
  • Post #2 - March 9th, 2021, 10:14 am
    Post #2 - March 9th, 2021, 10:14 am Post #2 - March 9th, 2021, 10:14 am
    We really enjoyed this event. Our meal consisted of a flatbread from Kasama, Vietnamese influenced caramelized pork rice bowl from Found Kitchen, pork belly lettuce ssam with rice, pickled garlic and radish from Parachute and a cheesecake from goat cheese with a citrus sauce from Bistronomic. I was too hungry to take photos of the earlier courses, though we still have the flatbread. Dessert was lovely.

Our meal was accented by the hour long Zoom webinar with some kick a$$ Chicago women chefs. I was inspired by their commitment to their craft as well as their support of each other. Rohini Dey from Vermillion is a force.

https://letstalkwomxn.com/
    -Mary
  • Post #3 - March 10th, 2021, 12:10 am
    Post #3 - March 10th, 2021, 12:10 am Post #3 - March 10th, 2021, 12:10 am
    Hi,

In the USSR circa 1980's, you would have been treated by a meal cooked by your husband. It was effectively their Mother's Day.

Back then a friend had an office overlooking Federal Plaza. On March 8, 1980-something, only a small group of woman were seen making any response.

Things do change over time.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more