Illinois History Conference, Springfield, Oct 6-7
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Illinois History Conference, Springfield, Oct 6-7

Post #1 - October 5th, 2022, 9:26 am
    Post #1 - October 5th, 2022, 9:26 am Post #1 - October 5th, 2022, 9:26 am
    Illinois History Conference

Abraham Lincoln Library and Museum

October 6-7, 2022

Cynthia and I are on a panel on Friday afternoon. Cynthia will talk about touring Illinois, which relates to her book, Destination Heartland: A Guide to Discovering the Midwest's Remarkable Past. I will talk about the information gathered over 13 years of Family Heirloom Recipe Contests at the Illinois State Fair.

A third panelist is Nancy Webster of the Highland Park Historical Society talking about the photographic documentation of log cabins at the turn of the 20th century. The Daughters of the American Revolution made this a project because it was recognized this type of construction was fading. There are a number of images from Highland Park.
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #2 - October 5th, 2022, 12:26 pm
    Post #2 - October 5th, 2022, 12:26 pm Post #2 - October 5th, 2022, 12:26 pm
    And because I'm always doing historic research, I hope to find a horseshoe sandwich while I'm in Springfield. :)
    "All great change in America begins at the dinner table." Ronald Reagan

http://midwestmaize.wordpress.com
  • Post #3 - October 9th, 2022, 11:46 am
    Post #3 - October 9th, 2022, 11:46 am Post #3 - October 9th, 2022, 11:46 am
    Managed to score a couple of horseshoes plus was introduced to Springfield chilli (to Ls intentional). Just learned in another thread that there are still other delights to discover in Springfield. So many choices, so little time.
    "All great change in America begins at the dinner table." Ronald Reagan

http://midwestmaize.wordpress.com

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more