LTH Home

Site maintenance and downtime - June 19-21

Site maintenance and downtime - June 19-21
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Site maintenance and downtime - June 19-21

Post #1 - June 15th, 2020, 10:37 pm
    Post #1 - June 15th, 2020, 10:37 pm Post #1 - June 15th, 2020, 10:37 pm
    Hi all,

In order to help resolve the lag and outages we've experienced lately, we're going to take the site down over the weekend and do some business under the hood. That means that the site could be down from sometime on Friday evening through Sunday afternoon. Most likely, it will be a shorter window than that but if you try to access the site over the weekend and find it down, you'll know why.

Also, we try to update our facebook page when outages occur. If the site's down (with or without warning) checking there will often provide you with additional information.

Thanks, for your patience and understanding.

=R=
    for the Moderators
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #2 - June 18th, 2020, 1:56 pm
    Post #2 - June 18th, 2020, 1:56 pm Post #2 - June 18th, 2020, 1:56 pm
    HI,

So this weekend while LTH is getting software fixes and other useful stuff, I suggest we all make this a productive food weekend.

Cook something interesting for Father's Day or just because the weather is terrific. Try something new to eat while you are out and about. When LTH is back, please report on your exploits.

My plans? Buy a carp and replicate a recipe I enjoyed over 30 years ago. It was my other life when I bought live carp who swam around the bathtub until time to cook. These are recipes I really liked, but never made again since that chapter of my life closed.

Please enjoy your weekend with family and friends. I look forward to learning what you ate.

Best wishes,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #3 - June 19th, 2020, 4:23 pm
    Post #3 - June 19th, 2020, 4:23 pm Post #3 - June 19th, 2020, 4:23 pm
    Nice idea, Cathy!

Here's an update: the plan is to take the site down sometime tomorrow morning after 6 am, so posts made until that time should be safe. While the forums may appear to still be open after 6 am tomorrow, it's possible that posts made after that point may not survive. So, until the maintenance is complete, it's best to keep back-ups of your Friday night and Saturday morning posts, just in case. I typically copy and paste them into an email to myself before I click submit.

Hopefully, it will go more quickly than we've planned for.

Thanks again, for your patience and understanding.

=R=
    for the Moderators
  • Post #4 - June 20th, 2020, 10:58 am
    Post #4 - June 20th, 2020, 10:58 am Post #4 - June 20th, 2020, 10:58 am
    Hi all,

The maintenance is complete and we're back up and running. Please let us know if you encounter any problems, glitches or other irregularities with the site.

Many thanks,

=R=
    for the Moderators
  • Post #5 - June 28th, 2020, 11:24 am
    Post #5 - June 28th, 2020, 11:24 am Post #5 - June 28th, 2020, 11:24 am
    Not sure if it's just me, but I keep getting an error when I try and post a pic. I wanna share some more love for Joseph's! :)

Previously, id get a site error saying the photo couldn't be uploaded. But now I'm getting a chrome browser error saying the site cannot currently handle this request.

Using a galaxy s10 on Verizon if that helps.
  • Post #6 - June 28th, 2020, 11:36 am
    Post #6 - June 28th, 2020, 11:36 am Post #6 - June 28th, 2020, 11:36 am
    WhyBeeSea wrote:Not sure if it's just me, but I keep getting an error when I try and post a pic. I wanna share some more love for Joseph's! :)

Man How I Love pics from Joseph's!

LTH site upload is not working for me, or others, at the moment, though I understand the admins are on it like kong on a donkey.

I've been using https://imgbox.com/ to post pics with good results. After a (very) slight learning curve its super easy. I almost always use a PC desktop to post, never my iPhone and seldom my laptop. Using a desktop simply seems easier for this semi Luddite.

I have a few web sites up and running, http://www.lowslowbbq.com for one and about a million pics on http://www.gwiv.com I've long since forgotten how to post pics to a web site. I suppose I could relearn but most of my free time is taken up posting angry negative screeds to twitter.
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #7 - June 28th, 2020, 11:43 am
    Post #7 - June 28th, 2020, 11:43 am Post #7 - June 28th, 2020, 11:43 am
    G Wiv wrote:
    WhyBeeSea wrote:Not sure if it's just me, but I keep getting an error when I try and post a pic. I wanna share some more love for Joseph's! :)

Man How I Love pics from Joseph's!

LTH site upload is not working for me, or others, at the moment, though I understand the admins are on it like kong on a donkey.

I've been using https://imgbox.com/ to post pics with good results. After a (very) slight learning curve its super easy. I almost always use a PC desktop to post, never my iPhone and seldom my laptop. Using a desktop simply seems easier for this semi Luddite.

I have a few web sites up and running, http://www.lowslowbbq.com for one and about a million pics on http://www.gwiv.com I've long since forgotten how to post pics to a web site. I suppose I could relearn but most of my free time is taken up posting angry negative screeds to twitter.

Thanks, Gary. You are correct. The inline image upload feature is currently down. We're trying to restore it but it will likely be a few more days. Images uploaded at outside servers (services, ftp, etc.) will display correctly in the forums if they are jpg's that actually have .jpg extensions.

If you don't have a place to upload your images, feel free to email them to me and I will send you back working links you can embed in your posts. If you don't have my email address, just PM me and I'll give it to you.

We really appreciate your patience during this frustrating feature outage. Rest assured, though, we are aware of it and doing our best to resolve it.

Thanks,

=R=
    for the Moderators
  • Post #8 - June 28th, 2020, 7:56 pm
    Post #8 - June 28th, 2020, 7:56 pm Post #8 - June 28th, 2020, 7:56 pm
    Thanks all. Wasn't a huge deal but wanted to make sure you were aware, if you weren't.

I can hold off on the pics. Not a huge deal!

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more