LTH Home

FoodFirst Blog from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

FoodFirst Blog from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • FoodFirst Blog from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Post #1 - October 11th, 2005, 10:19 pm
    Post #1 - October 11th, 2005, 10:19 pm Post #1 - October 11th, 2005, 10:19 pm
    For years on Chowhound, FoodFirst was very helpful unraveling various Asian food issues. She is an American who has lived in Vietnam, Thailand and now currently Malaysia. Her husband's business commitments have allowed her this opportunity to live in Asia.

Years ago, FoodFirst with the help of her Thai-language teacher made the first efforts at translating Spoon Thai and Yum Thai menus. While she did not have the benefit to tweak her translations with the restaurant owners, her efforts pierced the veil to authentic Thai food in Chicago.

While FoodFirst writes the text, her husband Dave is the photographer.

Regards,
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #2 - October 4th, 2017, 12:38 pm
    Post #2 - October 4th, 2017, 12:38 pm Post #2 - October 4th, 2017, 12:38 pm
    Thanks for posting Cathy, I'm digging through some archives for an upcoming trip to KL.
    I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be.
  • Post #3 - October 5th, 2017, 1:27 pm
    Post #3 - October 5th, 2017, 1:27 pm Post #3 - October 5th, 2017, 1:27 pm
    Apropos of nothing KL, the woman we once knew lovingly as Foodfirst but mostly now known by her given name of Robyn Eckhardt, has written a soon to be released, and I've heard, well regarded, cookbook on Turkey:

https://istanbulandbeyondcookbook.com/
    Think Yiddish, Dress British - Advice of Evil Ronnie to me.
  • Post #4 - December 2nd, 2018, 11:45 am
    Post #4 - December 2nd, 2018, 11:45 am Post #4 - December 2nd, 2018, 11:45 am
    Meanwhile, Robyn has moved to Piedmont, Italy.
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more