LTH Home

Taqueria el Asadero – Carne Asada contender

Taqueria el Asadero – Carne Asada contender
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Taqueria el Asadero – Carne Asada contender

Post #1 - March 16th, 2018, 10:27 pm
    Post #1 - March 16th, 2018, 10:27 pm Post #1 - March 16th, 2018, 10:27 pm
    I nominate Taqueria el Asadero as a Great Neighborhood Restaurant. Taqueria el Asadero is a diminutive storefront Mexican restaurant serving top-drawer dishes, mostly meat-based. The carne asada here draws the most attraction, and it is superb and flavorful. But I have also delved into its other meats, and found them worthy of selection.
    The LTHF thread with the plurality of mentions of Taqueria el Asadero is this one. :o
    I am not the type who likes to chat up owners, or servers, of the restaurants I visit. I figure they are busy serving other customers. So I can't vouch for the perceived friendliness of here. It certainly seems like a cordial & welcoming atmosphere. :wink:

Taqueria el Asadero
    2213 W. Montrose Ave.
    Chicago, IL. 60618
    World-Wide Web link
    (773) 583-5563
    Valuable links for survival, without the monetization attempt: https://pqrs-ltd.xyz/bookmark4.html
  • Post #2 - March 21st, 2018, 8:20 am
    Post #2 - March 21st, 2018, 8:20 am Post #2 - March 21st, 2018, 8:20 am
    I'm surprised this place isn't already a GNR. My favorite carne asada taco on the northside. Freshly fried chips when dining in are an added bonus. Green salsa is delicious. Always friendly service. Big fan of this place.
  • Post #3 - March 21st, 2018, 8:37 am
    Post #3 - March 21st, 2018, 8:37 am Post #3 - March 21st, 2018, 8:37 am
    I gave up beef starting 1/1/16. Prior to that I was a diehard regular of Asadero getting a carne asada burrito for dinner 2-3 times a week. It's so obviously better than all other carne asada options I've tried (anywhere, ever). The GNR recognition is warranted on that alone.

Their salsa verde is also key, in that it packs enough heat to meaningfully compliment the juicy beef. The burrito style of meat w/ lettuce, tomato, onion and cilantro (ie. no beans, cheese, or sour cream) makes for a much cleaner taste. If you really have a flavorful protein, why would you water it down with all that filler?

If carne asada is your taqueria meat of choice, this is unequivocally your best option.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more