LTH Home

New China Station

New China Station
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • New China Station

Post #1 - March 19th, 2018, 4:20 pm
    Post #1 - March 19th, 2018, 4:20 pm Post #1 - March 19th, 2018, 4:20 pm
    I would like to nominate New China Station for a GNR. Ever since the Tony Hu empire started to disintegrate, it's been harder and harder to find decent carryout Szechuan food. New China Station has come along to fill that void. Despite the "hole in the wall" location, the food coming out of the kitchen is first rate, with a few dishes that make the place destination worthy! I'd like to give a shout out to DaBeef for first alerting me to this place on Instagram. As usual, he managed to find an unheralded location operating at the top of their game.

The dry Chile Fish Filet is a must order for me every time, but even mundane dishes like pot stickers are a highlight.

The main thread is here viewtopic.php?p=520342, but NCS has been mentioned in several other threads as well, including Ronnie Suburban's 2017 Good Friday Food Crawl and a couple best of 2017 lists.

Jazzfood described the pot stickers as "Plump, porky and juicy, served w/chili oil and vinegar and ginger. One of the better I've had."

Annak said, "we too enjoyed the potstickers, and had a few different chicken dishes which were all remarkable for the chicken being perfectly cooked. kung pao, moo shu (great vegetables), and fried rice."

bweiny added, "The portion size cannot be emphasized enough. For under $28 pre-tip, I was handed what felt like a 25lbs free weight. But this is not just a value option, really great quality, especially on the fish."

jpaec2 said, "I have lived in Wicker park for about 9 years now and for a very long time have struggled to find chinese delivery that wasn't too pricey (Dee's) that still was above average. I am happy to say that after a couple of orders New China Station is officially checking the box."

G Wiv opines, "Really digging New China Station! Terrific eat-in lunch today, Dry Chili Fish Fillet, Potstickers, Kung Pao Chicken, even the free with over $30 purchase chicken fried rice was kick-ass. New China Station, count me a Fan!"

New China Station
    2411 W North Ave
    Chicago, IL 60647
    (773) 252-1023
    Steve Z.

“Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Post #2 - March 19th, 2018, 5:29 pm
    Post #2 - March 19th, 2018, 5:29 pm Post #2 - March 19th, 2018, 5:29 pm
    Dried Chile Fish Fillet is the star, but there's definitely more that will bring you back. The place I miss the most since I moved. Yes. Bigly.
    "In pursuit of joys untasted"
    from Giuseppe Verdi's La Traviata
  • Post #3 - March 19th, 2018, 7:27 pm
    Post #3 - March 19th, 2018, 7:27 pm Post #3 - March 19th, 2018, 7:27 pm
    New China Station is a terrific GNR nomination, Count me a Fan!
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #4 - March 20th, 2018, 6:57 am
    Post #4 - March 20th, 2018, 6:57 am Post #4 - March 20th, 2018, 6:57 am
    Cannot support this nomination enough. I've never had a bad thing from NCS and the stars of the menu (dry chili chicken, original kung pao, cumin lamb) rival or surpass the heyday of LSC.
  • Post #5 - March 31st, 2018, 10:39 am
    Post #5 - March 31st, 2018, 10:39 am Post #5 - March 31st, 2018, 10:39 am
    As somebody who loves spicy Chinese takeout, but had some misses when trying various spots after moving to the Logan/Bucktown border a few years ago... So I was thrilled to read about New China Station here! Since that time, it has become our regular go-to for carryout/delivery Chinese. I'd fully endorse them receiving GNR status!

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more