LTH Home

Guess the Restaurant #354

Guess the Restaurant #354
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Guess the Restaurant #354

Post #1 - May 8th, 2016, 10:04 pm
    Post #1 - May 8th, 2016, 10:04 pm Post #1 - May 8th, 2016, 10:04 pm
    This is a pretty memorable sign, I'm guessing there are some out there who know it well, but I've always gotten a kick out of it.
    dnec.jpg Do Not Enter Car
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang
  • Post #2 - May 28th, 2018, 10:22 pm
    Post #2 - May 28th, 2018, 10:22 pm Post #2 - May 28th, 2018, 10:22 pm
    The sign is classic JungLish (or ChinGlish), so it must be a Chinese restaurant. In Taipei, there was a sign in an alley in the "tourist" part of town that said "STOP Urinate Here". I once got an electronic part from China with a slip that warned "Soil yourself thoroughly before handling". Other than a couple of Chinese to English anecdotes, I've got nothing.
  • Post #3 - May 29th, 2018, 7:25 am
    Post #3 - May 29th, 2018, 7:25 am Post #3 - May 29th, 2018, 7:25 am
    d4v3 wrote:The sign is classic JungLish (or ChinGlish), so it must be a Chinese restaurant. In Taipei, there was a sign in an alley in the "tourist" part of town that said "STOP Urinate Here". I once got an electronic part from China with a slip that warned "Soil yourself thoroughly before handling". Other than a couple of Chinese to English anecdotes, I've got nothing.

You are correct... and after all this time perhaps another clue is needed -- the North Lunch group has visited here (but it has since changed management and I no longer recommend it).
    -- Lin Yutang
  • Post #4 - May 29th, 2018, 2:11 pm
    Post #4 - May 29th, 2018, 2:11 pm Post #4 - May 29th, 2018, 2:11 pm
    JoelF wrote:
    d4v3 wrote:The sign is classic JungLish (or ChinGlish), so it must be a Chinese restaurant. In Taipei, there was a sign in an alley in the "tourist" part of town that said "STOP Urinate Here". I once got an electronic part from China with a slip that warned "Soil yourself thoroughly before handling". Other than a couple of Chinese to English anecdotes, I've got nothing.

You are correct... and after all this time perhaps another clue is needed -- the North Lunch group has visited here (but it has since changed management and I no longer recommend it).

Golden Chef!
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #5 - May 30th, 2018, 7:26 am
    Post #5 - May 30th, 2018, 7:26 am Post #5 - May 30th, 2018, 7:26 am
    Dave148 wrote:Golden Chef!

We have a winner
    -- Lin Yutang

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more