LTH Home

Mastiqua Greek Lemonade

Mastiqua Greek Lemonade
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Mastiqua Greek Lemonade

Post #1 - November 6th, 2022, 12:46 pm
    Post #1 - November 6th, 2022, 12:46 pm Post #1 - November 6th, 2022, 12:46 pm
    I saw this in the bottled water area at Fresh Farms Niles and was intrigued enough to try a bottle. Had to Google “Greek mastic”and “mastima water”. The beverage has a unique flavor that’s hard to describe. Closest thing I can think of is pine sap. It’s very refreshing. Don’t think it’s for everyone but I liked it so much that I picked-up a case of 12 today. I get 2 servings from one 8oz. bottle.
  • Post #2 - November 11th, 2022, 2:42 pm
    Post #2 - November 11th, 2022, 2:42 pm Post #2 - November 11th, 2022, 2:42 pm
    The Greek palate gravitates to resinous flavors (e.g. the resinous retsina wine which took on the flavor of the pine resin that was used to seal the containers) so this must be a non-alcoholic way to get that pine sap flavor.
  • Post #3 - November 11th, 2022, 5:05 pm
    Post #3 - November 11th, 2022, 5:05 pm Post #3 - November 11th, 2022, 5:05 pm
    This week I picked-up a bottle of the Mastiqua sparkling water. The flavor was a lot more muted. Don’t think I will purchase again. I wonder if there is something about pairing it with sugar that brings out the flavor. I don’t drink sugared beverages often which is a good thing with this lemonade because it is fairly pricey. The case will last me quite awhile.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more