LTH Home

DiCarlos Mundelein - Bottle Shop!

DiCarlos Mundelein - Bottle Shop!
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • DiCarlos Mundelein - Bottle Shop!

Post #1 - February 14th, 2009, 5:45 am
    Post #1 - February 14th, 2009, 5:45 am Post #1 - February 14th, 2009, 5:45 am
    Perhaps this is old news, but I happened to stop into DiCarlos at route 60 & 45. I haven't been there is quite awhile, but they completely re-did their beer area and are now selling most of their beers by the bottle. They have several hundred and quite the selection ranging in price from 1.19 for something like Abita's Turbo Dog to 5.59 for Goose Island Bourbon County Stout. Most are less than $2. Their formula for singles seems to be 6 pack price divided by 6 plus perhaps .05 or .10 I love to try new beers but never want to commit to a 6 pack just in case I don't like. Be careful at the register though, 2 of my individual bottles originally rang up at the 6 pack price.

DiCarlo Fine Wines
    425 Townline Rd.
    Mundelein, IL 60060
    847-566-4600
  • Post #2 - April 20th, 2020, 11:14 am
    Post #2 - April 20th, 2020, 11:14 am Post #2 - April 20th, 2020, 11:14 am
    Just got a notice that DiCarlo's is closing -- and they're having a massive clearance. The email I just got says 40% off wines, 25% off all liqueurs, and 25% off all beer. Everything must go. Always sad to see a venerable business close down -- but I figure someone on this list can benefit from this.
    "All great change in America begins at the dinner table." Ronald Reagan

http://midwestmaize.wordpress.com
  • Post #3 - April 20th, 2020, 9:03 pm
    Post #3 - April 20th, 2020, 9:03 pm Post #3 - April 20th, 2020, 9:03 pm
    That is sad news. Di Carlo's is the best around here. I'm quite surprised. There's nothing about this on their website.
    "Your swimming suit matches your eyes, you hold your nose before diving, loving you has made me bananas!"
  • Post #4 - April 21st, 2020, 12:49 pm
    Post #4 - April 21st, 2020, 12:49 pm Post #4 - April 21st, 2020, 12:49 pm
    I have gotten their newsletter for years, and that's how I received the sad news. I suspect that, once the regulars have gotten a chance to make selections, they will change the website. Unless the regulars clear them out.

• Post #5 - April 25th, 2020, 11:15 am
    Post #5 - April 25th, 2020, 11:15 am Post #5 - April 25th, 2020, 11:15 am
    Just got this notice from DeCarlo's:
    LAST FEW DAYS LEFT ! LAST CHANCE TO STOCK UP AT THIS PRICE !
    WE ARE CLOSING OUR STORE THIS MONTH !
    EVERYTHING MUST GO ! WE HAVE MANY BEER LED SIGNS TO SALE !
    Everything in store, 50% off.

• Post #6 - April 25th, 2020, 6:59 pm
    Post #6 - April 25th, 2020, 6:59 pm Post #6 - April 25th, 2020, 6:59 pm
    I went over to DiCarlos a couple of days ago and took advantage of the sales to buy some things I normally wouldn't splash out for. I would say the stock was about half gone at the time, maybe more. I feel stocked up for the rest of the year.

I didn't recognize anyone who was working there and couldn't help wondering if the ownership/management had changed hands in the last year or so. I mention this because a neighbor or two was not at all interested when I said they were closing, saying their prices had not been competitive lately, and I can't really disagree.

I said I was sorry to hear they were closing and was told they were looking for a place to reopen after the current crisis. Will it be in Mundelein? I asked. The response was noncommital. I gathered that staying in town was not a priority.

I said that I recalled visiting another DiCarlos or Armanetti's somewhere a bit west of here, maybe Lake Zurich? Somewhere between here and Crystal Lake. The person I talked to was at pains to tell me that Armanetti's was the distributor (or wholesaler or whatever) and that the individual shops were individually owned, i.e., shopping at other DiCarlos locations would not help them. Nonetheless, I think I'll look up the address of that other store.
    "Your swimming suit matches your eyes, you hold your nose before diving, loving you has made me bananas!"

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more