LTH Home

Anybody drink coconut water?

Anybody drink coconut water?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Anybody drink coconut water?

Post #1 - September 3rd, 2017, 7:14 pm
    Post #1 - September 3rd, 2017, 7:14 pm Post #1 - September 3rd, 2017, 7:14 pm
    What is it with coconut water? Jewel has at least one freebie, and usually two every week through their mymixx program. I don't often take advantage of the freebies, because they are usually things that are not very healthy. It seems like at least once a month, they give away a free carton of coconut water. I got a carton of it a few months ago only because it was free. It is still sitting in my fridge. I tried to give it away a few times, and nobody wanted it. Is this stuff any good? I might bring it to the picnic to see if anybody wants it. Thanks, Nancy
  • Post #2 - September 7th, 2017, 2:45 pm
    Post #2 - September 7th, 2017, 2:45 pm Post #2 - September 7th, 2017, 2:45 pm
    on hot summer days after being outdoors and doing heavy duty work/sports, I drink coconut water but it isn't a regular beverage for me. Mrs Willie uses it daily in her morning smoothies.

While vacationing in the Caribbean/Mexico/SE Asia, I've had many a coconut water.
    I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be.
  • Post #3 - September 11th, 2017, 6:46 pm
    Post #3 - September 11th, 2017, 6:46 pm Post #3 - September 11th, 2017, 6:46 pm
    In the mid 70's when I was sailing through the south pacific without any refrigeration, when we came across someone willing to give us cool coconut water, it was heaven on earth.

Actually getting coconut water from fresh coconuts is something of a challenge. It requires machetes and ice picks and a great deal of effort.
  • Post #4 - June 25th, 2019, 9:37 am
    Post #4 - June 25th, 2019, 9:37 am Post #4 - June 25th, 2019, 9:37 am
    lougord99 wrote:Actually getting coconut water from fresh coconuts is something of a challenge. It requires machetes and ice picks and a great deal of effort.

No longer true! It's not often I laugh out loud in the produce section at Jewel, but I couldn't help myself when I saw these pop-top coconuts.

The folks at Melissa's wrote:The coconut comes with its own straw (just look under the coconut!), has an easy-open pop-top (no more machetes!), and sits on a recyclable cardboard band, so you can set it down on a table (no rolling around!). This absolutely delicious coconut really has it all.

Only $4.99 each.
  • Post #5 - June 25th, 2019, 8:48 pm
    Post #5 - June 25th, 2019, 8:48 pm Post #5 - June 25th, 2019, 8:48 pm
    Rene G wrote:I saw these pop-top coconuts.

The folks at Melissa's wrote:The coconut comes with its own straw (just look under the coconut!), has an easy-open pop-top (no more machetes!), and sits on a recyclable cardboard band, so you can set it down on a table (no rolling around!). This absolutely delicious coconut really has it all.

Only $4.99 each.

I'm very curious as to how these pop-tops work.

I like the kind of cocoanut water you buy in the cocoanut for less than a buck at roadside stands in the Caribbean and elsewhere. The stuff in bottles and cans tastes different, less delicious, kind of like the difference between fresh pulque and canned pulque.
    "Don't you ever underestimate the power of a female." Bootsy Collins
  • Post #6 - June 25th, 2019, 9:00 pm
    Post #6 - June 25th, 2019, 9:00 pm Post #6 - June 25th, 2019, 9:00 pm
    David Hammond wrote:
    Rene G wrote:I saw these pop-top coconuts.

Only $4.99 each.

I'm very curious as to how these pop-tops work.

I like the kind of cocoanut water you buy in the cocoanut for less than a buck at roadside stands in the Caribbean and elsewhere. The stuff in bottles and cans tastes different, less delicious, kind of like the difference between fresh pulque and canned pulque.

I also have a tomato vending machine I'd like to sell you:

• Post #7 - June 26th, 2019, 12:10 am
    Post #7 - June 26th, 2019, 12:10 am Post #7 - June 26th, 2019, 12:10 am
    David Hammond wrote:I'm very curious as to how these pop-tops work.

I imagine it would taste like the real thing. The shelf life is probably shorter though, with a hole drilled through the shell (I think the pop-top simply acts as a removable plug; or maybe the hole doesn't go all the way through?). It could be amusing to take one of these into a meeting instead of a cup of coffee or bottle of water, casually pop it open, and sip away.

Santander wrote:I also have a tomato vending machine I'd like to sell you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qba9Tc_JfIM

For those who haven't watched the Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards video, the vending machine is called Automato. They should've gotten a prize for the name alone.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more