LTH Home

Metropolitan Chicago Summer Beer Festivals

Metropolitan Chicago Summer Beer Festivals
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Metropolitan Chicago Summer Beer Festivals

Post #1 - June 12th, 2019, 12:13 am
    Post #1 - June 12th, 2019, 12:13 am Post #1 - June 12th, 2019, 12:13 am
    I did not find much about this here on LTHF. So I had better add it.
    On Tuesday, I booked myself into They are both reachable via public transportation.
    I chose the general admission for Barrington ($43.00)(3:00 - 6:45 pm) and the Iron Brewer admission for Oak Park ($63.99)(1:30 - 6:45 pm).
    The chief reason I post this now is because these are 'Early Bird' prices which will go off-sale on Sunday, 16 June. :wink:
    They are both very good beer festivals, although they are also quite different. You will glimpse many macro brewers at Barrington (because I think the city goes through suburban distributors). But this has the side effect of a distributor pulling out a keg or two of something that just was not moving {and is approaching its Pull-By Date} because suburban venues did not want to give it a tap handle.
    The Oak Park festival is out in the open on the public streets. Non-attendees, including families with young children, are amidst the craft beer drinkers. Seven Generations Ahead, the sustainability non-profit organization, runs this in association with the Illinois Craft Brewers Guild, and its selections skew toward craft beers. {doh} :D
    Go check the ticket detail pages I link to. Keep in mind these fests will go on rain or shine, and there are no refunds.
    Valuable links for survival, without the monetization attempt: https://pqrs-ltd.xyz/bookmark4.html
  • Post #2 - June 12th, 2019, 5:35 am
    Post #2 - June 12th, 2019, 5:35 am Post #2 - June 12th, 2019, 5:35 am
    FWIW, I help out with Sketchbook Brewing at beer festivals. Right now, I'm scheduled to be pouring Sketchbook beer at Morton Arboretum's Craft Beer Festival, Saturday June 22. C'mon by and say hi. You can have a beer on me.
  • Post #3 - June 8th, 2022, 10:29 pm
    Post #3 - June 8th, 2022, 10:29 pm Post #3 - June 8th, 2022, 10:29 pm
    I mentioned it in this thread in 2019. I should mention it again here. :)
    It is the 15th Anniversary of the Oak Park Microbrew Review; Saturday, 20 August 2022.
    It occurs on Marion St. both north and south of the railroad overpass in downtown Oak Park [100 N. Marion St. 60301]. For 2022, there are two levels:
    • Iron Brewer (opens @ 1:00 pm - $84.99)
    • Main Event (opens @ 2:00 pm - $63.99)
    The festival finishes @ 6:00 pm.
    As I scribed back in 2019; the festival is out in the open on the public streets. Non-attendees, including families with young children, are amidst the craft beer drinkers. Seven Generations Ahead, the sustainability non-profit organization, runs this in association with the Illinois Craft Brewers Guild, and its selections skew toward craft beers. {doh}
    I will buy a ticket to this, but I believe I will skip the Iron Brewer hour.
    Valuable links for survival, without the monetization attempt: https://pqrs-ltd.xyz/bookmark4.html

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more