LTH Home

Limoncello Lacroix [and other flavored sparkling waters]

Limoncello Lacroix [and other flavored sparkling waters]
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 3 of 3 
  • Post #61 - May 9th, 2022, 12:43 pm
    Post #61 - May 9th, 2022, 12:43 pm Post #61 - May 9th, 2022, 12:43 pm
    seebee wrote:La Croix "Beach Plum" - thought I wouldn't like this, but...I get a real strong hit of Hawaiian Punch in the aftertaste. Love it.

Funny seebee, just popped open a Beach Plum for my lunch at work today. This is my daughter's favorite flavor. I like it too. Never gave the name any thought until today. I just thought the name implied plum flavor with a tropical vibe, but I was wrong.

From Wikipedia:Beach Plum (or Prunus maritima) is a deciduous shrub, in its natural sand dune habitat...The species is grown commercially to make jam.[12] Although it is bitter or sour it can be eaten out of hand. Beach plums are much smaller in size when compared to the longer cultivated Asian varieties found in the supermarket.

• Post #62 - May 16th, 2022, 3:06 pm
    Post #62 - May 16th, 2022, 3:06 pm Post #62 - May 16th, 2022, 3:06 pm
    Looking forward to trying the LaCroix beach plum. Shopping day is tomorrow, so maybe later this week.

In the meantime, I saw three flavor combinations of S. Pellegrino 'Essenza' 8-packs at Fresh Farms. I couldn't resist temptation/curiosity and plunked down $5.99 for an 8-pack of the Tangerine & Wild Strawberry cans (11.5 fluid ounces). For my palate, I'd have to rate these "U" for undrinkable. I should have known better because in these types of applications, Strawberry usually ends up being awful, and that was certainly the case here.

I'll be taking the remaining 7 cans to work tomorrow, where I'll surreptitiously put them in the fridge and hope no one sees me doing it. 8) They will certainly test the limits of the 'everyone loves free stuff' axiom. :lol:

=R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #63 - May 17th, 2022, 12:12 pm
    Post #63 - May 17th, 2022, 12:12 pm Post #63 - May 17th, 2022, 12:12 pm
    Ron -
    Upthread, I warned against San Pellegrino's new flavors. Just awful. I had high hopes, expecting some kind of Italian goodness, but...blech.
    We cannot be friends if you do not know the difference between Mayo and Miracle Whip.
    Pronoun: That fool over there
    Identifies as: A human that doesn't need to "identify as" something to try to somehow be interesting.
  • Post #64 - May 17th, 2022, 1:48 pm
    Post #64 - May 17th, 2022, 1:48 pm Post #64 - May 17th, 2022, 1:48 pm
    seebee wrote:Ron -
    Upthread, I warned against San Pellegrino's new flavors. Just awful. I had high hopes, expecting some kind of Italian goodness, but...blech.

Yeah, I should have scrolled back. Disaster in a can. I giggled to myself this morning because I was actually relieved that no one was in the lunch room when I tucked those remaining 7 cans into the fridge. No witnesses! 8) :lol:

=R=
  • Post #65 - May 25th, 2022, 2:29 pm
    Post #65 - May 25th, 2022, 2:29 pm Post #65 - May 25th, 2022, 2:29 pm
    Still yet to try the new LaCroix Beach Plum because our local Jewel didn't have it (or many other flavors, for that matter) but I did try LaCroix's (new?) Peach-Pear, which is okay. The flavor mostly approximates the essence of pear skin. Based on its name, there must be some peach in there too but I wasn't really able to pick it up. Not that it's ever going to happen but I'd be curious to try it without the peach and see what the difference might be.

When it comes to these waters, I've come to accept that I'm mostly interested in continuously trying newer flavors. My second priority is not burning out on the older flavors, a few of which I've come to enjoy. And lastly, I plan to avoid the lesser flavors for good. For the most part, if something's on sale and I haven't already decided I don't like it, I'm very likely to try it. There's no strong brand or flavor loyalty developing for me.

=R=
  • Post #66 - June 10th, 2022, 2:56 pm
    Post #66 - June 10th, 2022, 2:56 pm Post #66 - June 10th, 2022, 2:56 pm
    Finally tried the LaCroicks (sic) Beach Plum. I actually liked it, even though it's generically fruity and didn't have anything particular distinct to offer. It's at the top of my rotation for now, until I burn out on it.

Mango, one of the last remaining LaCroicks flavors still available in 12-packs (massively irksome to at least a few of us), was a bust though. Initial aroma reminded me of spoiled milk and while the finish vaguely approached some kind of mango, it was mainly the kind of mango a seasoned shopper would leave on the shelf. A big thumbs down from me.

=R=
  • Post #67 - June 13th, 2022, 10:45 am
    Post #67 - June 13th, 2022, 10:45 am Post #67 - June 13th, 2022, 10:45 am
    ronnie_suburban wrote:Finally tried the LaCroicks (sic) Beach Plum.
    =R=

It's pronounced Le Crotch.

"Fronch bread, Fronch Fries, and of course, PERU!"
    We cannot be friends if you do not know the difference between Mayo and Miracle Whip.
    Identifies as: A human that doesn't need to "identify as" something to try to somehow be interesting.
  • Post #68 - June 13th, 2022, 10:59 am
    Post #68 - June 13th, 2022, 10:59 am Post #68 - June 13th, 2022, 10:59 am
    seebee wrote:
    ronnie_suburban wrote:Finally tried the LaCroicks (sic) Beach Plum.
    =R=

It's pronounced Le Crotch.

"Fronch bread, Fronch Fries, and of course, PERU!"

LMAO - got it! :lol: Thanks!

=R=
  • Post #69 - June 14th, 2022, 7:20 am
    Post #69 - June 14th, 2022, 7:20 am Post #69 - June 14th, 2022, 7:20 am
    My Jewel:
    "Just 4 You coupon - $3.84 La Croix 12 packs. UNLIMITED USE!"

Also My Jewel:
    "We don't sell La Croix 12 packs anymore. But we have plenty of these new 8 packs. They are on sale for $4 each. Feel free to stock up!"
  • Post #70 - June 27th, 2022, 2:17 pm
    Post #70 - June 27th, 2022, 2:17 pm Post #70 - June 27th, 2022, 2:17 pm
    Avoid the Kirkland brand cans of seltzer water. Harsh bubble and no flavor.

Nałęczowianka sparkling water and Spindrift are my current favorites.

Giovanna
    =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

"Enjoy every sandwich."

-Warren Zevon
  • Post #71 - July 5th, 2022, 12:54 pm
    Post #71 - July 5th, 2022, 12:54 pm Post #71 - July 5th, 2022, 12:54 pm
    AHA brand Pineapple Passionfruit:
    zzzzzzzzz
    Totally boring. One 12, er, 8 pack, and it'll be the last. Faint flavor, mostly faint pineapple. Boring.
  • Post #72 - September 8th, 2022, 1:11 am
    Post #72 - September 8th, 2022, 1:11 am Post #72 - September 8th, 2022, 1:11 am
    Hi- I posted this in Jewelry too. I received a specialized price of $2.49 on my J4U for Polar sparkling water, and I just noticed it is for a 12 pack, which is a really good deal. I just looked on their website, and apparently they do have 12 packs. Is there any flavor that is especially good? I don't think I have bought it before. The personalized price is unlimited too. I also have a personalized price of $3.74 for La Croix, but all of their cartons have been downsized to 8 cans. Thanks, Nancy
  • Post #73 - September 8th, 2022, 6:06 am
    Post #73 - September 8th, 2022, 6:06 am Post #73 - September 8th, 2022, 6:06 am
    Polar orange vanilla is great.
  • Post #74 - May 30th, 2023, 3:38 pm
    Post #74 - May 30th, 2023, 3:38 pm Post #74 - May 30th, 2023, 3:38 pm
    As a huge lover of Polar Orange Vanilla, I jumped at the new Waterloo Orange Vanilla. (The Polar is only locally available at Mariano's, where I don't usually shop; Waterloo is at Whole Foods.)
    I had high hopes but it is very strange - tastes like rootbeer, with no discernible citrus.
  • Post #75 - May 30th, 2023, 4:25 pm
    Post #75 - May 30th, 2023, 4:25 pm Post #75 - May 30th, 2023, 4:25 pm
    Rando thoughts:

Still absolutely loving on LaCroix Cherry Blossom, Beach Plum, Key Lime. and Limoncello.

Food For Less, and Marianos are still selling 12 packs of Lacroix. They must have played nicey nice with the distributor or mfr or something. Just scored 12 packs for 3.99 each, which, sadly, is a great price these days.

Jewel's "Soleil" brand has some new flavors, most notably a "yuzu." Tried it, enjoyed it. Family liked it far more than I did. They LOVED it. Very grapefruity imo. Not bad or anything. I was just hoping for more of a sour/tangy yuzu flavor. Not saying it was bad tho.

Kroger house brand has been fairly consistently the best prices recently. Their flavors are anything but interesting, even tho they sound good: StrawberryLemonade, Blackberry Citrus, Cotton Candy (didn't try.) Nothing great, although we do stock up on their watermelon when it's on sale.

Still waiting for Polar to go on some kind of sale so I can try their Ginger Mule.
  • Post #76 - June 27th, 2023, 10:13 am
    Post #76 - June 27th, 2023, 10:13 am Post #76 - June 27th, 2023, 10:13 am
    so...despite there being tons of news items in 2018 about its launch and how amazon was going to conquer la croix, it seems they are quietly discontinuing the Whole Foods 365 brand sparkling waters? It's been impossible to get almost any of the flavors for a few months now and the amazon site says "currently unavailable"; someone on reddit says they called like WF stores and were told of the discontinuation. no news items on google though.
    we take this as a personal bummer because 365 black cherry is heads and shoulders above all the others (waterloo, bubbly, polar) and now we're hoarding like 3 lingering cans of it. boo!
  • Post #77 - July 12th, 2023, 8:13 am
    Post #77 - July 12th, 2023, 8:13 am Post #77 - July 12th, 2023, 8:13 am
    Looks like Waterloo has expanded their offerings at my Jewel, at least. Tried the "Tropical Fruit," and I think I REALLY like it. I remembered the mention of the Orange Vanilla being odd, so I skipped it. But Jewel has an unlimited $1.00 off coupon that might make it worth a try.

Another few notables:
    Jewel's "Soleil" brand has a new Ginger Mule, and Lime Margarita. I like them both. They definitely have a sweet aftertaste, but no sweeteners, so, if you don't like the sweet flavors, they might not be for you.
  • Post #78 - August 25th, 2023, 8:30 am
    Post #78 - August 25th, 2023, 8:30 am Post #78 - August 25th, 2023, 8:30 am
    If you happen to be in a Costco, and you happen to like LaCroix Limoncello, check if they have a combo case with 12 Limoncello, 6 Grapefruit and 6 Black Raspberry. My Costco has an unmarked sale. The shelf price is 8.89, but they are ringing up with a 2.00 instant mark-off (not displayed anywhere,) so they are $6.89 per case of 24. I found out yesterday that the limit is 5 per transaction.
  • Post #79 - August 25th, 2023, 9:52 am
    Post #79 - August 25th, 2023, 9:52 am Post #79 - August 25th, 2023, 9:52 am
    Thanks for bumping the thread, seebee. I sometimes forget about it.

Fwiw, I've been enjoying the Soleil Yuzu Citrus lately. I suspect that I'll burn out on it sooner than later but it's my current favorite. I didn't realize it was a Jewel brand. While I do a lot of our shopping, sometimes stuff just shows up here and I have no idea where it came from. :lol:

=R=
  • Post #80 - September 25th, 2023, 6:57 am
    Post #80 - September 25th, 2023, 6:57 am Post #80 - September 25th, 2023, 6:57 am
    In case anyone does it like I does it:
    Jewel has 2 things goin on for this week's sale.
    1. J4U coupon for Soleil 8pks at $2.37. In my experience, which is like 3 times in the past so far - their programming has been strict on the varieties that are included. My coupon lists a dozen varieties included, but Yuzu and Margarita are NOT displayed. I might check anyway, because at 2.37, those two flavors are worth a try. As it is, the only flavor I'll stock up on that is shown as included, is pineapple. The others are not a fan fave over here.

Polar 8 packs are 2.49 when you buy them in quantities of 4. I'll buy a decent amount of these:
    Orange Vanilla
    Ginger Lime Mule
    Strawberry Watermelon
    Blueberry Lemonade

Bubly hasn't had a decent sale in a long time, imo. I'm kinda jonesing to try their new flavors, but I won't unless they are priced decently since I'm a cheap bastage:
    Key Lime!!!
    Lemon Sorbet
    Orange Cream
  • Post #81 - October 20th, 2023, 5:48 pm
    Post #81 - October 20th, 2023, 5:48 pm Post #81 - October 20th, 2023, 5:48 pm
    seebee wrote:
    Bubly hasn't had a decent sale in a long time, imo. I'm kinda jonesing to try their new flavors, but I won't unless they are priced decently since I'm a cheap bastage:
    Key Lime!!!
    Lemon Sorbet
    Orange Cream

My usual stop for canned flavored water was out of my go-to, the LaCroix Limoncello, so I took a chance and grabbed some Bubly Lemon Sorbet. I haven’t been a big fan of the Bubly flavors I’ve tried in the past but I was pretty impressed with this one. It may become my new go-to. Hope it sticks around. Might be “splurge-worthy”, Seebee.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more