LTH Home

Drizly delivery service

Drizly delivery service
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Drizly delivery service

Post #1 - January 21st, 2021, 9:07 pm
    Post #1 - January 21st, 2021, 9:07 pm Post #1 - January 21st, 2021, 9:07 pm
    Has anyone else had good or eccentric experiences with Drizly, the gimmick of which is drink delivery in under an hour leveraging existing local beverage stores? I had two deliveryfolk nearly collide on the sidewalk trying to get to the house at the same time about 25 minutes after I click-ordered (not actually intending to order from multiple stores). I can barely imagine communicating the orders over the phone and going for curbside in that time. Looking at the charges, the vendor (Drizly) flag fee is $2 per store involved, but the individual store delivery fees vary from free to $5 plus discretionary tip, and the product was not significantly marked up; it felt worth it at least in the moment, especially with lots of local breweries and distillers represented since the stores stock 'em.

TimeOut had this roundup in November and I'd be interested to know of other successes or pitfalls. Prime (while essential to us for some pantry staples) has broken a few olive oil and iced tea bottles on our stairs so I'm not sure I'd trust them with wine delivery yet though I'd imagine they must have a less indifferent packaging system for booze.
  • Post #2 - January 21st, 2021, 11:01 pm
    Post #2 - January 21st, 2021, 11:01 pm Post #2 - January 21st, 2021, 11:01 pm
    I've used it successfully a few times and I think it's a pretty reasonable fee for a quick delivery of alcohol (including sometimes very fair prices for hard to find bottles). But I also had an issue where a driver delivered a similar, but wrong, bottle. It was delivered as a gift so the recipient didn't realize the delivery was wrong and opened it up. After a little pressure and back-and-forth, they refunded the entire amount and my friend kept the bottle.
  • Post #3 - February 2nd, 2021, 9:20 am
    Post #3 - February 2nd, 2021, 9:20 am Post #3 - February 2nd, 2021, 9:20 am
    Well, somebody thought it was a great idea . . .

CNBC wrote:Uber announced Tuesday it is acquiring alcohol-delivery service Drizly for $1.1 billion in stock and cash.

Following the completion of the transaction, Drizly’s marketplace will be integrated with the Uber Eats app. The company will keep the standalone Drizly app as well, it said.

Founded in 2012, Drizly has become the leading on-demand alcohol delivery service in the U.S. and is available in 1,400 cities. The purchase could help drive people to use Uber’s app more often.

Uber agrees to buy alcohol delivery service Drizly for $1.1 billion

=R=
    Same planet, different world

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events