LTH Home

question about heating up cold brew

question about heating up cold brew
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • question about heating up cold brew

Post #1 - March 5th, 2021, 9:22 am
    Post #1 - March 5th, 2021, 9:22 am Post #1 - March 5th, 2021, 9:22 am
    I normally make my coffee using a porlex mini hand grinder + aeropress, but since I injured my wrist, I am looking into an alternate way of making coffee (not using a drip coffee maker). Has anyone had good results adding hot water to cold brew concentrate (e.g. Chameleon cold brew) to make a cup of hot coffee?
  • Post #2 - March 5th, 2021, 12:08 pm
    Post #2 - March 5th, 2021, 12:08 pm Post #2 - March 5th, 2021, 12:08 pm
    shorty wrote:I normally make my coffee using a porlex mini hand grinder + aeropress, but since I injured my wrist, I am looking into an alternate way of making coffee (not using a drip coffee maker). Has anyone had good results adding hot water to cold brew concentrate (e.g. Chameleon cold brew) to make a cup of hot coffee?

Can’t answer your question but I will say, as a many year devotee of Chemex pour over, I switched to a Moccamaster and have been thrilled—best coffee I’ve ever had. And having had some wrist and thumb issues over the past year myself, I love not having to do anything but push a button! https://www.roastmasters.com/kbg.html
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad." Miles Kington
  • Post #3 - March 5th, 2021, 12:16 pm
    Post #3 - March 5th, 2021, 12:16 pm Post #3 - March 5th, 2021, 12:16 pm
    Perhaps this is sacrilege, but use the microwave to heat up our cold brew after adding additional water.
    -Mary
  • Post #4 - March 5th, 2021, 12:34 pm
    Post #4 - March 5th, 2021, 12:34 pm Post #4 - March 5th, 2021, 12:34 pm
    shorty wrote:I normally make my coffee using a porlex mini hand grinder + aeropress, but since I injured my wrist, I am looking into an alternate way of making coffee (not using a drip coffee maker). Has anyone had good results adding hot water to cold brew concentrate (e.g. Chameleon cold brew) to make a cup of hot coffee?

There is nothing magical about cold brew concentrate that differentiates it from good old coffee concentrate (other than not having been heated in the first place). They can be "reconstituted" with hot water.
  • Post #5 - March 5th, 2021, 12:50 pm
    Post #5 - March 5th, 2021, 12:50 pm Post #5 - March 5th, 2021, 12:50 pm
    spinynorman99 wrote:

There is nothing magical about cold brew concentrate that differentiates it from good old coffee concentrate (other than not having been heated in the first place). They can be "reconstituted" with hot water.

I thought that all coffee concentrates were cold brew. Thanks for the info.
  • Post #6 - March 5th, 2021, 12:53 pm
    Post #6 - March 5th, 2021, 12:53 pm Post #6 - March 5th, 2021, 12:53 pm
    boudreaulicious wrote:

Can’t answer your question but I will say, as a many year devotee of Chemex pour over, I switched to a Moccamaster and have been thrilled—best coffee I’ve ever had. And having had some wrist and thumb issues over the past year myself, I love not having to do anything but push a button! https://www.roastmasters.com/kbg.html

I will have to look into this chemex method of brewing coffee. It looks a lot easier on the wrist.
  • Post #7 - March 5th, 2021, 6:33 pm
    Post #7 - March 5th, 2021, 6:33 pm Post #7 - March 5th, 2021, 6:33 pm
    shorty wrote:
    boudreaulicious wrote:

I will have to look into this chemex method of brewing coffee. It looks a lot easier on the wrist.

The pouring part of the pourover process was hard on my wrist. So not sure how you’ll like it. That’s why (one reason—the many tales of a superior coffee experience was the other) I switched to the Moccamaster, which has exceeded expectations.
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad." Miles Kington
  • Post #8 - March 8th, 2021, 2:04 pm
    Post #8 - March 8th, 2021, 2:04 pm Post #8 - March 8th, 2021, 2:04 pm
    boudreaulicious wrote:
    shorty wrote:
    boudreaulicious wrote:

The pouring part of the pourover process was hard on my wrist. So not sure how you’ll like it. That’s why (one reason—the many tales of a superior coffee experience was the other) I switched to the Moccamaster, which has exceeded expectations.

Ok. Thanks.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more