LTH Home

Blue Bottle Coffee

Blue Bottle Coffee
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Blue Bottle Coffee

Post #1 - July 28th, 2005, 1:38 pm
    Post #1 - July 28th, 2005, 1:38 pm Post #1 - July 28th, 2005, 1:38 pm
    A few weeks ago, while in San Francisco, I had the opportunity to try some Blue Bottle Coffee at the Ferry Farmer's Market. I liked it so much, I ended up taking a couple of bags home with me.

Blue Bottle is a small micro roaster of quality beans located in Oakland. I've had the opportunity now to try three of their blends. This is really well crafted coffee. You can taste nuances and hints of roasting elements that I don't taste often in coffee. I went through my two pounds pretty quickly and ordered two more by mail. The beans that came today smell absolutely wonderful.

The thing I love about Blue Bottle is their commitment to quality. They only roast on Mondays, so shipments only go out once a week-either Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. The beans have a wonder ful deep complex fragrance and are oily and fresh looking when they arrive.

I'm a home town homer when it comes to Intelligentsia. But, I must admit that Blue Bottle is a far superior product in comparison to what I have bought even in Intelligentsia's retail locations.

Blue Bottle's Coffee is $16 a pound which includes shipping. I like a little heavy cream in my coffee and find that their 3 Africans and Giant Steps blends take dairy really well.

Visit their website and see what you think.

www.bluebottlecoffee.net
  • Post #2 - August 2nd, 2005, 3:43 pm
    Post #2 - August 2nd, 2005, 3:43 pm Post #2 - August 2nd, 2005, 3:43 pm
    I, too, enjoyed the Blue Bottle coffee while at the Ferry Building farmer's market. My friend, who lives in Oakland has it delivered to her house.
    Like all of the produce and products I found at the Ferr Building, I thought it was superior to our hometown favorites.
    That farmer's market was one of the most amazine eperiences in my life. One vendor at Frog Hollow asked me if I wanted to try the best pear I have ever tasted. I did and it was. It makes me really jealous to think about all of the wonderful produce they have access to!
  • Post #3 - December 15th, 2020, 1:15 pm
    Post #3 - December 15th, 2020, 1:15 pm Post #3 - December 15th, 2020, 1:15 pm
    Blue Bottle Coffee will open its first location in Chicago next year. The craft coffee company plans to open a cafe in River North at the new Wolf Point East apartment tower on the Chicago River in the spring of 2021. Future locations in the city will follow.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/c ... story.html
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more