LTH Home

Howard Street Brewing Opens in Rogers Park

Howard Street Brewing Opens in Rogers Park
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Howard Street Brewing Opens in Rogers Park

Post #1 - June 7th, 2022, 5:14 am
    Post #1 - June 7th, 2022, 5:14 am Post #1 - June 7th, 2022, 5:14 am
    Howard Street Brewing likes to call itself Chicago’s northernmost brewery — and it’s true. The tiny taproom where beer is served from an even tinier adjoining brewery sits on Howard Street (naturally), beside the Red Line stop and a half-mile from Lake Michigan. Walk across the street and over a block and you’re in Evanston.

Just as notable, though, is the larger picture of where Howard Street Brewing is located: in a part of the Rogers Park neighborhood that has struggled to attract and retain businesses, especially community gathering spots. A half-dozen vacant storefronts are a short walk from the new brewery, whose founder Chuck Patella wants to bring both commerce and a community linchpin to the neighborhood.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/d ... story.html
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #2 - June 17th, 2022, 1:29 pm
    Post #2 - June 17th, 2022, 1:29 pm Post #2 - June 17th, 2022, 1:29 pm
    On Sunday, using a three-day Ventra Pass, I sent myself to Howard St. Brwg..
    It is the second brewery to open in what was formerly a motion picture theatre. {I will let you guess what was the first.}
    It is intriguing in that it brews both ales and lagers. For its lagers (the 4th image below), it uses a certain kveik ale yeast which mimics that of lagers. This is its attempt to have the same brewing and lagering process.
    It is a nice place. Its mildly perplexing aspect is that to get its wi-fi password, you {would} have to scan a QR Code. Since I have only a laptop computer which cannot scan a QR Code, a staff member had to show me the screen on her mobile phone.
    So I am going to annotate here that the password is HSB1617! :roll:
    It shares the washroom with that of Sol Café next door.
    Image Image Image Image It is a bring-your-own-food venue.
    Valuable links for survival, without the monetization attempt: https://pqrs-ltd.xyz/bookmark4.html
  • Post #3 - June 17th, 2022, 5:49 pm
    Post #3 - June 17th, 2022, 5:49 pm Post #3 - June 17th, 2022, 5:49 pm
    pudgym29 wrote:[color=#941414]
    It is the second brewery to open in what was formerly a motion picture theatre. {I will let you guess what was the first.}

Shotz Brewery?
    Bill-Plainfield
  • Post #4 - December 20th, 2023, 6:40 am
    Post #4 - December 20th, 2023, 6:40 am Post #4 - December 20th, 2023, 6:40 am
    Howard Street Brewing Company Closing This Week In Rogers Park

https://blockclubchicago.org/2023/12/13 ... gers-park/
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #5 - December 26th, 2023, 7:05 pm
    Post #5 - December 26th, 2023, 7:05 pm Post #5 - December 26th, 2023, 7:05 pm
    Willkat98 wrote:
    pudgym29 wrote:It is the second brewery to open in what was formerly a motion picture theatre. {I will let you guess what was the first.}
    Shotz Brewery?
    No, you silly. I meant a real Chicago brewery and a real Chicago motion picture theatre. :P
    The answer is Forbidden Root on W. Chicago Ave. The address was formerly the "Hub" Theater. I cannot tell you what movies it was showing in its last days without dropping LTHF into another rating. :shock:
    Valuable links for survival, without the monetization attempt: https://pqrs-ltd.xyz/bookmark4.html
  • Post #6 - December 27th, 2023, 2:02 pm
    Post #6 - December 27th, 2023, 2:02 pm Post #6 - December 27th, 2023, 2:02 pm
    pudgym29 wrote:
    Willkat98 wrote:
    pudgym29 wrote:It is the second brewery to open in what was formerly a motion picture theatre. {I will let you guess what was the first.}
    Shotz Brewery?
    No, you silly. I meant a real Chicago brewery and a real Chicago motion picture theatre. :P
    The answer is Forbidden Root on W. Chicago Ave. The address was formerly the "Hub" Theater. I cannot tell you what movies it was showing in its last days without dropping LTHF into another rating. :shock:

NY's Other Half Brewery is also opening at the Ramova Theater.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more