LTH Home

Any one here subscribe to Organic Gardening magazine?

Any one here subscribe to Organic Gardening magazine?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Any one here subscribe to Organic Gardening magazine?

Post #1 - November 26th, 2012, 11:41 am
    Post #1 - November 26th, 2012, 11:41 am Post #1 - November 26th, 2012, 11:41 am
    Hi- I used to subscribe to OG when Mike McGrath was still the publisher. A year after he left for reasons unknown, I dropped my membership because it just wasn't the same. I got a years subscription about four years ago for a Christmas present, and it was okay, but the magazine was a lot smaller, and it just wasn't as good as it was when Mike was in charge. Ever since Mike left, they have had at least 4 different editors and probably more.

Right now Amazon has a really good deal on OG. You can get a two year subscription for just $5. That is really tempting. I know they got a new editor last year, who I assume is still there. This is the one that took Scott Meyer's place. I've heard that the magazine has improved since she came on board. Does anybody here subscribe to OG? What do you think about it? I wish they would bring Mike back, but that is not going to happen Thanks, Nancy
  • Post #2 - November 26th, 2012, 8:10 pm
    Post #2 - November 26th, 2012, 8:10 pm Post #2 - November 26th, 2012, 8:10 pm
    C'mon, it's five bucks - $2.50 a year! Go for it. How bad can it possibly be? :roll:
  • Post #3 - March 26th, 2015, 5:43 pm
    Post #3 - March 26th, 2015, 5:43 pm Post #3 - March 26th, 2015, 5:43 pm
    Hi- Rodale has recently decided to cease publication of Organic Gardening magazine after publishing it for over 60 years. In its place they are publishing a new magazine called Organic Life, which apparently deals with organics in general, instead of just gardening. It might have an article on where to purchase organic sheets, as well as an article on what are the best tomato varieties to plant in your garden. For today only you can purchase a two year subscription to the magazine on Amazon for $5. I was sorry to see them discontinue publication of Organic Gardening magazine, but apparently it is too easy to get free gardening information on the web, and so the number of subscribers has dropped over the years. Organic Gardening Magazine also had a gardening forum, which they shut down last week. Apparently the new magazine has a facebook page that you can post on, but it is not the same as having a regular forum. Somebody that participated on the old boards has started his own gardening board, where most of the regular posters have migrated to.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more