LTH Home

Peterson Garden Project Plant/Bake Sale: May 15-16-17, 2015

Peterson Garden Project Plant/Bake Sale: May 15-16-17, 2015
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Peterson Garden Project Plant/Bake Sale: May 15-16-17, 2015

Post #1 - May 5th, 2015, 10:13 pm
    Post #1 - May 5th, 2015, 10:13 pm Post #1 - May 5th, 2015, 10:13 pm
    Peterson Garden Project has a lot of LTH fans and gardeners and I'm one of them. They're having their annual plant/bake sale next weekend so if anybody is looking for organic plants, worm castings, compost, soil boosters or seeds they'll be there, plus delicious baked goods. And if any of you want to donate baked goods please pm me. PGP started by teaching people to grow their own food and they've taken the next logical step and started to teach people to cook the food they grow in their kitchen at the Broadway Armory. You may have seen postings of various LTHers teaching classes at the kitchen over the last few months, come see whats happening with this project and support a great cause.
    For what we choose is what we are. He should not miss this second opportunity to re-create himself with food. Jim Crace "The Devil's Larder"
  • Post #2 - May 12th, 2015, 9:31 pm
    Post #2 - May 12th, 2015, 9:31 pm Post #2 - May 12th, 2015, 9:31 pm
    Just bumping this to remind people that this is happening this coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Besides the usual plants we'll also have soil boosters, worm castings and compost this year, all organic of course.

Also if you're a baker and would like to contribute to the bake sale we'd love any contributions. PGP can use cookies, brownies, bars, tea cakes, basically anything that can be sold in smaller portions and that doesn't need refrigeration. You can drop items off at:

Peterson Garden Project Learning Center
    4642 N. Francisco Ave
    Chicago, Illinois, 60625

Drop-offs can be done Thursday evening 4-8, Friday 10-4:30, and Saturday 9-4:30 and if want to contribute, but can't drop off PM me and I'll try to arrange something.

Vegan/gluten-free and savory items are always in demand as well.
    For what we choose is what we are. He should not miss this second opportunity to re-create himself with food. Jim Crace "The Devil's Larder"
  • Post #3 - May 15th, 2015, 9:04 pm
    Post #3 - May 15th, 2015, 9:04 pm Post #3 - May 15th, 2015, 9:04 pm
    LTHers you rock! Thanks for all the support you gave us today and for those of you who donated baked goods, it make me proud to be part of such a strong food community.
  • Post #4 - May 16th, 2015, 7:48 pm
    Post #4 - May 16th, 2015, 7:48 pm Post #4 - May 16th, 2015, 7:48 pm
    You Guys!! So many of you came out to support us and provide baked goods for the sale. BR, the pine nut pound cake was amazing, I had to fight someone for the last piece. This is our big fundraiser so thank you all so much, tomorrow is our final day, but you can still come by, we're open from 10-4. Some things are sold out, but we still have lots of stock left.

4642 N. Francisco Ave
    Chicago, Illinois, 60625
  • Post #5 - May 16th, 2015, 8:10 pm
    Post #5 - May 16th, 2015, 8:10 pm Post #5 - May 16th, 2015, 8:10 pm
    mbh wrote:You Guys!! So many of you came out to support us and provide baked goods for the sale. BR, the pine nut pound cake was amazing, I had to fight someone for the last piece. This is our big fundraiser so thank you all so much, tomorrow is our final day, but you can still come by, we're open from 10-4. Some things are sold out, but we still have lots of stock left.

4642 N. Francisco Ave
    Chicago, Illinois, 60625

:D Thanks Maribeth - very happy to help such a great organization . . . least I can do and glad to hear it's going so well. There were so many delicious looking items.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more