LTH Home

Site Issues - Aggregation of Data

Site Issues - Aggregation of Data
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Site Issues - Aggregation of Data

Post #1 - April 7th, 2016, 2:01 pm
    Post #1 - April 7th, 2016, 2:01 pm Post #1 - April 7th, 2016, 2:01 pm
    I have been enlisted, or maybe I volunteered, to help out with the organization and prioritization of the yet to be fixed bugs/annoyances/quirks with the new website design.

As an LTH user, I know it can be frustrating to experience a bug or annoyance, even more so when you see what may look like a simple fix just sit there unchanged. As a tinkerer with wordpress, php, and website design I also know how a simple tweak can cause a chain reaction of unwanted problems, so it is best to tackle them in a methodical and prioritized manner.

If you have made a suggestion, it is my job to make sure it gets as much consideration as every other suggestion. I want it to be fair, and I want everyone interested in the process to participate.

To accomplish this, I’m going to start by scouring the "'16 Site Redesign" threads (there are a lot!) and make a thorough list of issues specified. Want to help compile this spreadsheet? PM me! - After we have produced this list we will post it here in an easy to read and brief format, then I’ll ask everyone to comment if they see anything missing, have new suggestions, etc. After we have a comprehensive list of issues, I’ll post it to a polling or survey website where the entire community can vote on the priority of each issue. Any statisticians out there interested in helping with the logic of the survey? PM me!

Hopefully this process will give us a pretty comprehensive list from which milz50 can work. He has worked countless hours (thanks Matt!) getting the site up, and we all want nothing more than to get the site to a state where everyone is proud of it in every way. (A noble, yet perhaps unattainable goal.) As a community should, let’s team up and help Matt get this done as painlessly as possible!

P.S. Unless you're interested in compiling the existing issues into a spreadsheet with me, we don't need any comments on this specific thread yet, just hold tight until we have the list ready to scrutinize. Feel free to continue posting on the other site issues based threads if you have anything new to add.
    Part of the secret of a success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.

-Mark Twain
  • Post #2 - April 29th, 2016, 9:39 am
    Post #2 - April 29th, 2016, 9:39 am Post #2 - April 29th, 2016, 9:39 am
    I have compiled the list of issues. It is viewable on google docs here with no sign-in required. While I hope I got everything mentioned, there was a lot to sift through and a lot of redundancy so I may have missed something. The next step is for you all to view the list and let me know if any of your concerns are missing. From here we can proceed to the next step, thanks!
    Part of the secret of a success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.

-Mark Twain
  • Post #3 - July 5th, 2016, 11:11 pm
    Post #3 - July 5th, 2016, 11:11 pm Post #3 - July 5th, 2016, 11:11 pm
    any news on the 'next steps' ?
  • Post #4 - July 6th, 2016, 10:22 pm
    Post #4 - July 6th, 2016, 10:22 pm Post #4 - July 6th, 2016, 10:22 pm
    Sorry for the lack of updates. As noted above, I compiled the list. Ronnie, Matt and I got together and discussed how to prioritize the site update suggestions. While every issue is being considered, the top priorities are the issues pertaining to the vertical space (too much wasted space, font size, etc) and the color contrast issues. Matt is currently working on the solution to both of those problems and we should be seeing some changes relatively soon! Thanks everyone for weighing in, truly appreciated!

-Mark Twain
  • Post #5 - September 8th, 2016, 7:55 pm
    Post #5 - September 8th, 2016, 7:55 pm Post #5 - September 8th, 2016, 7:55 pm
    So .... 5 months later ... any updates on the updates ?
  • Post #6 - October 4th, 2016, 10:36 pm
    Post #6 - October 4th, 2016, 10:36 pm Post #6 - October 4th, 2016, 10:36 pm
    Anyone ? Bueller ? Bueller ?
  • Post #7 - October 5th, 2016, 2:36 am
    Post #7 - October 5th, 2016, 2:36 am Post #7 - October 5th, 2016, 2:36 am
    tem wrote:Anyone ? Bueller ? Bueller ?

No, there are no updates at this time. I hoped to have changes made at this point, but I have not completed them.

I'm not working on them currently and do not have a timeframe for when I will start again.

I apprecite the interest, but please stop asking for updates.

-m
  • Post #8 - October 5th, 2016, 8:21 am
    Post #8 - October 5th, 2016, 8:21 am Post #8 - October 5th, 2016, 8:21 am
    tem wrote:So .... 5 months later ... any updates on the updates ?

milz50 wrote:...please stop asking for updates.

No one imagines that the work involved here is easy or anything less than very time-consuming. But the fact that five months have elapsed and now we're being instructed to stop even asking about updates is more than disappointing. Quite frankly, it makes me dubious about the direction things are going and pessimistic. People, myself included, wouldn't be posting here if we didn't care deeply about this board.

If there isn't enough time in a day to address the issues that have been pending for nearly half a year--and I don't question for a moment that that is the case--then either additional help should be enlisted or a plan made going forward. The notion that we should stop even asking is disconcerting and off-putting, at the very least.
    Gypsy Boy

"I am not a glutton--I am an explorer of food." (Erma Bombeck)
  • Post #9 - October 5th, 2016, 11:44 am
    Post #9 - October 5th, 2016, 11:44 am Post #9 - October 5th, 2016, 11:44 am
    Gypsy Boy wrote:

No one imagines that the work involved here is easy or anything less than very time-consuming. But the fact that five months have elapsed and now we're being instructed to stop even asking about updates is more than disappointing. Quite frankly, it makes me dubious about the direction things are going and pessimistic. People, myself included, wouldn't be posting here if we didn't care deeply about this board.

If there isn't enough time in a day to address the issues that have been pending for nearly half a year--and I don't question for a moment that that is the case--then either additional help should be enlisted or a plan made going forward. The notion that we should stop even asking is disconcerting and off-putting, at the very least.

If you aren't paying, you aren't the customer; you're the product. The product doesn't get a seat at the table.
  • Post #10 - October 5th, 2016, 4:19 pm
    Post #10 - October 5th, 2016, 4:19 pm Post #10 - October 5th, 2016, 4:19 pm
    Gypsy Boy wrote:

I'm sorry for the tone and the message. I should not post at 3:30 in the morning. I will be renewing my effort to get some of the changes rolled out. Sorry again.

-m
  • Post #11 - October 5th, 2016, 7:26 pm
    Post #11 - October 5th, 2016, 7:26 pm Post #11 - October 5th, 2016, 7:26 pm
    Gypsy Boy wrote:

a plan made going forward.

Perhaps reverting to the old board software?

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more