LTH Home

Burgers near Six Corners (Milwaukee,Cicero,& Irving Pk)?

Burgers near Six Corners (Milwaukee,Cicero,& Irving Pk)?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - December 6th, 2004, 9:00 am
    Post #31 - December 6th, 2004, 9:00 am Post #31 - December 6th, 2004, 9:00 am
    I have to agree that the new version of Mike's Ale House is not nearly as enjoyable as the old version. I went last week and had the pan pizza. The dough was simply two thin crusts smashed together. It had a TON of cheese, which was overwhelming. I did like the sauce. I tried the thin the last time I was there, and I wasn't impressed. It was better than the pan, but just okay.

And there are no more food specials. The only remaining special is the $2.50 microbrew grab bag. They do have a new item, a burger flight, where you get . . . five? mini-burgers for $7, I think. That seems interesting - the burger options sounds very appealing. However, burgers and wings make up most of the menu, with the pizza options on the back page. I'll probably try it again, but I am very disappointed about it.

And the Mike's on Western is owned by the same guy. However, it has specials!!!!
  • Post #32 - December 6th, 2004, 9:11 am
    Post #32 - December 6th, 2004, 9:11 am Post #32 - December 6th, 2004, 9:11 am
    Mr. V,

I quite enjoyed our lunch at Wong's appreciated your legwork and, also, the fact that Sunshine, along with the chef, were truly interested in accommodating us beyond the #2 with egg roll and fried rice. I'm looking forward to return visits.

I've paid the occasional visit to Family Fruit Market as, up until just a few months ago, my brother in-law and his family lived just up the block on Warner. Nice store, good selection of dry goods, fruit, deli and very reasonable prices.

La Palapita is not quite up to La Pasadita (East) in my estimation, but close enough to make it difficult to pass by without stopping for a steak taco or three.

Seems like you are enjoying your new neighborhood, glad to see Harry V posting. By the way, maybe you ought to try Mr. Steer, be fun to read an 'old style' Harry V post again.

Enjoy,
    Gary
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #33 - December 6th, 2004, 11:24 am
    Post #33 - December 6th, 2004, 11:24 am Post #33 - December 6th, 2004, 11:24 am
    Wow now I am intrigued. I live near Elston and Grace. Seen Suzie's
    a million times but figured it was lousy. Every time I see it, it reminds
    me of a juke joint version of Five Faces down on Division.

Now I need to go there

Dave
  • Post #34 - December 8th, 2004, 1:51 am
    Post #34 - December 8th, 2004, 1:51 am Post #34 - December 8th, 2004, 1:51 am
    G Wiv wrote:... maybe you ought to try Mr. Steer....

Hey, don't knock The Steer. If you and your lady should happen to want to hang out in a Polish Chicagoan's idea of a Wild West Saloon, circa 1974, and knock back a few Stingers and Pink Ladys made with liquor so cheap you can't buy it in stores, but only through special TV offers - then Mr. Steer is the place for you!

It must be admitted, nonetheless, that eating at Mr. Steer is unsafe at any speed.
    Harry V.
  • Post #35 - December 12th, 2004, 11:20 pm
    Post #35 - December 12th, 2004, 11:20 pm Post #35 - December 12th, 2004, 11:20 pm
    HI,

In my long dragged out tour of Chicago today, I found myself by Suzie's when my internal hunger clock went off.

I did indeed the see the mythical foot long Gyro sandwich on the board. I inquired if they used a foot diameter pita bread to reach these substantial proportions. The lady gave me the two-headed look, then advised the gyro's platform is a foot long toasted french bread roll.

I had the blue cheese burger, handcut fries and a Coke. The blue cheese was blue cheese salad dressing, which was dripping off the edges of my burger. The burger was ok, probably I should have selected something other than blue cheese.

Out of the corner of my eye, I was watching the couple who came after and left before me evaporate an Italian Beef sandwich each. I used to think I could win the gold medal at the Olympic Speed Eating competition, though clearly I have slowed with age.
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #36 - March 8th, 2006, 9:22 pm
    Post #36 - March 8th, 2006, 9:22 pm Post #36 - March 8th, 2006, 9:22 pm
    Harry V. wrote:
    G Wiv wrote:... maybe you ought to try Mr. Steer....

Hey, don't knock The Steer. If you and your lady should happen to want to hang out in a Polish Chicagoan's idea of a Wild West Saloon, circa 1974, and knock back a few Stingers and Pink Ladys made with liquor so cheap you can't buy it in stores, but only through special TV offers - then Mr. Steer is the place for you!

It must be admitted, nonetheless, that eating at Mr. Steer is unsafe at any speed.

It is with only mild regret I report the demise of Mr. Steer. My condolences extend to Mrs. Cow.

-ramon
  • Post #37 - March 9th, 2006, 9:53 pm
    Post #37 - March 9th, 2006, 9:53 pm Post #37 - March 9th, 2006, 9:53 pm
    Speaking of Suzie's, I had lunch there today. I had their great 'Western Burger'. That would be a burger on thick Texas toast with catsup, mayo, american cheese and grilled onions (though I opted for raw onions).

Try the subs there. Terrific seasonings and grill pressed sesame bread.
  • Post #38 - July 14th, 2007, 6:11 am
    Post #38 - July 14th, 2007, 6:11 am Post #38 - July 14th, 2007, 6:11 am
    HI,

Has anyone tried the Cornpole at Suzie's? It is a polish sausage stuffed with cheese, dipped in batter, then fried. This sounds like a corn dog on hormones.

Regards,
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #39 - July 14th, 2007, 10:54 pm
    Post #39 - July 14th, 2007, 10:54 pm Post #39 - July 14th, 2007, 10:54 pm
    I lived 2 blocks from Suzie's for 7 years. We would walk over sometimes at 3am and everyone would always try something different. Most of the time we would stop in for shakes, the Banana Oreo is awesome.

Cathy.. A friend of mine tried the Cornpole, he said it made his stomach hurt. lol

Jeff's on Cicero was always good and I've been plenty of times.

R.I.P Mr Steer!

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more