LTH Home

Dockers in Fox Lake, IL overlooking Pistakee Lake

Dockers in Fox Lake, IL overlooking Pistakee Lake
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Dockers in Fox Lake, IL overlooking Pistakee Lake

Post #1 - August 2nd, 2005, 10:19 pm
    Post #1 - August 2nd, 2005, 10:19 pm Post #1 - August 2nd, 2005, 10:19 pm
    Tonight with the temperature at 91 degrees at 6 PM, I collected the Moms for our annual visit to Dockers in Fox Lake. Despite the heat, there was a wonderful breeze off Pistakee Lake, which made the temperature beyond tolerable to very pleasant.

I like to drop in at Dockers, which features outdoor dining on a dock. I usually have the Docker’s Marinated (Greek) chicken on pita with a Greek salad with extra olives and feta. I get the Greek dressing on the side to dunk my chicken, fries and dress my salad.

I eat there for the atmosphere and people watching. People coming and going by land and water. It it just so relaxing. Largely due to heat and a Tuesday evening, there was not the pressing crowds one encounters on weekends. Consequently, nobody minded we sat there for 3 hours eating, drinking and chatting.

During the course of the evening, someone from California phoned for some information. Of course, I made them guess where I was. I told them I was on the Cape Cod of the Midwest: Chain of Lakes. All I was missing was a lobster roll.

Dockers
    33 West Grand Avenue
    Fox Lake, IL 60020
    847-973-0033

Those lazy days of summer are upon us.

Regards,
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways, Road Food 2012: Podcast
  • Post #2 - August 4th, 2005, 11:37 am
    Post #2 - August 4th, 2005, 11:37 am Post #2 - August 4th, 2005, 11:37 am
    Cathy, those pictures look so nice that we've decided to go up there in September. It's our week off but we can't leave town; this will be a great little vacation. Hopefully Dockers will still be open.
  • Post #3 - August 4th, 2005, 1:11 pm
    Post #3 - August 4th, 2005, 1:11 pm Post #3 - August 4th, 2005, 1:11 pm
    Hi,

Dockers is open all year round.

Regards,
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
  • Post #4 - August 4th, 2005, 4:23 pm
    Post #4 - August 4th, 2005, 4:23 pm Post #4 - August 4th, 2005, 4:23 pm
    Thanks Cathy! That'll be fun. We really need to start making day trips again-- especially with nice restaurants in them.
  • Post #5 - April 21st, 2008, 10:34 pm
    Post #5 - April 21st, 2008, 10:34 pm Post #5 - April 21st, 2008, 10:34 pm
    Hi,

The Moms and I lunched at Docker's on Sunday afternoon. It was their first day of al fresco dining for this year. The dock isn't up yet, thus no boaters were in appearance. It was just us landlubbers and motorcyclists soaking up the warmth.

Maybe there are some other great selections, though we don't know. We simply go for the marinated chicken and have yet to depart from that.

Regards,
    Cathy2

• Post #6 - April 22nd, 2008, 8:41 am
    Post #6 - April 22nd, 2008, 8:41 am Post #6 - April 22nd, 2008, 8:41 am
    Cathy2 wrote:Hi,

The Moms and I lunched at Docker's on Sunday afternoon. It was their first day of al fresco dining for this year. The dock isn't up yet, thus no boaters were in appearance.

Most likely because the lakes and upper river are all at NO WAKE because of all the flooding so most folks don't have their boats in yet . . . our marina will not let us put ours in yet.

Another great people watching (albeit not the same sort of atmosphere) place on Pistakee Lake is Famous Freddie's. LOTS of outdoor seating, outdoor bar. To get there turn off of Route 12 at Moretti's and go into the neighborhood. The road dead ends into Freddie's. In the summer the place is jammed.
  • Post #7 - April 22nd, 2008, 6:58 pm
    Post #7 - April 22nd, 2008, 6:58 pm Post #7 - April 22nd, 2008, 6:58 pm
    Thanks for the visual flashback, I lived in FL for a couple years and Dockers was our Brunch destination, as well as our fallback spot for when the wait at Tammy's (on State Park) was ridiculous.

I would agree that Famous Freddies is worth a visit, but I would recommend going before dark when it becomes overrun with a young, loud crowd. FF is one of the very few 3am weekend bars in Northern Lake County, and the cops sure do know it. The place it typical roadhouse flair, with a menu of attractively priced goodies to get you in the door.

edit weekend closing time. Used to be 4.
  • Post #8 - April 25th, 2008, 2:05 pm
    Post #8 - April 25th, 2008, 2:05 pm Post #8 - April 25th, 2008, 2:05 pm
    fearlessfitz wrote:as well as our fallback spot for when the wait at Tammy's (on State Park) was ridiculous.

Yum, Tammy's. We have a place for the weekends across the street at Vacation Village and Tammy's is our usual Friday night stop. Good pizza and some of the best Italian Beefs around (they get their beef from the city).
  • Post #9 - July 26th, 2008, 8:20 am
    Post #9 - July 26th, 2008, 8:20 am Post #9 - July 26th, 2008, 8:20 am
    Went to Dockers yesterday afternoon. It was really nice sitting on the deck. I enjoyed some broasted chicken and potatoes while my friend had some prime rib that he said was OK. I was going to get the Greek chicken but didn't feel like having a sandwich. Next time.

A spin up to Fox Lake is a lot of fun-- feels like a summer holiday in one afternoon.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more