LTH Home

Go 4 Food in Chinatown $2.50 noodle special..changes monthly

Go 4 Food in Chinatown $2.50 noodle special..changes monthly
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 3 of 3 
  • Post #61 - January 19th, 2014, 9:27 pm
    Post #61 - January 19th, 2014, 9:27 pm Post #61 - January 19th, 2014, 9:27 pm
    Thanks for giving us a heads up!
  • Post #62 - April 10th, 2014, 11:35 am
    Post #62 - April 10th, 2014, 11:35 am Post #62 - April 10th, 2014, 11:35 am
    Hey everyone! We're doing a crab special right now and also have some new dishes we'd love for everyone to try! Stop on by for some things we're currently already doing or if you'd like to give us a call in advance we can prepare some newer things too! Thanks!

go4foodusa@gmail.com

Milo
  • Post #63 - April 10th, 2014, 10:51 pm
    Post #63 - April 10th, 2014, 10:51 pm Post #63 - April 10th, 2014, 10:51 pm
    Okay -- maybe everyone else knows who you are, but I didn't. Intrigued, I tried to figure it out -- and came up with http://www.go4foodchicago.com/ -- and the phone number and email match.

The reviews sound good. I'll keep you in mind, next time I'm down your way. Hope you had a good response to the news tip about crab.

Go 4 Food
    212 W 23rd St
    Chicago, IL 60616
    "All great change in America begins at the dinner table." Ronald Reagan

http://midwestmaize.wordpress.com
  • Post #64 - April 11th, 2014, 6:51 am
    Post #64 - April 11th, 2014, 6:51 am Post #64 - April 11th, 2014, 6:51 am
    Go 4 Food is one of several GNR's in Chinatown, for those who are not familiar with the restaurant.
    Steve Z.

“Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Post #65 - April 11th, 2014, 10:42 am
    Post #65 - April 11th, 2014, 10:42 am Post #65 - April 11th, 2014, 10:42 am
    stevez wrote:Go 4 Food is one of several GNR's in Chinatown, for those who are not familiar with the restaurant.

Or they could always, I don't know, maybe go to the very first post of this 3 page thread where all that info was posted almost 4 years ago? Just sayin' . . .
    Objects in mirror appear to be losing.
  • Post #66 - April 11th, 2014, 11:02 am
    Post #66 - April 11th, 2014, 11:02 am Post #66 - April 11th, 2014, 11:02 am
    Kman wrote:
    stevez wrote:Go 4 Food is one of several GNR's in Chinatown, for those who are not familiar with the restaurant.

Or they could always, I don't know, maybe go to the very first post of this 3 page thread where all that info was posted almost 4 years ago? Just sayin' . . .

I think this was the result of two threads being merged as the one thread was started yesterday by milochan.
  • Post #67 - April 21st, 2014, 10:58 am
    Post #67 - April 21st, 2014, 10:58 am Post #67 - April 21st, 2014, 10:58 am
    milochan wrote:Hi Everyone,

Sorry, I'm so inept at forums I couldn't even figure out how to post something for the longest time. But anyway, we're running with a new concept dish called TacoBaos and we'd love for you to try it out! Thanks a bunch and hope to see you guys.

Milo

Thanks to Fooda, which arranges for different restaurants to offer pop-up lunches in office buildings around the city, I got to try the TacoBaos for lunch. The chili fusion fish bao was delicious. I still have the beef bao to go. Nice to see Milo and his crew today!
    -Mary
  • Post #68 - May 2nd, 2014, 8:10 pm
    Post #68 - May 2nd, 2014, 8:10 pm Post #68 - May 2nd, 2014, 8:10 pm
    Turkob and I went out to Go 4 Food for dinner tonight, and we left stuffed, satisfied and already planning our next visit. Milo was there tonight, and he was as friendly as ever. Tonight we ordered a feast - we started with the brand new "bao tacos." Normally I'm not into the whole Asian fusion thing, but they actually tasted all Chinese. A delicious mooshu-like concoction with fatty beef and shredded cabbage inside a freshly steamed bao. It was the only non-seafood dish we ordered, and I'd say it was a hit. Next we had the salted egg yolk shrimp. We ordered it with skin on, so it had a crunch. I enjoyed it a lot, but then i noticed that the table next to ours ordered the salted egg yolk tofu, which also looked amazing. I made a mental note to get the tofu next time. Next we ordered the millionaire rice, an old favorite. It was a more generous portion than we remember, but that's fine with me because then I can have it for another meal. The dried shredded scallops on top is something truly special. Next we got the pea tips. They offer it just stir fried, but of course, I had to get the crab sauce on top, yum. Finally, we had the geoduck in their classic shellfish preparation - jalapenos, scallions, cilantro, and soy sauce. Sooo fresh, sooo chewy. I appreciate the freshness of the seafood, but their sauce really seems to amplify it even more. Looking forward to my next trip. I'm going to invite my boss, hopefully introducing her to this place with earn me some brownie points.
  • Post #69 - December 12th, 2014, 5:48 pm
    Post #69 - December 12th, 2014, 5:48 pm Post #69 - December 12th, 2014, 5:48 pm
    Hi everyone it's Milo from Go 4 Food. I just want to let everyone know we have a Lobster Special going on while it lasts: $11 for 1, $20 for 2, and $30 for 3!!
  • Post #70 - December 12th, 2014, 6:44 pm
    Post #70 - December 12th, 2014, 6:44 pm Post #70 - December 12th, 2014, 6:44 pm
    Been longing for the hot and sour c-food soup. That and a few lobsters are in my near future.
    "In pursuit of joys untasted"
    from Giuseppe Verdi's La Traviata
  • Post #71 - December 12th, 2014, 7:29 pm
    Post #71 - December 12th, 2014, 7:29 pm Post #71 - December 12th, 2014, 7:29 pm
    Mmmmmmm!!!
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad." Miles Kington
  • Post #72 - December 14th, 2014, 6:18 pm
    Post #72 - December 14th, 2014, 6:18 pm Post #72 - December 14th, 2014, 6:18 pm
    Figured the best way to break the fast from an excessive buffet last pm would be multiple lobsters for lunch. 1 xo, 1 ginger-scallion, 1 Singapore. All very nice but for my taste the ginger-scallion won out. A lg order of sticky rice, a lime fish fillet dish that was just left of a margarita (not to my liking) and asst mushrooms baked in pumpkin rounded out our meal. The pumpkin was a bit mild but benefitted w/some of the Singapore-xo sludge spooned over it. Great meal.
    2014-12-14 14.10.28.jpg
  • Post #73 - January 22nd, 2015, 9:45 am
    Post #73 - January 22nd, 2015, 9:45 am Post #73 - January 22nd, 2015, 9:45 am
    I came late to the party on Go 4 Food. Initially, I was not a fan of this restaurant, but over time I've done a complete 360 and now really love the place. I appreciate what they are doing with innovative dishes; especially when it comes to seafood. A recent dinner at GNR Go 4 Food was a collection of greatest hits as well as a couple of new offerings. Although I was a week or so late for $10 lobster, that didn't stop my small but intrepid party from ordering away!

We started out with Seafood Hot & Sour Soup. A good bowl of Hot & Sour is tough to find these days. Most are overly corn starched or under flavored. The version at Go 4 Food hits the texture and flavor departments spot on. The fact that the seafood version has well...seafood puts it over the top. Sorry to say, I didn't get a picture of the bowl as served due to our exuberant waiter ladling our individual portions before I cold whip out my camera.

Seafood Hot & Sour Soup

Next up, the always delicious fried silverfish. These were perfectly fried and grease-less. The accompanying diced jalapeños added a nice bit of heat.

Deep Fried Silverfish

I am a lover of rice, and the Millionaire Style Fried Rice at Go 4 Food is one of may favorite versions anywhere. I can't imagine having a meal at Go 4 Food without including this as part of the order. Although soupier than most other fried rice, the judiciously applied gravy adds a richness that makes the dish special to me.

Millionaire Style Fried Rice

We came in craving lobster but, as I said above, the $10 special was no longer being offered. We ordered one anyway. This was ginger & scallion style, but there are several other styles to choose from. Though on the small side, the lobster was delicious!

Lobster - Ginger and Scallion Style

As we were tearing into the lobster, our waiter mentioned a new item that they have just begun offering. It's a seafood omelet. It's kind of similar to Korean pajeon, but it's made with eggs rather than a batter. This is another great dish and I hope it stays on the menu as a permanent item.

Seafood Omelet

To round things out, we had an order of spinach. I guess that makes this a healthy, balanced meal. :wink:

Stir Fried Spinach

Go 4 Food is really at the top of their game these days. If you haven't been in a while (or never), you should probably visit soon.

Go 4 Food
    212 W. 23rd St.
    Chicago, IL 60616
    312-842-8688
    Steve Z.

“Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Post #74 - May 22nd, 2015, 8:46 pm
    Post #74 - May 22nd, 2015, 8:46 pm Post #74 - May 22nd, 2015, 8:46 pm
    Hey guys we have some new items just in I wanted to let you know about. We have Golden Crabs for the first time and I think we might be the only place in the city that will have this item and it is very good. We also have live jumbo soft shell crabs, which are absolutely amazing! It's very rare that a place will have it live and we got it right now!! Hope to see you guys some time!!

~Milo
  • Post #75 - August 17th, 2015, 10:36 am
    Post #75 - August 17th, 2015, 10:36 am Post #75 - August 17th, 2015, 10:36 am
    Made my first trip to Go 4 Food on Friday for a friend's birthday. There were nine of us including a couple of non-seafood eaters. We managed to sample a good cross-section of the menu and no one went hungry. Our meal included:

* Egg rolls
    * Pot stickers
    * Spring rolls
    * Hot & sour soup
    * Lemon chicken
    * Crispy Cantonese style chicken
    * French-style beef tenderloin
    * Chili-fusion crab (someone else ordered this, not exactly sure of the preparation)
    * Pork fried rice
    * Baby bok choy
    * String beans with shredded pork
    * Egg tofu with salted egg yolk

As others have noted, the hot & sour soup here is excellent. Other highlights included the beef tenderloin and the crispy chicken. I thought both vegetable preparations were also quite good. The tofu was interesting and a great way to add different texture, but I would be hard pressed to eat more than a few pieces. All in all, it was a tasty meal.
    -Mary
  • Post #76 - January 7th, 2017, 12:47 pm
    Post #76 - January 7th, 2017, 12:47 pm Post #76 - January 7th, 2017, 12:47 pm
    Hi Guys! This is Milo from Go 4 Food. Just wanted to let you know we have a few Live King Crab just in that are about 8-11 lbs and $45/lb. We are also running a special $10 lobsters and Dungenese Crab $19.95/ea. We basically have all our seafood in and we're also trying out having King Crab on a more semi regular basis when we can get it. Thanks!
  • Post #77 - October 20th, 2017, 7:32 pm
    Post #77 - October 20th, 2017, 7:32 pm Post #77 - October 20th, 2017, 7:32 pm
    Have had a series of excellent lunches here lately. Go to's are steamed giant clams or oysters, Hong Kong noodles (that I saw on someone else's table, asked about, ordered and devoured) and as per norm the hot and sour c-food soup. Bringing a group of chefs here for a blow out in mid Nov. Will report back.
    hong kong noodles.JPG
    oyster.JPG
  • Post #78 - November 14th, 2021, 9:39 pm
    Post #78 - November 14th, 2021, 9:39 pm Post #78 - November 14th, 2021, 9:39 pm
    After a huge (and superb) meal last pm @ Monteverde I didn't think I'd be ready to eat brunch w/my sister and friends today but was wrong and rose to the occasion, as did Go 4 Food. Steamed oysters and scallops, hot and sour soup, salt and pepper soft shell crabs and pumpkin w/mushrooms were all standouts. C-food is their sweet spot. I'm not aware of anyone doing as many selections as well as they do here. A 20 yr old magnum of Moet to wash it down and all is well.
  • Post #79 - December 17th, 2022, 10:26 am
    Post #79 - December 17th, 2022, 10:26 am Post #79 - December 17th, 2022, 10:26 am
    Scattered thoughts as they spew from my brain parts:

Made our first trip to Go 4 last nite. 5:30PM, it seemed ALL of Chinatown was dead. We were kinda hoping for a smaller crowd because of weather, but we drove by parking spot after parking spot with little to no foot traffic anywhere. So, pre-theater, (Dear Evan Hansen was fantastic, but I thought the music as a whole, was trying to be a little too Disney,) we were planning on Daguan for speed/quality, but since we were just able to park on Wentworth right when we got on the street with no time wasted for spot hunting, I remembered Go 4 Food was one of those "on the shortlist." We basically parked right around the corner from it on Wentworth.

Talk about a gracious host / owner. "Helen?" We were the only people in the place at 5:30, and she was hell bent on making us feel welcomed. I was not expecting such a "fusion-y" selection, but she explained their specialties, after we chatted about what kinda things we liked. Since we were only a table of three, and a tiny bit short on time, we opted for the things she thought we should try, as first timers:

Bao appetizer:
    4 buns with stir fried beef, cabbage, onion (make your own taco, style)
    Fantastic. Far spicier than any of us assumed it would be. Loved it. Simple, but super flavorful, and spicy. Kinda like a Mu-Shu with no wood ear or cloud ear - whatever that stuff is. Spicy beef, cabbage, and onion. Not served with any sauce, but it didn't need it. I immediately asked for the chili oil tho.

Hundred Spice Chicken:
    Despite the name, and the description, this was basic stir fry, but with very well velveted chicken, green and red pepper. We all said the same thing about it. It wasn't great, but there was nothing bad about it. No gloppy sauce, no big flavor, but it was good. Not great, but definitely not bad at ALL. As we ate more and more, we agreed that we'd be happy to order it again, and it made us think that they actually cared about not slinging out cornstarch laden glop like so many other places.

Chili Fusion Fish Filet:
    This is what our hostess really thought we should get. Fried fish chunks with their "special, house made" chili fusion sauce. We loved this. Truly a fusion of Asian flavors, like ALL of them. Nothing stood out as overpowering, but there was a surprising flavor that hinted to an Indian taste. My guess was that came from the Malay and/or Indonesian part of the description, but I have no real experience. It was very surprising, considering we were expecting more of a Cantonese style meal. Loved it.

We also got an order of egg rolls (I can never resist when trying any new place.) I always hope for the egg rolls of my youth, which are harder and harder to find. These were way better than average - pork, cabbage, as you'd expect. I assume they were housemade. They tasted fresh and not processed. They were not highly flavored in any way, but they were good - a really good amount of pork, and not cabbage mush - still crunchy. Fried crisp.

Another table of 4 showed up, and the hostess clearly knew them as old-time regulars. I think they stated that they hadn't been back in about a year. They asked how business had been, and she was very direct in telling them that "it could be much better." Also, from what I gathered, they have re-painted, and maybe have new tables.

We obviously really liked the joint, and the hostess/owner was fantastic. We'll definitely go back to try more of the seafood stuff recommended from this thread. If you happen to be someone who really likes this place, but haven't been in a while, it might be time to try make an effort. Like I said, last nite was my first time there, I'm no Go 4 Food cheerleader or anything, but I could tell that they are good people over there, with good food.
    We cannot be friends if you do not know the difference between Mayo and Miracle Whip.
    Pronoun: That fool over there
    Identifies as: A human that doesn't need to "identify as" something to try to somehow be interesting.
  • Post #80 - December 17th, 2022, 9:54 pm
    Post #80 - December 17th, 2022, 9:54 pm Post #80 - December 17th, 2022, 9:54 pm
    seebee wrote:Scattered thoughts as they spew from my brain parts:

Made our first trip to Go 4 last nite. 5:30PM, it seemed ALL of Chinatown was dead. We were kinda hoping for a smaller crowd because of weather, but we drove by parking spot after parking spot with little to no foot traffic anywhere. So, pre-theater, (Dear Evan Hansen was fantastic, but I thought the music as a whole, was trying to be a little too Disney,) we were planning on Daguan for speed/quality, but since we were just able to park on Wentworth right when we got on the street with no time wasted for spot hunting, I remembered Go 4 Food was one of those "on the shortlist." We basically parked right around the corner from it on Wentworth.

Talk about a gracious host / owner. "Helen?" We were the only people in the place at 5:30, and she was hell bent on making us feel welcomed. I was not expecting such a "fusion-y" selection, but she explained their specialties, after we chatted about what kinda things we liked. Since we were only a table of three, and a tiny bit short on time, we opted for the things she thought we should try, as first timers:

Bao appetizer:
    Fantastic. Far spicier than any of us assumed it would be. Loved it. Simple, but super flavorful, and spicy. Kinda like a Mu-Shu with no wood ear or cloud ear - whatever that stuff is. Spicy beef, cabbage, and onion. Not served with any sauce, but it didn't need it. I immediately asked for the chili oil tho.

Hundred Spice Chicken:
    Despite the name, and the description, this was basic stir fry, but with very well velveted chicken, green and red pepper. We all said the same thing about it. It wasn't great, but there was nothing bad about it. No gloppy sauce, no big flavor, but it was good. Not great, but definitely not bad at ALL. As we ate more and more, we agreed that we'd be happy to order it again, and it made us think that they actually cared about not slinging out cornstarch laden glop like so many other places.

Chili Fusion Fish Filet:
    This is what our hostess really thought we should get. Fried fish chunks with their "special, house made" chili fusion sauce. We loved this. Truly a fusion of Asian flavors, like ALL of them. Nothing stood out as overpowering, but there was a surprising flavor that hinted to an Indian taste. My guess was that came from the Malay and/or Indonesian part of the description, but I have no real experience. It was very surprising, considering we were expecting more of a Cantonese style meal. Loved it.

We also got an order of egg rolls (I can never resist when trying any new place.) I always hope for the egg rolls of my youth, which are harder and harder to find. These were way better than average - pork, cabbage, as you'd expect. I assume they were housemade. They tasted fresh and not processed. They were not highly flavored in any way, but they were good - a really good amount of pork, and not cabbage mush - still crunchy. Fried crisp.

Another table of 4 showed up, and the hostess clearly knew them as old-time regulars. I think they stated that they hadn't been back in about a year. They asked how business had been, and she was very direct in telling them that "it could be much better." Also, from what I gathered, they have re-painted, and maybe have new tables.

We obviously really liked the joint, and the hostess/owner was fantastic. We'll definitely go back to try more of the seafood stuff recommended from this thread. If you happen to be someone who really likes this place, but haven't been in a while, it might be time to try make an effort. Like I said, last nite was my first time there, I'm no Go 4 Food cheerleader or anything, but I could tell that they are good people over there, with good food.

Kinda odd recs, have to say. I LOVE G4F but I’ve never had any of these dishes in probably 2 dozen visits.

Go-tos are always the steamed oysters, clams and scallops in XO or ginger green onion sauce; shrimp, soft shell crab or lobster in salted egg yolk; pea tips with crab; millionaire fried rice (like an Asian seafood risotto); hot & sour seafood soup (amazing); salt & pepper tofu and crispy silver fish.

Feel pretty confident that any combo of these dishes would have you racing back…
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad." Miles Kington
  • Post #81 - December 17th, 2022, 11:11 pm
    Post #81 - December 17th, 2022, 11:11 pm Post #81 - December 17th, 2022, 11:11 pm
    boudreaulicious wrote:Kinda odd recs, have to say. I LOVE G4F but I’ve never had any of these dishes in probably 2 dozen visits.

Go-tos are always the steamed oysters, clams and scallops in XO or ginger green onion sauce; shrimp, soft shell crab or lobster in salted egg yolk; pea tips with crab; millionaire fried rice (like an Asian seafood risotto); hot & sour seafood soup (amazing); salt & pepper tofu and crispy silver fish.

Feel pretty confident that any combo of these dishes would have you racing back…

I think it is cool that Seebee tried new stuff that maybe you could add to your repetoire. :D

I am trying hard not to order the same-stuff at certain places, because I know what I consider to be reliably good. I like surprises ... hopefully good surprises!

Regards,
    CAthy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #82 - December 18th, 2022, 12:13 pm
    Post #82 - December 18th, 2022, 12:13 pm Post #82 - December 18th, 2022, 12:13 pm
    Cathy2 wrote:
    boudreaulicious wrote:Kinda odd recs, have to say. I LOVE G4F but I’ve never had any of these dishes in probably 2 dozen visits.

I think it is cool that Seebee tried new stuff that maybe you could add to your repetoire. :D

I am trying hard not to order the same-stuff at certain places, because I know what I consider to be reliably good. I like surprises ... hopefully good surprises!

Regards,
    CAthy2

Fair enough. However, every time I’ve strayed from the seafood options at G4F, I’ve thought they were pretty meh. Not bad —just not the best of what they do. Seems like a waste unless you go very frequently or with a big enough group that the occasional dud doesn’t matter.
  • Post #83 - December 18th, 2022, 12:16 pm
    Post #83 - December 18th, 2022, 12:16 pm Post #83 - December 18th, 2022, 12:16 pm
    boudreaulicious wrote:
    seebee wrote:Scattered thoughts as they spew from my brain parts:

Bao appetizer:

Hundred Spice Chicken:

Chili Fusion Fish Filet:

Kinda odd recs, have to say. I LOVE G4F but I’ve never had any of these dishes in probably 2 dozen visits.

And by “odd recs”, I meant what the gal from G4F steered them to—not that Seebee was necessarily recommending.
  • Post #84 - December 18th, 2022, 12:44 pm
    Post #84 - December 18th, 2022, 12:44 pm Post #84 - December 18th, 2022, 12:44 pm
    Agree w/both. Their greatest hits are the reason I continue ordering them but will say one dish I love off the beaten path is a whole steamed pumpkin w/mushrooms.
  • Post #85 - December 18th, 2022, 1:54 pm
    Post #85 - December 18th, 2022, 1:54 pm Post #85 - December 18th, 2022, 1:54 pm
    Jazzfood wrote:Agree w/both. Their greatest hits are the reason I continue ordering them but will say one dish I love off the beaten path is a whole steamed pumpkin w/mushrooms.

That sounds fab. Kinda feel like the recs she made for Seebee were more about steering them to “American” friendly dishes and away from the more creative/authentic items. Which are also their best.
  • Post #86 - December 19th, 2022, 8:39 am
    Post #86 - December 19th, 2022, 8:39 am Post #86 - December 19th, 2022, 8:39 am

We didn't plan on Go 4, it was an audible. We didn't have time to scan through this thread for specifics. Wendy (server/owner) helped us immensely. The first thing out of her mouth was, "Well, we ARE more of a seafood place, so I would suggest looking at the seafood first." Her next suggestion was the "French Style Tenderloin" which she stated was their most well received dish. After that, she said any "Chili Fusion" dish was what she'd steer us towards, because that's their signature sauce.

The day after, while the better half was munching the leftover Hundred Spice Chicken, she said we need to read up on what to order, and go back soon. I agree. We just didn't have enough time to come up with a plan of attack. It was more of a, "Looks dead, they should be quick enough to get us fed and on our way" stop. I also have to plan seafood a little more carefully than most since I have a shellfish allergy. It's a whole crappy thing that's gotten worse and worse over the years. So, I knew it was a seafood joint, but we needed to be faster than my menu scanning/planning needs were. For a first time, we did just fine. The leftovers were gone by noon the next day. Jr demolished most for breakfast, and then wife 1.0 finished them for an early lunch. Yours truly got NONE. We did fine.
    We cannot be friends if you do not know the difference between Mayo and Miracle Whip.
    Pronoun: That fool over there
    Identifies as: A human that doesn't need to "identify as" something to try to somehow be interesting.
  • Post #87 - December 19th, 2022, 12:38 pm
    Post #87 - December 19th, 2022, 12:38 pm Post #87 - December 19th, 2022, 12:38 pm
    seebee wrote:

We didn't plan on Go 4, it was an audible. We didn't have time to scan through this thread for specifics. Wendy (server/owner) helped us immensely. The first thing out of her mouth was, "Well, we ARE more of a seafood place, so I would suggest looking at the seafood first." Her next suggestion was the "French Style Tenderloin" which she stated was their most well received dish. After that, she said any "Chili Fusion" dish was what she'd steer us towards, because that's their signature sauce.

The day after, while the better half was munching the leftover Hundred Spice Chicken, she said we need to read up on what to order, and go back soon. I agree. We just didn't have enough time to come up with a plan of attack. It was more of a, "Looks dead, they should be quick enough to get us fed and on our way" stop. I also have to plan seafood a little more carefully than most since I have a shellfish allergy. It's a whole crappy thing that's gotten worse and worse over the years. So, I knew it was a seafood joint, but we needed to be faster than my menu scanning/planning needs were. For a first time, we did just fine. The leftovers were gone by noon the next day. Jr demolished most for breakfast, and then wife 1.0 finished them for an early lunch. Yours truly got NONE. We did fine.

That makes sense—I figured maybe I missed something in how it went down. They are so nice and everything is good—just some things are truly special because you can’t get them anywhere else (that I’ve found). The shellfish allergy is a complication for sure. That tenderloin is really good too!! Enjoy exploring!!
  • Post #88 - May 20th, 2023, 3:02 pm
    Post #88 - May 20th, 2023, 3:02 pm Post #88 - May 20th, 2023, 3:02 pm
    Had a wonderfully light, crunchy and tasty order of HK style softshell crab from here earlier today. Three different versions of softshell were listed as specials.
    "I live on good soup, not on fine words." -Moliere

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more